• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Hollywood

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah I considered that after I posted it lol. These dudes all live probably within an hour of eachother

Not only that but they’ve probably been basically self-isolating as a group when they’ve been working out together which makes the lack of social distancing etc make sense too

It looks like they’re all flaunting rules and not worrying about the seriousness of it all but they’ve all got agents and support staff and managers and even coaches who wouldn’t allow them to be uninformed

What’s wild is the incredible quality of players able to workout together because of how close they all are geographically in the offseason

MVP and his favourite target, the former best WR in the league, the top WR in the draft and then some rando from ohio state (binjimen victor is the guy with the do-rag I think)

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Not only that but they’ve probably been basically self-isolating as a group when they’ve been working out together which makes the lack of social distancing etc make sense too

It looks like they’re all flaunting rules and not worrying about the seriousness of it all but they’ve all got agents and support staff and managers and even coaches who wouldn’t allow them to be uninformed

What’s wild is the incredible quality of players able to workout together because of how close they all are geographically in the offseason

MVP and his favourite target, the former best WR in the league, the top WR in the draft and then some rando from ohio state (binjimen victor is the guy with the do-rag I think)
I was wondering who that guy was, he looked to be quite clearly multiple tiers below the rest lol.

you know what’s crazy though is we talk about jeudy having the most absurd quicks and explosive cuts and footwork, AB has been out of football a year and he puts jeudy and Hollywood to absolute shame, watching AB close up like that is a real eye opener, like it’s obvious to see how he was so good, that footworks gotta be the best I’ve EVER seen, it’s fucking jaw dropping how good he is. Real shame that he’s a complete fuckhead

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I was wondering who that guy was, he looked to be quite clearly multiple tiers below the rest lol.

you know what’s crazy though is we talk about jeudy having the most absurd quicks and explosive cuts and footwork, AB has been out of football a year and he puts jeudy and Hollywood to absolute shame, watching AB close up like that is a real eye opener, like it’s obvious to see how he was so good, that footworks gotta be the best I’ve EVER seen, it’s fucking jaw dropping how good he is. Real shame that he’s a complete fuckhead

it's why i still insist that even with julio around and despite him being a steeler, AB was the best WR in the league for good 3-4 year period

but tbf to jeudy and hollywood they're different kinds of players and AB's had longer to hone his craft to make it look so clean and smooth - jeudy's cuts are so sharp but they look a bit wild at the moment by comparison (which given he's probably one of the best 2 or 3 route runners in this year's potentially historic rookie class tells you everything you need to know about how good AB and others are)

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
it's why i still insist that even with julio around and despite him being a steeler, AB was the best WR in the league for good 3-4 year period

but tbf to jeudy and hollywood they're different kinds of players and AB's had longer to hone his craft to make it look so clean and smooth - jeudy's cuts are so sharp but they look a bit wild at the moment by comparison (which given he's probably one of the best 2 or 3 route runners in this year's potentially historic rookie class tells you everything you need to know about how good AB and others are)
I said the same shit about AB being the leagues best for a stretch and I was given a mountain of shit over it lol

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I said the same shit about AB being the leagues best for a stretch and I was given a mountain of shit over it lol
As Raven fans we seen this shit close up.. Ab was in a lg of his own man. He isnt even all that fast, very quick but it still amazes me how he is able to split safties

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Agreed, I’ve just never seen someone as blindingly quick as him and at the same time he knows how to use it.
You ever seen the micd up scenes where the cbs would say something to him after he caught the ball lol...even they couldnt believe the shit he was able to do

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

the fair thing to do is compare Jeudy to AB when they were both entering the draft. Jeudy is so far ahead of him at that point. Not saying Jeudy will ever be on his level, but as you said, they are different types of receivers.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I may get a lot of pushback for this, but I sincerely believe Hollywood will be considered a top 3 receiver in the league after 2020 and the unquestioned best receiver from 2021 onwards. Why do I say this? Simply because the young man has a good head on his shoulders and clearly has the work ethic and desire to be the best. Now when you couple that with his God given speed and athleticism, you have a little legend in the making no?

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm gonna try and muster up a draft dream lol. Dont be mad if I dream up something like drafting Murray
I'm gonna try and muster up a draft dream lol. Dont be mad if I dream up something like drafting Murray
The most realistic dream you can have is one where you have EDC trading up for Tristan Wirfs, even with Jueudy on the board. He is the one offensive lineman with the strength and speed to make up for Yanda's loss with a really good training camp and coaching. He won't get us there for a couple or 3 yrs but eventually will get us there. Just my opinion.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
The most realistic dream you can have is one where you have EDC trading up for Tristan Wirfs, even with Jueudy on the board. He is the one offensive lineman with the strength and speed to make up for Yanda's loss with a really good training camp and coaching. He won't get us there for a couple or 3 yrs but eventually will get us there. Just my opinion.
Trading up for him would cost an arm and a leg. That guy is going top 10.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
28 up to 15 is always too expensive for my liking - you have to give up lot of your future for one guy. We took Yanda himself in 3rd round, remember?
I do but we also took Ray Lewis at 26 no? And Lamar Jackson at 32. So I'm not advocating we do it, but just saying it is an intriguing possibility give just how much they think Yanda's loss will affect the team as a whole.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
great video @Edgar

i just wanted to say I think some of that release from the line at the steelers game (around 7:25 in your video) is good coaching from oklahoma - i saw similar footwork and releases on CeeDee Lamb's tape - and despite not going super fast they find a way to get themselves on the toes of the CB which forces the CB into a bind because they have to make a decision earlier (either to bale or open their hips - it really puts pressure on a CB's eyes and their back-pedal at the same time)

it's something i think im going to pay attention to when i watch oklahoma WRs coming out to see if it's something they're being coached really well to do or whether its just a commonality because both Lamb and Hollywood are great young WR prospects