• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Patriots

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Like I said in the bye week post, I’m extremely scared of that defense. They’ve been feasting on young QBs. Honestly could see Lamar throwing less than 10-15 times and our guys running a TON. I think our defense will hold up...

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Like I said in the bye week post, I’m extremely scared of that defense. They’ve been feasting on young QBs. Honestly could see Lamar throwing less than 10-15 times and our guys running a TON. I think our defense will hold up...

lamar's elite athleticism probably means they cant play their defence the same way - they love playing man but that will turn the defenders backs and leave lamar massive amounts of space to run into

pats play really good team defence and their back end has been an interception machine so far but lamar apart from that 5 quarter stretch has been pretty safe with the football

pats though are also 2nd in sacks and that worries me a lot despite the lack of name-brands - lots of guys contributing to pressure without one guy standing above - their sack leader is an off-ball lb - we're probably going to have to keep a close eye on the rookie chase winovich though who has 4 sacks already

They look scary.........on paper. I keep looking at who they’ve played so far and then I’m not as impressed. Either way I think it should be a good game. The #1 ranked D against the #2 ranked offense. Tee it up already. Lol

Yeh my worry is basically how well we protect Lamar against an aggressive defence, and will he have the smarts to see what's coming and adjust for it.

I saw a really interesting video on what New England have been doing to young quarterbacks with their zero blitz, and how to beat it. I think Lamar has the tools to beat it, the question is can we be aggressive right back.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeh my worry is basically how well we protect Lamar against an aggressive defence, and will he have the smarts to see what's coming and adjust for it.

I saw a really interesting video on what New England have been doing to young quarterbacks with their zero blitz, and how to beat it. I think Lamar has the tools to beat it, the question is can we be aggressive right back.

mark andrews will be pretty crucial in beating the cover zero blitz - needs to win quickly and hold onto the ball this week

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
that's what i think too

if anything we're going to have a tough time preparing for them because we have no idea what they will try to do to counteract lamar (because no team has really figured it out yet)
I reckon we should focus on ourselves, not their D. It will be crucial to get the run going early and play disciplined football.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
i forgot one of the other keys to beating the pats is beating the refs also - basically dont run any plays that even look like pick plays
Speaking of which, our discipline in our pass-rush needs to be top-notch. We can't afford any Roughing the Brady penalties.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Pressuring miss tommy is the key to stopping the patsies offense as she can’t handle being hit. Maybe the pass rush is reinvigorated(?)after the bye. And surely it will be BB’s game plan to stack the box and force us to pass. LJ will need to be on top of his game and accurate passing the ball.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
BB in the press conference mentioned the Ravns twice on separate occasions, unprompted.

He said we have to look ahead to the Ravens. They have been off a couple of weeks so we know they will be ready and a tough opponent.

Then said later we have to get ready for the Ravens now.

Totally the most lopsided coaching match up vs Freddie Kittens in the history of the game. Browns just like they were only focused on staying warm and dry during the game. Kittens should be fired for not just his ineptitude, nor what he just did, but for total incompetence.

Still Belichick breaking character and admitting he was looking forward to the Ravens is a big tell. He knows how big a game it will be AND how dismissable the Browns are.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
BB in the press conference mentioned the Ravns twice on separate occasions, unprompted.

He said we have to look ahead to the Ravens. They have been off a couple of weeks so we know they will be ready and a tough opponent.

Then said later we have to get ready for the Ravens now.

Totally the most lopsided coaching match up vs Freddie Kittens in the history of the game. Browns just like they were only focused on staying warm and dry during the game. Kittens should be fired for not just his ineptitude, nor what he just did, but for total incompetence.

Still Belichick breaking character and admitting he was looking forward to the Ravens is a big tell. He knows how big a game it will be AND how dismissable the Browns are.

Ravens have always played Pats tough and he knows it. The fact that the Ravens havnt been meeting the Pats in the playoffs the past few years is probably a nice perk that BB knows he is about to lose.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Ravens have always played Pats tough and he knows it. The fact that the Ravens havnt been meeting the Pats in the playoffs the past few years is probably a nice perk that BB knows he is about to lose.
and right now we have a new secret weapon.