• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Patriots

Keys to the game aside from the obvious ball security..

-motion often to sniff out the man coverage, when you find cover zero, make them pay, run everybody hot on fly routes with max protect, if Hollywood can outrun somebody hit him, if Boykin or andrews is singled give them some chances to make a play, or simply let Lamar gash the dbs who have their backs turned

-if they decide they wanna switch it up for confusion sake and run a lot of zone and 4 man rushes, spread them out, work the seams, vary Hollywood’s route tree, use nick Boyle and isolate the creases in the front after you spread them out. keep with the motions so you can sniff out man and single coverage though, anytime you see it you send the house deep, this is key imo.

-power runs all across the front, not read option with power concepts, I’m talking real power, under center, i-formation, strong/weak side FB, jumbo sets with powers lined up at TE, give us the threat of bootlegs constantly, if we’re gashing them in the run game then Lamar will become LETHAL on bootlegs, they will commit to stopping the run and even if they spy the backside Lamar will make a guy miss, if you have Hollywood backside the corner can’t contain and if he does we have a TD.

This game is all about overpowering their front, forcing the front to commit, then isolating their corners and safeties and forcing them to make a decision to contain one of 2 deadly playmakers on every possible snap. When Lamar drops back, we need to make a defender decide whether they’re gonna worry about Hollywood scoring or Lamar picking up a run, you do that by forcing the front to cheat to one side with a power run game.
I agree on point one ball security ... I never bother to state turnovers as a key in any game. It just goes without saying.

I expect they are going to absolutely sell out to stop the power run game. If they see play-action, they man up and focus on keeping the integrity of the pocket in tact and no worry 1 bit about bringing direct heat on Lamar. The only sacks that will come will come where they keep Lamar in the pocket, no one is open, he holds the ball and the pocket finally collapses. They watched the tape of Seattle killing themselves by playing man and at the same time trying to get after Lamar and getting scattered on their front. With a stacked box and man cover, this may provide a mismatch for Andrews and I'm hoping for a nice rebound game for him. This also should give us some downfield opportunities to Hollywood and Boykin. We need to hit on at least one really big play that results in a TD.

For our D, as always tight cover on NE - especially Edelman - is needed as they love to get the ball out of Brady's hands in a flash. Thankfully, I think we now have the personnel to do that. They'll try deep shots here and there and we're just going to have to hold up with guys on an island. Given we'll be focused on the pass, the front are going to have to be stout when NE mixes in the run.

Basically we need a big game from everyone - but we get that, we should at least keep it close. Then it could come down to the one place where we always have the clear advantage - Tucker vs. anyone

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
funny, we've had the bye week but i don't see us as being healthier than the patriots.

funny, we've had the bye week but i don't see us as being healthier than the patriots.
Hollywood being so limited in practice is probably the biggest concern. I'm starting to get worried about him being small and fragile and being a long-term concern with staying on the field.

Lots of guys listed as questionable, some I didn't know were hurt (Thomas). So often though, guys listed as questionable seem unaffected in their game play. Hollywood is the one I'm most worried about.

Will be interesting to see if Smith has any rust to shake off (and if he stays on the field ...)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
NFLMLBNBANHLCFBGOLFPLNAS

MATT LACOSSETE, NEW ENGLAND PAT-SIES

Patriots TE Matt LaCosse (knee) has been downgraded to out for Week 9 against the Ravens.
Ben Watson has taken over the starting job, which has lessened LaCosse's already small role. The Patriots haven't utilized their tight ends as receivers this season, so LaCosse is just a blocking depth option for New England when he's healthy.

SOURCE: Patriots.com
Nov 2, 2019, 2:20 PM ET

Last edited:
"This is the loudest manure chant I've ever heard" Al Michaels

https://twitter.com/mattyboh10/status/1189897684901072897

I believe this was the game back in 2013 when Tucker kicked a game winning fg to win 31-30.
Haha yeah scary as hell cause Tucker nearly missed a chip shot but he kicked it so high over the upright it was hard to tell if it was in. Thankfully, the refs didn't screw us on it ... but I remember BB running to the officials as time had run out as the teams were leaving the field and the refs just walked off without acknowledging him

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
patsies activate their first round WR that had been out with an ankle.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...nd-pick-a-chance-to-make-his-debut-vs-ravens/
yep

N'KEAL HARRYWR, NEW ENGLAND PAT-SIES

Patriots activated N'Keal Harry (ankle) from injured reserve.
Harry has been practicing the last two weeks. Getting activated off IR puts him on track to make his debut Sunday night against the Ravens. Harry's path to targets took a hit when the Patriots traded for Mohamed Sanu, but he should push for snaps in three-wide sets. Out since August, Harry's role figures to be limited if active this week.

Last edited:
yep

Harry has been practicing the last two weeks. Getting activated off IR puts him on track to make his debut Sunday night against the Ravens. Harry's path to targets took a hit when the Patriots traded for Mohamed Sanu, but he should push for snaps in three-wide sets. Out since August, Harry's role figures to be limited if active this week.
Another reason they didn't need to keep Gordon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tank

Hall of Famer
yep

You should be banned for life for posting that logo.

Last edited by a moderator:
2009 was the real boot stomp. I remember saying, just before our first offensive snap "OK - let's see if we can establish the run" and the first play was an 83 yard TD run. I'd say that was establishing the run.

Then the defense took over Suggs strip sack. 3 runs and TD. Pick. 3 runs and TD. Pick FG ... 24 - 0 end of 1st quarter. Game over.

I was watching with a large Ravens party and someone said, "I'm waiting for my alarm clock to go off and I wake up ..."
As a Packer fan I loved that game.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The best part about the bullshit chant was they tossed to a commercial when it started and when they came back from the break it was still going! It was so beautiful...….
It was PERRRRFECT! Like all those fans in perfect harmony with such loud booming bass in their chant.

Like... I’m super proud of that, as a fan base that is a very proud moment lol