• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Wink Martindale and Greg Roman

D1City55

Pro Bowler
Haven't seen a thread for either of these two. Props to them for the job that they have done! It's worth wondering if they will become serious HC candidates so that should keep the thread alive. I hope they don't go anywhere, especially Wink because he's done a masterful job these past three games. I really hope we're able to keep these two for a long time.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
one thing working in our favor with wink is that he clearly loves this organization and he's not exactly a spring chicken (he's almost 60). I remember his name coming up last year for head coaching jobs and he said he loved coaching D here with this team.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
It depends on what job openings there are. Would Roman want Darnold or Haskins as his QB or work for the ownership of either team. Do they like this area? A bump in pay would be nice too since there is no salary cap on coaches.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We need to pay them whatever it takes to get them to stay.
sometimes that isn't enough though. There are only 32 HCing jobs and about 6 to 7 vacancies per year. Many great candidates never get the opportunity for one reason or another.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I could see Roman targeted by the Texans to help Watson and I could see him enjoy that role.

D1City55

Pro Bowler
It depends on what job openings there are. Would Roman want Darnold or Haskins as his QB or work for the ownership of either team. Do they like this area? A bump in pay would be nice too since there is no salary cap on coaches.
A dream job can pop up at any moment. Can you imagine if either of those two were offered the Cowboys job? Even the Texans job as well. Gonna be tough to turn down either one of those two.

I mean we have to be realistic, they're going to get serious head coaching consideration, especially Wink.

My hopes as far as Roman goes will be that he sees Lamar as an amazing person to work with and would prefer to be an OC with him than be an HC for a much more ordinary human (as long as Steve sweetens the pie). Especially to see if the ride with him can get him a ring. There could be worse things than having a legacy as creating an offense around an amazing weapon could yield a championship.

A dream job can pop up at any moment. Can you imagine if either of those two were offered the Cowboys job? Even the Texans job as well. Gonna be tough to turn down either one of those two.

I mean we have to be realistic, they're going to get serious head coaching consideration, especially Wink.
I'm hoping that Jerry would want someone more glamorous.

Anyway - you also have to ask yourself - would you want to work for Jerruh? I mean, yeah its the COWBOYS (whoo) but then with that comes unreasonably high expectations AND an owner that wants to meddle.

As for the Texans, that may be appealing to Roman - but while Watson is dynamic - no one is more dynamic than who he's working with now. Hopefully Texan still can win their division, maybe a playoff game and come back to Baltimore to get shellacked again and that will be enough to appease ownership to keep OBrian.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
My hopes as far as Roman goes will be that he sees Lamar as an amazing person to work with and would prefer to be an OC with him than be an HC for a much more ordinary human (as long as Steve sweetens the pie). Especially to see if the ride with him can get him a ring. There could be worse things than having a legacy as creating an offense around an amazing weapon could yield a championship.

Thats the sell here - the opportunity to make history and be the arch architect of an offensive revolution

He’ll get a HC job somewhere at some point but for our sake I hope we get 1 more year at least with this offensive staff and group

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm hoping that Jerry would want someone more glamorous.

Anyway - you also have to ask yourself - would you want to work for Jerruh? I mean, yeah its the COWBOYS (whoo) but then with that comes unreasonably high expectations AND an owner that wants to meddle.

As for the Texans, that may be appealing to Roman - but while Watson is dynamic - no one is more dynamic than who he's working with now.

I feel like jerruh is trying to groom kellen Moore as garrets successor in the same way they groomed Garrett for the job