• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Film Breakdowns

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor

@JoeyFlex5
@cdp
@ravenslord

thought you guys might find this interesting - Greg Roman's been absolutely killing it down the stretch

This why I said he has to adjust and that's exactly what he's done. You can't force stuff.
I saw a couple of beautiful play designs e.g. 16:14.
Ricard is unbelievable. Two 2 very tough catches to make in this drive alone and he made them. Very impressive for a FB and even more impressive for a former DT.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Sheesh Kurt Warner.

Just stab my heart.

that's pretty damning in terms of what's going wrong - but idk if that's Roman, Culley or just really poor execution/positional coaching on details etc. (which i guess would be also Culley a bit given he's also the WR coach)

it's not a good look though that some of these guys are getting open and having the windows closed by other receivers on the team because of either a bad choice or a bad combo

i do wonder if this is partly related to the stilted offseason - we've got such a varied running game and that clearly takes time to install - maybe there wasnt enough time to properly install something more conceptually complex... idk

it's a bad look though

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sheesh Kurt Warner.

Just stab my heart.

Not every play will work, but damn!
3:36 same problem as in the video @rossihunter2 posted earlier (there at 13:45). Two instances where the WRs ran a wrong route.
Roman is a savant when it comes to his running scheme. Like the inside zone mixed with iso. But idk when it comes to our passing offense. Is it Roman or Culley or both? Can't they coordinate and match the passing with the running game?
Culley was successful in his previous stints as a wr coach...
James Urban (qb coach) was the bengals wr coach. There are too many smart and proven coaches in our facility and yet we have to see them making these mistakes.

Last edited:

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Great in-depth video on Lamar, Greg Roman and our passing game.

Some of Greg Roman’s passing schemes are JV level for sure, but Lamar deserve some blame as well.

I know he has his own coach (coach harris) he works with in the off-season, but man, I hope he hires someone who has actual experience playing the position this off-season.

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This guy stood out to me as a guy that fits the ravens. I like him.

nice breakdown - i see a lot of the same things - his head drops but i also see him leaning a fair-amount on tape which opened him up to counters - just general play balance was a bit off - spent too much time on the ground

he does ok getting to L2 but his lateral mobility is pretty lacking which makes generally his time in space not particularly productive - think his feet are fairly heavy

also think he has some pad-level issues at times

but i like his power and anchor and his heavy punches - seems to be a pretty good communicator and has some awareness dealing with stunts/twists/blitzes etc.

i see him as a day 2 sort of guy like you but very much 3rd round at the earliest for me - of the 5 centers i've done he's 4th - i really like Humphrey, Dickerson and Myers a lot more than Hill