• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The Better and The Best vs NE

purp

Practice Squad
He also has not had a full NFL season in the weight room and I'm sure his injuries have hampered his ability to bulk up as well. I don't see why he can't add at least 10 pounds and still keep his same speed this offseason

Amen, brother. I think Tyreek Hill is the blueprint for Hollywood.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I remember Carr practicing at safety in the offseason and the first thing I noticed at the game was ET playing strong safety and Carr playing free safety and wondered if this would happen in this game, with Jimmy back.

its cool - makes me wish we had deshon elliott still just because he's so rangy but brandon carr is not a bad person to have play that role in the dime in stead - especially when the weakest part of his game is his tackling

D1City55

Pro Bowler
He even said after the game that he got Moss'd. It happens. That PD though oh my god. Incredible play.
The break on the ball was impressive, he got there quick and while I think Carr had good coverage, it was still a good play. I loved that he still made the play there. Don't give them any chances.

D1City55

Pro Bowler
he looked like he finally had complete understanding of the scheme and was free to play within it - he finally could start reacting to what he sees etc. and ironically he's looked at his best when we're in the dime and we have someone else play deep safety and he can roam close to the LoS pre-snap almost like weddle - with deshon elliott back there and now brandon carr rotating into deep safety in the dime and quarter (which he can only do because jimmy's back and because all 3 of our other corners can travel if needed)

im really excited about how multiple earl's role in this defence is and that he's not just being used the exact same way he was in seattle with their fairly basic cover scheme

Chuck Clark is also a revelation every week btw - gets better and better
Oh Earl is a baller. Pure baller. I can understand the issues with run defense and while he doesn't stop it with authority anymore, he can still cover so much ground. I never understood the criticism he got throughout the season, he's been the one player who has consistently made plays and has saved us from giving up touchdowns. He's making a huge impact in coverage and all around, once he gets settled in, look out.

Chuck Clark has been solid overall. This reminds me of what Ozzie said back in 2016 where he said his biggest priority is depth. Man, did he make due on his promise.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Amen, brother. I think Tyreek Hill is the blueprint for Hollywood.

The crazy thing is Hollywood is already a better wr than Hill was his first year. Route running and hands are way ahead. Hope he can keep progressing like Hill has because I didnt see him becoming this.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i said it so many times in the draft threads lol but i was kind of on an island with the hollywood love - thought he was a top 10 type player in this draft class
You were on an island for having him as your favorite WR. The only reason he wasn't my favorite was his size, but I liked him a lot. In the end I liked DK Metcalf, AJ Brown (even though I felt his best role was as a big slot) and Hollywood. I was a fan of Deebo Samuel as well, but concerned with his injury history. I feel that's the biggest reason he wasn't my favorite WR in the draft.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Was rewatching highlights. We beat the Pats with their own own kind of passing game. A lot of crossers and quick hits. It's funny cause I was reading comments and they didn't seem to like that pick play on 4th. Oh the irony.

@rossihunter2 remember you being high on Brown. Everyone seemed to have their guy around draft time. Not disappointed with the pick and still think Miles will improve as the passing game expands. Really hope we can keep Roman around and if not, the guys under him better be taking this all in.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
You were on an island for having him as your favorite WR. The only reason he wasn't my favorite was his size, but I liked him a lot. In the end I liked DK Metcalf, AJ Brown (even though I felt his best role was as a big slot) and Hollywood. I was a fan of Deebo Samuel as well, but concerned with his injury history. I feel that's the biggest reason he wasn't my favorite WR in the draft.

I still have injury concerns with hollywood. Hes been out for 2 games now. The thing with tyreek is that hes small like hollywood, but hes thick. He can take the hits. I wonder how much muscle can hollywood put on

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I still have injury concerns with hollywood. Hes been out for 2 games now. The thing with tyreek is that hes small like hollywood, but hes thick. He can take the hits. I wonder how much muscle can hollywood put on
Deebo has had many issues with hamstring injuries. I believe he only had one year in college (last year) where he was healthy.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Greg Roman was on fire this sunday night btw - some of the play designs are cool but how he manipulated personnel to get the patriots into certain personnel and then took advantage of it was shanahan-esque - lots of coordinators try and do that but the cohesion between the idea and the execution isnt there

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Greg Roman was on fire this sunday night btw - some of the play designs are cool but how he manipulated personnel to get the patriots into certain personnel and then took advantage of it was shanahan-esque - lots of coordinators try and do that but the cohesion between the idea and the execution isnt there
and we haven't even opened up the entire playbook to this point.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think over the long haul, Hollywood will be the most accomplished receiver of his class partly due to the rapport he's building with Lamar and that's going to build and improve!

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Honestly, I payed less attention to detail during this game because of all of the emotions. I distinctly wanted to pay attention to inside linebacker play and I have no idea who was out there or how anyone did. I only remember Bynes making one good play and peanut forcing the fumble

D1City55

Pro Bowler
as an aside im starting to see this take in multiple places and it is complete bullshit but let people keep doubting...

apparently the pats didnt try their hardest in this game because they wanted to leave something back for when we see them again in the playoffs

1. there's no guarantee these 2 teams play each other again (and bellichick said as much in his press conference after the game)
  2. i saw more different kinds of defensive alignment from the pats than ive seen from maybe any other team - they literally changed from a 3-4 to a 4-3 after the first 2-3 drives - they used spies, they used man with zone inside, they used cover zero blitzes etc. etc. - they didnt do any of that against other teams
  3. its naive to think bellichick would throw away a game for deceptive purposes when if he actually did do what's being suggested it could potentially be the loss that loses them a bye or home field or whatever - and its literally in some of the highlight reels the moment bellichick gets his entire defence around him and is literally trying to fix and adjust in-game - likewise dont'a hightower getting heated on the sideline
but you know what let those takes be out there and let us go back into the shadows so we can punch some other darling team in the mouth
Some coaches do that, but it's pure BS in this case and it makes no sense. Also, why the hell would they let a top seeded team beat them and gain momentum from a win like this? You're one game ahead now from throwing the game and there's no guarantee that they will play again like you said. It's a silly assumption.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Honestly, I payed less attention to detail during this game because of all of the emotions. I distinctly wanted to pay attention to inside linebacker play and I have no idea who was out there or how anyone did. I only remember Bynes making one good play and peanut forcing the fumble

im similar - although it might interest you to know that bynes was the highest graded defender for the ravens per PFF (for whatever that's worth)

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
im similar - although it might interest you to know that bynes was the highest graded defender for the ravens per PFF (for whatever that's worth)

Woah that's pretty crazy. He has really really locked down that position. So a couple of weeks ago it was him and Fort right? Fort had a couple nice games. I think Peanut may have replaced him this week?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Woah that's pretty crazy. He has really really locked down that position. So a couple of weeks ago it was him and Fort right? Fort had a couple nice games. I think Peanut may have replaced him this week?

Peanut had 28 snaps (42%), Josh Bynes had 25 snaps (37%), LJ Fort had 18 snaps (27%)

we played so much dime and quarters that there werent a huge amount of ILB snaps to go around with Chuck dropping down and sometimes Levine coming as well (Levine had 8 snaps - 12%)

worth noting that only LJ Fort of the 3 LBs (other than Chris Board) is playing special teams snaps