• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 8 Discussion (BYE Week Thread)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I know but the coach has more riding on that play than we do. Colts offense didn't do much of anything all game, I reckon it was a percentage decision.

it's the combination though of both not going for it on 4th down but also running an a-gap run on 3rd and 5 straight into the defensive front - such a negative playcall on that down and distance when a 1st down basically wins you the game

I know but the coach has more riding on that play than we do. Colts offense didn't do much of anything all game, I reckon it was a percentage decision.

Well the colt offense did enough to score a TD and 3 FG’s, enough to win the game. To me that’s a situation where you need to dump the analytics and go with your gut. Given Denver’s current state I’m not sure what they have to lose.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Well the colt offense did enough to score a TD and 3 FG’s, enough to win the game. To me that’s a situation where you need to dump the analytics and go with your gut. Given Denver’s current state I’m not sure what they have to lose.
Well, if I'm defensively minded coach, 16 points at home is a win for me.
At the same time, my QB threw 3 balls out over everybody starting with 1st&goal.
Who do you trust?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
that steelers pick is going to be pretty high but if they win there's no guarantee the bengals will win a game this year and unless they're sure that the bengals wont take a qb then they need the number 1 pick

Bengals are taking a QB, just a matter of who. Tua, Herbert, Fromm, Joe Burrow?

Pats

Veteran
Dolphins in a tough spot. Do they lose and keep their tank alive or win in hopes of keeping the Steelers pick high?
Must reach the goal of keeping the tank alive. Best case scenario they lose in overtime on a safety because the QB was looking at the cheerleaders.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Hypothetically..... Dolphins with a huge upset would go from the number two pick to the fourth overall pick.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
So.... I have Lamar and Matt Ryan in our dynasty league - had to pick up a rental off the waivers for this week.
@Ludy51 screwed up my plans and picked Cousins, so I took young Mason because Miami.
That's what I get for breaking a promise to never have a Steeler or Patriot on my team.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So.... I have Lamar and Matt Ryan in our dynasty league - had to pick up a rental off the waivers for this week.
@Ludy51 screwed up my plans and picked Cousins, so I took young Mason because Miami.
That's what I get for breaking a promise to never have a Steeler or Patriot on my team.

I picked up Jimmy G and dropped Ryan. I also have Lamar in one of my fantasy leagues lol. Between him and McCaffery I've been solid points wise lol.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Dolphins picked up 15 yards for a first, and 11 yards for another first at the PIT 14. Fitzmagic is back.

Fitzmagic to Allen Hurns for the TD.