• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Film Breakdowns

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
McDonald HC and Weaver DC in a few years once powers that be wisen up
if you want Harbaugh gone, then you may as well be on the Chargers board.... You really need to be careful what you wish for and appreciate what you have now.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
if you want Harbaugh gone, then you may as well be on the Chargers board.... You really need to be careful what you wish for and appreciate what you have now.

I can’t wish for better than 8/9/10 wins a season and one and done in the playoffs? Or for a young team that looks destined for a Super Bowl run?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I can’t wish for better than 8/9/10 wins a season and one and done in the playoffs? Or for a young team that looks destined for a Super Bowl run?
you most likely won't get the consistency from another coach. Look at all the coaches that come and go without a winning season. Sure we went 3 straight years rebuilding in the final joe flacco years but last year we still won 8 games in two of them and even last year when we lost 75% of the roster due to injury we won 8 games and won 8 games by the time Lamar was injured and were leading the conference. Not many coaches can do that.

BTW, we won 14 games in 2019 and won the division in both 2019 and 2020. Only one reason we didn't win the division in 2021.

Last edited:

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
you most likely won't get the consistency from another coach. Look at all the coaches that come and go without a winning season. Sure we went 3 straight years rebuilding in the final joe flacco years but last year we still won 8 games in two of them and even last year when we lost 75% of the roster due to injury we won 8 games and won 8 games by the time Lamar was injured and were leading the conference. Not many coaches can do that.

Being a former Redskins fan you understand when you have a good coach. lol

Consistency means nothing if it means consistently not attaining the ultimate goal

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Consistency means nothing if it means consistently not attaining the ultimate goal
winning the Super Bowl isn't that easy. All you need is a team that makes the playoffs consistently and then get on a run from there. How many coaches can say they make the playoffs as regularly as the Ravens have done under Harbaugh. You won't find many because not many exist.

You already want to replace Harbaugh with Macdonald and he's only been a DC for 1 game. Thats total disrespect and stupidity. I'm not saying he can't do it, but come on, let him be a DC for atleast one year before you make him Head Coach.

btw, I prefer Harbaugh over 95% of the head coaches in this league and yes that includes your favorite team....The Chargers.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
winning the Super Bowl isn't that easy. All you need is a team that makes the playoffs consistently and then get on a run from there. How many coaches can say they make the playoffs as regularly as the Ravens have done under Harbaugh. You won't find many because not many exist.

You already want to replace Harbaugh with Macdonald and he's only been a DC for 1 game. Thats total disrespect and stupidity. I'm not saying he can't do it, but come on, let him be a DC for atleast one year before you make him Head Coach.

btw, I prefer Harbaugh over 95% of the head coaches in this league and yes that includes your favorite team....The Chargers.

Yeah I’m disrespectful to a prick mediocre coach like Harbaugh

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm not to fond of Harbaugh and his stubborn ways but replace him with Mcdonald nah fam. I do think if we font make the playoffs or are 1 and done again he needs some heat to be put on him.

He has a lifetime contract with the Ravens. The franchise goes as he goes

Old Bay

Veteran
I'm not to fond of Harbaugh and his stubborn ways but replace him with Mcdonald nah fam. I do think if we font make the playoffs or are 1 and done again he needs some heat to be put on him.
I think it depends on why we go one and done. If it's injuries, then no. No heat. If it's poor decision making, then sure. I feel like you're giving Harbs the Philly Andy Reid treatment despite having proven himself and winning a SB.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Did a lot of Ray Lewis stuff there
much different than Ray. It's not even close to the same.

Ray Lewis was a downhill LB and the best the game has seen. Roquan Smith slips blocks with his athleticism and awareness. That's very different.

No question he's the best linebacker we have had since Ray Lewis and that counts CJ who was good also.

Roquan Smith does provide a physical presence that can cover but he's not a downhill ILB

Last edited:

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
much different than Ray. It's not even close to the same.

Ray Lewis was a downhill LB and the best the game has seen. Roquan Smith slips blocks with his athleticism and awareness. That's very different.

No question he's the best linebacker we have had since Ray Lewis and that counts CJ who was good also.

Roquan Smith does provide a physical presence that can cover but he's not a downhill ILB
Honestly Ray wasn't as downhill as people say. He absolutely could do it, but in his prime early years he chased down plays sideline to sideline and held up well in coverage over the middle. People forgot just how fast and rangy young Ray was.