• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Patriots

redrum52

Hall of Famer
pats have had at least 1 interception in every single game this year so far...
this is the key to the game - pats defence cant score many points without creating turnovers, and on this year's form, the pats offence cant score many points without the defence creating turnovers too

This is a take what they give you game. If we play our game and run defense shows up, pretty sure we win. If they don't beat themselves I see a victory.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
pats have had at least 1 interception in every single game this year so far...
this is the key to the game - pats defence cant score many points without creating turnovers, and on this year's form, the pats offence cant score many points without the defence creating turnovers too
That second one is much more telling. We need to pound them with our running game all night. When it works, great. When it doesn't, don't force anything just punt and see how they do on 70, 80, 90 y drives. br*dy is driving short field all season.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I didn't expect it to be great, but I thought it would be better than it currently is. How many games this year have gone into the 2nd quarter or later and the announcers mention that a WR hasn't caught a ball yet? Part of this is due to, like you said, Lamar needing to spread the ball around better, but our WRs also don't seem to be winning their matchups very often.

I'd love for us to target a Lockett-type in the draft in the middle to late rounds; basically, a guy who's dangerous as a KR/PR who also has some upside as a WR if he can be coached up. That way we can get rid of dead-weight like Chris Moore and still be good on ST.
Lockett a beast at wr.. he probably makes the most
Diffcult catches more than any wr ive seen and that was before this season... if we get a wr like that
We dnt need to play him at special teams

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lockett a beast at wr.. he probably makes the most
Diffcult catches more than any wr ive seen and that was before this season... if we get a wr like that
We dnt need to play him at special teams

I agree, but remember that Lockett started out playing mostly ST. If we could find someone similar then we start him out at ST, where we haven't really had a dynamic returner since Jacoby left, and then we work on turning him into a dangerous WR. Obviously, if it works out then you can have him play less ST to not risk a big injury.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I agree, but remember that Lockett started out playing mostly ST. If we could find someone similar then we start him out at ST, where we haven't really had a dynamic returner since Jacoby left, and then we work on turning him into a dangerous WR. Obviously, if it works out then you can have him play less ST to not risk a big injury.
The irony is that Lockett, at the time he was killing as returner, broke his leg on a passing play.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
That second one is much more telling. We need to pound them with our running game all night. When it works, great. When it doesn't, don't force anything just punt and see how they do on 70, 80, 90 y drives. br*dy is driving short field all season.

Yeah, we take care of the football then I like our chances. The Pats offense doesn't really scare me if they have to drive down the field and I'm hoping that having Jimmy back will have our defense looking the best it has all season.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I’m sure it’s been said numerous times but we get Jimmy, Peanut and Hollywood back. Holy hell. I’m just trying to imagine Jimmy, Peters and Marlon all on the field at the same time against Brady. Gonna be one hell of a blacked out game

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
WTF is with Earl now?

upload_2019-10-31_9-27-55.png

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Jeff Zrebiec
@jeffzrebiec

·
CB Jimmy Smith told reporters he’s ready to return Sunday. Marquise Brown said he’s progressing. Said he’s excited to be back on field.

He also said that ET tends to have Wednesdays as vet days off, but due to him coming off a bye week, it probably wasn't the reason he was limited.

Ravens practice squad DB Denzel Rice also limped off the field and into the training room after getting hurt in a special teams drill.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
oops sorry about that

im sure you can work it out. Jeff said that he got a bit banged up vs seattle.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

REX BURKHEADRB, NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Rex Burkhead (foot) was limited for Wednesday's practice.
Burkhead made his return on Sunday despite limited participation heading into the week, rushing three times for four yards all the while corralling a nine-yard catch. His pending availability is more important for Sony Michel's outlook since the latter has yet to record a single reception in the five games the two have played together this season. Burkhead is expected to suit up Sunday night against Baltimore.