• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs 49ers

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
This line runs through 3 players and is maintained by average LG and C play

as long as Yanda, Stanley and Brown are healthy we have nothing to worry about. Bozeman has been awful in pass protection, one of the worst and i just checked PFF to see this and his passblocking grade for the year is 48 which is at the very bottom, but solid as a run blocker ( particularly pulling). Skura has been average at both.

As long as Mekari can be average and the three main dudes continue on this trajectory we'll be fine.
Thanks for posting the grades on these players, as it gives me a better understanding of the on-line. I hope Mekari can step in at Center and be a pleasant surprise. Maybe when he gets more experience as a starter, by the playoffs, he will be just fine. Maybe even better than Skura.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Thanks for posting the grades on these players, as it gives me a better understanding of the on-line. I hope Mekari can step in at Center and be a pleasant surprise. Maybe when he gets more experience as a starter, by the playoffs, he will be just fine. Maybe even better than Skura.

Skuras overall grade is 62 which is average ( and this is a career year for him) his previous grades have been 58 and 53.

Mekari has played 120 snaps this year with a grade of 70. Now, like I said, he's going to be asked to read blitzes n stuff which is something only experience can achieve BUT as a passblocker he's probably already better and if he can simply be average in the run game there will be no decline.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Skuras overall grade is 62 which is average ( and this is a career year for him) his previous grades have been 58 and 53.

Mekari has played 120 snaps this year with a grade of 70. Now, like I said, he's going to be asked to read blitzes n stuff which is something only experience can achieve BUT as a passblocker he's probably already better and if he can simply be average in the run game there will be no decline.
it just shows the huge drop off we have had in centers over the years. That being said he was well below the league average last year, now his grades are in the top 10. Yes, with 120 snaps Mekari has graded out better but he only played center on Monday and that was the first time he played center since high school. We obviously prepared him for this, which is great coaching.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

Sounds good brother!

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
dammit we've got a fox crew...
Kevin Burkhardt, Charles Davis and Pam Oliver

it is absolutely outrageous that maybe the biggest game of the year is stuck at 1pm on a sunday with a fox crew - it's bizarre this game didnt get flexed to 4:25 given there's a west coast team travelling east for this game too
Well at least it's not Joe Buck...
we haven't had him this year.
Romo was calling our playoff game back in January ;)

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
it just shows the huge drop off we have had in centers over the years. That being said he was well below the league average last year, now his grades are in the top 10. Yes, with 120 snaps Mekari has graded out better but he only played center on Monday and that was the first time he played center since high school. We obviously prepared him for this, which is great coaching.

Small sample size, but the fact that he stepped in and played most of the game against Aaron Donald while only giving up 2 QB hurries is a great sign. We also rushed for a season high of 285 yds so I think we'll be fine with Mekari.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Small sample size, but the fact that he stepped in and played most of the game against Aaron Donald while only giving up 2 QB hurries is a great sign. We also rushed for a season high of 285 yds so I think we'll be fine with Mekari.
I think we will be fine with Mekari as well.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
George Kittle is a problem.

I don't really know if we have a guy that is equipped to deal with him.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
George Kittle is a problem.

I don't really know if we have a guy that is equipped to deal with him.
yes, he is going to get yardage, without question. Just have to try and contain him the way we try and contain Kelce and limit the yardage as much as we can.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Here’s how we handle kittle...

We acknowledge the average af wr corps of the niners, let one of our starting corners shadow kittle in coverage, jimmy or Humphrey. I lean towards jimmy because I think his ball skills are better and in those jump situations jimmy could more than hold his own and get up on the ball, I think Humphrey might lean too much on his timing and getting his hand in without playing the ball

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor

We acknowledge the average af wr corps of the niners, let one of our starting corners shadow kittle in coverage, jimmy or Humphrey. I lean towards jimmy because I think his ball skills are better and in those jump situations jimmy could more than hold his own and get up on the ball, I think Humphrey might lean too much on his timing and getting his hand in without playing the ball

Humphrey is too grabby. He could do worse than look at tre white at buffalo and know when to use subtle movements with the hand at the last moment so he's never called for PI.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

Bynes, Clark and Earl better be close to hit him every time, too. Let him feel the yards and catches.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Humphrey is too grabby. He could do worse than look at tre white at buffalo and know when to use subtle movements with the hand at the last moment so he's never called for PI.
It's not like White hasn't been called for pass interference.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's not like White hasn't been called for pass interference.

thing is with marlon..for instance vs hopkins and that bad no call...
why did he put his hands over him so early? panic?

he was right there and only needed to time it a fraction of a second more and there would be no controversy.

timing is important

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

he was right there and only needed to time it a fraction of a second more and there would be no controversy.

timing is important
it wasn't a good move, but he has been playing extremely well otherwise...for the most part. He also has 4 turnovers this season and has scored on atleast 2 if not 3 of his turnovers.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

timing is important
Stop obsessing over bad plays when they happen only seldom. It was bloody DeAndre Hopkins.