• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Film Breakdowns

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Thanks Rossi. looking forward to hopefully watching him tonight.

haha i dont want to colour your judgement too much before you watch him (might be too late now lol) but given what you seem to like in other OL prospects, I think you'll like him a lot

also don't know if you noticed but creed snaps with his left-hand which is unusual - not sure it makes any difference lol just something you don't normally see

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
haha i dont want to colour your judgement too much before you watch him (might be too late now lol) but given what you seem to like in other OL prospects, I think you'll like him a lot

also don't know if you noticed but creed snaps with his left-hand which is unusual - not sure it makes any difference lol just something you don't normally see

I don’t care if he snaps his ball by crapping it out of his behind as long as it’s not looking like peewee league snaps like a lot of our snaps last year looked like

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I don’t care if he snaps his ball by crapping it out of his behind as long as it’s not looking like peewee league snaps like a lot of our snaps last year looked like

haha - maybe i should be clear - it's not a criticism - just an observation that i thought was notable given the fact i cant ever remember seeing a center snapping with his left hand

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hey Rossi, I have some news for you. I've heard from reliable sources that if we trade down and Gregory Rousseau is available, he's our pick. I'll even name my source - Calais Campbell!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Loved this! Watkins is a damn good route runner

he's not the same type of receiver that he was when he came into the league but he's clearly worked hard on his route-running and adapting his route running style to his strengths - which is encouraging when we look at him but also when we look at the coach who helped him become such a nuanced route runner (Keith Williams)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Hey Rossi, I have some news for you. I've heard from reliable sources that if we trade down and Gregory Rousseau is available, he's our pick. I'll even name my source - Calais Campbell!
well that's better than JLC as he never names his sources, even though they are likely just bad guesses.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
he's not the same type of receiver that he was when he came into the league but he's clearly worked hard on his route-running and adapting his route running style to his strengths - which is encouraging when we look at him but also when we look at the coach who helped him become such a nuanced route runner (Keith Williams)
I think sammy was an avg wr then and is avg now.. he really did nothing spectacular for bills imo.. if anything he is more refined now even the injuries..

Nurps

MVP
Can Edgar give us his opinion on our draft overall? I’m pretty happy with what I see but I’d like a much more steady and informed opinion.

@Edgar

Last edited by a moderator:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Edgar's Breakdown of Ben Cleveland...

finally got around to watching this

@Edgar - that block he makes at 2:36 is probably my favourite of the ones you showed - i know we dont run much zone at all but the ability to make that reach block, flip his hips, anchor down and then roll his hips to create some movement too - just an impressive combination of athleticism, length, power and technique

Last edited:

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
finally got around to watching this

@Edgar - that block he makes at 2:36 is probably my favourite of the ones you showed - i know we dont run much zone at all but the ability to make that reach block, flip his hips, anchor down and then roll his hips to create some movement too - just an impressive combination of athleticism, length, power and technique
Rossi, I can't stop watching the guy. Doesn't matter what game you choose.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Rossi, I can't stop watching the guy. Doesn't matter what game you choose.

i know you found that clip of him crushing the DB when kicking out on a pull

but that would be my concern on the tape so far - when pulling he seems to be less powerful than in his other blocks - gets to his aiming points well in a good position but seems much less able to create power when pulling - not generating the amount of movement you'd expect when pulling from what i've seen

but i love how he uses his length to recover if initially beaten, i love the power he has to move people

and i especially love how powerful his punch is - literally snapping heads back with the force of his punch - it's like he's got cinderblocks for hands

another slight concern is that he seems to be really challenged laterally on stunts - i think he processes fairly well but a bit too frequently i saw him in a poor position as the stunt turns the corner in his gap