• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Patriots

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We better not be getting any of this crap on Sunday night

tom-brady-ballerina.jpg

That’s a no brainier but I’m not sure that:
a) Clowney becomes a FA
b) He wants to sign here unless we throw crazy $$$ his way

There’s no question you keep Marcus over Jimmy but I don’t know what Smith’s value will be as a 31 (32 when the season begins) CB frequently injured. We may not even want him back, but I’m saying if he’s got a cool market and no takers and we’ve signed Peters, Humphrey and Stanley I’d keep Jimmy around on a cheap deal if it came to that. Cheap being relative since he would cost probably around 6-7M. Could be even less a la Jason Verrett.
Jimmy's market is going to be driven heavily by how he finishes the year. If he stays healthy and plays well, someone will pay him. If he gets hurt again and misses time, then there will likely be reluctance for anyone to sign him to anything significant

Charm City

Pro Bowler
Jimmy's market is going to be driven heavily by how he finishes the year. If he stays healthy and plays well, someone will pay him. If he gets hurt again and misses time, then there will likely be reluctance for anyone to sign him to anything significant
the best ability is availability

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Peters only had one good game for us.. ive seen him give up very big tds, yards and everything in chunks. I was a big peters fan in college however he didnt play well for rams nor Kc other than his rookie season. Not a terrible corner but its way too early to determine of he deserves a pay day.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Peters only had one good game for us.. ive seen him give up very big tds, yards and everything in chunks. I was a big peters fan in college however he didnt play well for rams nor Kc other than his rookie season. Not a terrible corner but its way too early to determine of he deserves a pay day.
I don't know man. When we have #44, who doesn't see lot of targets on one side and Earl in the middle, who isn't targeted much either, Tavon hopefully coming back to disrupt the short routes - we can trap lot of passes on the Peters side. He's been humbled by being traded twice, hot head shouldn't hinder him any longer. Tools are there, team support wouldn't be an issue - I reckon he would work.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I don't know man. When we have #44, who doesn't see lot of targets on one side and Earl in the middle, who isn't targeted much either, Tavon hopefully coming back to disrupt the short routes - we can trap lot of passes on the Peters side. He's been humbled by being traded twice, hot head shouldn't hinder him any longer. Tools are there, team support wouldn't be an issue - I reckon he would work.
I love the ball skills and instincts. Works well especially for a team like patriots. He gambles which is fine but just has to be smarter about it. Is tavon actually coming back? I thought his neck injury was serious?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
yes, it's early and yes he's given up big plays without a doubt. He's definitely an opportunistic corner. He did well in kansas city and I do remember him giving up some big touchdowns in KC his rookie year, but he also played well for a rookie corner, which isn't the easiest position to adjust to in the NFL

Charm City

Pro Bowler
I'd argue that our secondary has underperformed for so long because we counted on Jimmy being healthy for a full season for so many years so we didn't focus as much attention on the position. Also we've basically thrown away the cap space for the years he's been injured for large amounts of the season

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I love the ball skills and instincts. Works well especially for a team like patriots. He gambles which is fine but just has to be smarter about it. Is tavon actually coming back? I thought his neck injury was serious?
He can't come back this year because he was on IR prior to the final 53 being set. I do believe he will be able to come back next year though. Harbaugh said in his last press conference that he was doing well in his rehab or something to that degree.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Every neck injury is pretty serious but I remember them saying this one could have been handled without surgery, making it possible for Tavon to come back later this season. Surgery option meant he's lost for year but permanently fixed for the future.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I'd argue that our secondary has underperformed for so long because we counted on Jimmy being healthy for a full season for so many years so we didn't focus as much attention on the position. Also we've basically thrown away the cap space for the years he's been injured for large amounts of the season
In Jimmy's case true to an extent - we haven't felt it much this year because secondary is good in general. There are also guys who are always available but don't really do much of anything useful - that's what I was alluding to.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
In Jimmy's case true to an extent - we haven't felt it much this year because secondary is good in general. There are also guys who are always available but don't really do much of anything useful - that's what I was alluding to.
yeah I feel you. I'd argue that Brandon Carr has been more valuable to us though over Jimmy, even though Jimmy is a much better player, just because Carr has been so dependable ** knocks on wood **