• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Film Breakdowns

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
the thing about his style of play as well is that it's so implicitly about trust - clearly anthony brown trusts him because they've probably practiced a lot together but id be surprised if lamar had basically any non 1v1 reps with Shemar - and if lamar has no chemistry or trust in shemar then he's not getting thrown those types of balls which means his value on the roster at that point is fairly meaningless if he makes it

i think he's got a ton of promise but i think coach has missed the forest for the trees here - id love us to keep him around on the PS and see if we cant develop him but all the context clues tell us that he's not in the top 6, let alone top 5 on the depth chart on the roster right now and i think it's notable that the PR guys put Polk ahead of him on their depth chart (as meaningless as that depth chart is in reality)
I dont disagree. What's really sad is Devon Williams was truly as bad as you could be and didn't make it at all.

Polk was the biggest name and most accomplished UDFA on our team by FAR. He's been solid, the question for him is can he show anything down the field? If he can, then maybe he could steal that WR5 spot. If he can't then you're probably keeping your favorite between Moore and Victor. Through practice Moore has the edge, in terms of PS1, Victor has the edge.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I dont disagree. What's really sad is Devon Williams was truly as bad as you could be and didn't make it at all.

Polk was the biggest name and most accomplished UDFA on our team by FAR. He's been solid, the question for him is can he show anything down the field? If he can, then maybe he could steal that WR5 spot. If he can't then you're probably keeping your favorite between Moore and Victor. Through practice Moore has the edge, in terms of PS1, Victor has the edge.

polk had a pretty nice 20+ yd reception in the cover 2 hole on a go-route with a nice release and then great ball tracking
idk that that's indicative of a consistent ability to get open downfield but he separated downfield in a way that bridges didnt

i think bridges probably has the higher ceiling though with his body and his apparent mobility

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
haha coach is off on this one lol

he had a good game but outside of the sluggo (which was admittedly a really nice route) there was nothing particularly remarkable about his route-running

he showed some decent work at the catch-point high-pointing, good ball-tracking, creating late-separation and protecting the ball at the catch-point

certainly some positive things but WR2... after beating up on 2nd/3rd team guys he had a 7 inch height advantage over? to me he looks like a prime practice squad guy right now who has a chance to make a case in game 2 and 3 but idk that this was it yet
totally agree it was a total overreaction. That being said, he did some nice things and if he can make the roster as a WR5 and continue to learn that would be a plus. Does he play special teams?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think Anthony Weaver is a very underrated part of our team in terms of coaching goes. Even the PS guys have made an impact (albeit in preseason, but still)

notable that anthony weaver got a pay/title bump this offseason after he missed out on the DC job - they rate him highly and would like to keep him and want to incentivise him staying if they can

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
notable that anthony weaver got a pay/title bump this offseason after he missed out on the DC job - they rate him highly and would like to keep him and want to incentivise him staying if they can

McDonald HC and Weaver DC in a few years once powers that be wisen up