• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Texans

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
@Deebo813 take ravens in first quarter again?
Tbh im not sure. Well most likely i will but im kinda scared of HOU run D and athletic lbs. i think we will struggle early on. We have had the lead dam near every game i believe, wonder how things will get when we have to play from behind

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Tbh im not sure. Well most likely i will but im kinda scared of HOU run D and athletic lbs. i think we will struggle early on. We have had the lead dam near every game i believe, wonder how things will get when we have to play from behind
We’re not gonna be running wild on them.

We’re gonna air raid them right up their buttholes. Hollywood, andrews, and I’m gonna say hurst are gonna go OFF this week, their secondary is poop, pass rush is weak, their strength lies in their LBs and DJ reader, good to counter our run game but this is a run first offense, not a run ONLY offense like last year.

Ravens drop 30+ this week and Lamar’s passer rating is 100+

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
We’re not gonna be running wild on them.

We’re gonna air raid them right up their buttholes. Hollywood, andrews, and I’m gonna say hurst are gonna go OFF this week, their secondary is poop, pass rush is weak, their strength lies in their LBs and DJ reader, good to counter our run game but this is a run first offense, not a run ONLY offense like last year.

Ravens drop 30+ this week and Lamar’s passer rating is 100+

I would like to see a game like the first, where Lamar focus on his throws and uses his mobility to move around in the pocket. I want him to practice that more.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Williams has been on the field this season with Pierce for 65 run plays. On those plays, the Ravens’ defense has allowed 244 yards, an average of 3.75 rushing yards. Those numbers, if projected to an entire season, would be among the league’s best.

When Pierce is on the field without Williams, opposing offenses average 6.02 yards per rush. When Williams is on the field and Pierce is sidelined, that number increases to 7.16 yards per rush.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports...0191115-zmfdrb7rhzhorapbfncfrxbnfy-story.html

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Williams has been on the field this season with Pierce for 65 run plays. On those plays, the Ravens’ defense has allowed 244 yards, an average of 3.75 rushing yards. Those numbers, if projected to an entire season, would be among the league’s best.

When Pierce is on the field without Williams, opposing offenses average 6.02 yards per rush. When Williams is on the field and Pierce is sidelined, that number increases to 7.16 yards per rush.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports...0191115-zmfdrb7rhzhorapbfncfrxbnfy-story.html
We're fucked?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
When those numbers were taken, we did not have any other DTs. Now we have Peko and Ellis.
Seems like an offseason full of adding 3techs is needed. We have 3 0techs, multiple 5techs, and cut the only 3tech we had on the team, it’s been a problem for a very long time and it could be the thing that prevents us from winning a super bowl this year. If we mess around and get deep in the playoffs and one of those guys goes down, it’s gonna get ugly, the AFC can run the ball this year. Shit if we saw the raiders and didn’t have Williams and pierce they might knock us off. This is a really concerning problem, and even worse is when both guys are lined up, our pass rush suffers, but we still need them

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Seems like an offseason full of adding 3techs is needed. We have 3 0techs, multiple 5techs, and cut the only 3tech we had on the team, it’s been a problem for a very long time and it could be the thing that prevents us from winning a super bowl this year. If we mess around and get deep in the playoffs and one of those guys goes down, it’s gonna get ugly, the AFC can run the ball this year. Shit if we saw the raiders and didn’t have Williams and pierce they might knock us off. This is a really concerning problem, and even worse is when both guys are lined up, our pass rush suffers, but we still need them

especially with how little we actually use 5techs now given how little we use the base

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
We struggled mightily against the Patriots no huddle offense. They really moved the ball at will on our tiring D. Houston is considered to have the best no huddle offense. How does our D combat them and stop them? Anybody have any ideas how we handle the no huddle especially if we can't run substitutions and change packages?

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
We struggled mightily against the Patriots no huddle offense. They really moved the ball at will on our tiring D. Houston is considered to have the best no huddle offense. How does our D combat them and stop them? Anybody have any ideas how we handle the no huddle especially if we can't run substitutions and change packages?
Even worse with a non existent pass rush

I think the most important thing is to win TOP so that the defence isn't gassed

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Regardless of what happens today, at least we'll still have a multiple game lead over the division.

EDIT: Let's not blow this lead like the Steelers did last season when they started off 7-2-1.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Regardless of what happens today, at least we'll still have a multiple game lead over the division.

EDIT: Let's not blow this lead like the Steelers did last season when they started off 7-2-1.
exactly. Think the Steelers had a 2.5 or 3.5 game lead last year and blew it. Can't remember how far behind we were after we lost to them in week 9, right before our bye week and Lamar Jackson replacing Joe Flacco due to his injury.