• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Texans

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I’m thinking one of these guys can boost our run D enough to stop the likes of SF, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh to finish out the season.

I’m genuinely prepared for a 13-3 finish, with our remaining loss coming from ONE OF those 3 teams, or the rams, but I don’t see the rams beating us.
I see us dropping one on Sunday and L in LA

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
As someone who dislikes the Texans, I have to say I am thrilled about them keeping Bill O'Brien around. I think it makes them worse. Am I wrong to think that? I am mostly going off of my impressions of him from Hard Knocks a few years ago, combined with the team's post-season record. He was - I'll just leave it as, unimpressive. He's the reason I don't fear their extra week of preparation.

I am in awe (and for this weekend, fear) of Watson and Hopkins though. Just top notch.
And I'd be remiss if I didn't thank them for Jacoby Jones, Pollard and Leach, without whom the most recent Ravens' Ring wouldn't be possible.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The last time LJ played DW was in 2016, in his Freshmen Sophomore year, when Louisville was 3rd ranked Louisville and 5th ranked Clemson squared off to what ended up bing a shootout that Jackson came up 3 yards shy of winning. Final score was Clemson 42-36.

Last edited:

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
As someone who dislikes the Texans, I have to say I am thrilled about them keeping Bill O'Brien around. I think it makes them worse. Am I wrong to think that? I am mostly going off of my impressions of him from Hard Knocks a few years ago, combined with the team's post-season record. He was - I'll just leave it as, unimpressive. He's the reason I don't fear their extra week of preparation.

I am in awe (and for this weekend, fear) of Watson and Hopkins though. Just top notch.
And I'd be remiss if I didn't thank them for Jacoby Jones, Pollard and Leach, without whom the most recent Ravens' Ring wouldn't be possible.
I'm curious to know the reason for your disdain of them.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
The last time LJ played DW was in 2016, in his Freshmen year, when Louisville was 3rd ranked Louisville and 5th ranked Clemson squared off to what ended up bing a shootout that Jackson came up 3 yards shy of winning. Final score was Clemson 42-36.
Was actually his Sophomore year and a WR ran out of bound 3 yards short of a first down. They would've probably scored but who knows. Was a great game to watch

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Was actually his Sophomore year and a WR ran out of bound 3 yards short of a first down. They would've probably scored but who knows. Was a great game to watch
yes, I'm aware it wasn't Lamar that stopped 3 yards shy. Thought it was his freshmen year, my mistake, appreciate the correction.

I said this a bit earlier this year and it is coming to pass. This team has always tried to thrive on the no respect theme. Fly under the radar, be the underdog, we like it that way.

This version of the Ravens that will not be true. Forget flying under the radar. Lamar and how Roman is using him is making that impossible. Forget feeling like being the underdog and getting no respect is the motivation we need to show our opponent who we are.

We need to know how to win when we are expected to win - because if we play the way we're capable of - we're going to be expected to win a lot more. No more playing down to the level of a bad opponent. No let down. That will become more important as we have much more challenging games that we're also supposed to win (for example, this week). Embrace being the favorite and embrace the challenge of living up to expectations.