• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Texans

redrum52

Hall of Famer
This would be a HUGE win going forward. Give us a 2 game lead on the Texans and the Chiefs seem to be spiraling because of that defense. That said, this game worries me much more than the Patriots game. Watson is an escape artist and might be trouble for our defense. Very happy to have Jimmy healthy again. Also, the Texans always seem to give us trouble when they're healthy. FUCK it... It's a new era. Ravens by 10!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I said this a bit earlier this year and it is coming to pass. This team has always tried to thrive on the no respect theme. Fly under the radar, be the underdog, we like it that way.

This version of the Ravens that will not be true. Forget flying under the radar. Lamar and how Roman is using him is making that impossible. Forget feeling like being the underdog and getting no respect is the motivation we need to show our opponent who we are.

We need to know how to win when we are expected to win - because if we play the way we're capable of - we're going to be expected to win a lot more. No more playing down to the level of a bad opponent. No let down. That will become more important as we have much more challenging games that we're also supposed to win (for example, this week). Embrace being the favorite and embrace the challenge of living up to expectations.
and screw the bumble bees

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
This would be a HUGE win going forward. Give us a 2 game lead on the Texans and the Chiefs seem to be spiraling because of that defense. That said, this game worries me much more than the Patriots game. Watson is an escape artist and might be trouble for our defense. Very happy to have Jimmy healthy again. Also, the Texans always seem to give us trouble when they're healthy. [profanity deleted] it... It's a new era. Ravens by 10!

Wilson is an escape artist too and we handled him pretty well (and that game was before we got Jimmy back in the secondary). I expect Watson to make some plays against us, but I would also expect our D to come up with some big plays of its own out there. The key should be how well we stop the run because the Texans have been pretty good on the ground this year and we're missing Pierce. If Peko and/or Ellis can step in and help us stop the run then I think we should win this game.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This would be a HUGE win going forward. Give us a 2 game lead on the Texans and the Chiefs seem to be spiraling because of that defense. That said, this game worries me much more than the Patriots game. Watson is an escape artist and might be trouble for our defense. Very happy to have Jimmy healthy again. Also, the Texans always seem to give us trouble when they're healthy. [profanity deleted] it... It's a new era. Ravens by 10!

im really worried about deshaun watson - he's just a playmaker downfield and has a habit of making big plays at big times in big situations - if this game turns into a shootout im just not sure whether we'll have enough to stop the texans if the game gets into that kind of mode

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
im really worried about deshaun watson - he's just a playmaker downfield and has a habit of making big plays at big times in big situations - if this game turns into a shootout im just not sure whether we'll have enough to stop the texans if the game gets into that kind of mode
I think we are going to win this game, we just have to be able to play our game and keep Watson off the field as much as possible. It's definitely going to be a close game. Think we win by one score, anywhere between 3 and 7 points.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Jamison Hensley tweeted this out

During media viewing, Ravens ran a drill in which defensive lineman had to chase down a scrambling Robert Griffin III.

Baltimore is obviously preparing for Deshaun Watson. It's first time I've seen Ravens practicing a drill like that one.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Stopping their no huddle offense seems of high importance:

Warren Sharp

@SharpFootball

Pats ramped up their no huddle offense vs BAL & saw tremendous benefits. • Huddle: 46% success (45% pass success, 50% run) • Turbo: 62% success (58% pass, 73% run)

Texans are NFL's #1 no huddle offense: 85% success (82% pass, 59% run). Would be +EV if they went fast Sunday.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SharpFoot...00282733096960

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Jamison Hensley tweeted this out

During media viewing, Ravens ran a drill in which defensive lineman had to chase down a scrambling Robert Griffin III.

Baltimore is obviously preparing for Deshaun Watson. It's first time I've seen Ravens practicing a drill like that one.
Did they catch Bob?

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Who ever harvraves is guarding sunday please target him.. unless its a cover 2 look. He plays decent when play in front of him

PTORaven

Practice Squad
just looked up the Texans scoring splits per quarter on the season (average per game in parentheses)
Q1: 23pts (2.6)
Q2: 74 (8.2)
Q3: 65 (7.2)
Q4: 76 (8.4)

their other stats like adjusted net yards per attempt are lower in the first quarter as well. the prevailing opinion is that this will be a close game, and maybe they do get off to a good start against us with help from a bye week of preparation, but i think there's at least a half decent chance they get down two scores early and just can't get back in. they were able to come back down 17 in the first quarter against the KC Chiefs, but to do that their D held KC to one score over the next three quarters when they still had J.J. Watt.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
just looked up the Texans scoring splits per quarter on the season (average per game in parentheses)
Q1: 23pts (2.6)
Q2: 74 (8.2)
Q3: 65 (7.2)
Q4: 76 (8.4)

their other stats like adjusted net yards per attempt are lower in the first quarter as well. the prevailing opinion is that this will be a close game, and maybe they do get off to a good start against us with help from a bye week of preparation, but i think there's at least a half decent chance they get down two scores early and just can't get back in. they were able to come back down 17 in the first quarter against the KC Chiefs, but to do that their D held KC to one score over the next three quarters when they still had J.J. Watt.

@Deebo813 take ravens in first quarter again?