• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 WR Draft Thread

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
It was van jefferson and offer still stands lol
You really are letting scouting get you overhyped on players. Jefferson doesn't have half of Adams' strength, athleticism, hands and body control. Adams is shadowed week in week out by guys like Humphrey, Slay, Peterson and so on. Do you really believe you could have Jefferson line up on the outside one on one with those guys and expect even hale of what Adams is producing?

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Ruggs or reagor would fit our team nicely however we already got a player in them with hollywood? I think we run the ball too much for us to have 2 small guys on the field trying to block. We may fuck around and go after higgins or justin jefferson..i hope we get something good during free agency

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
You really are letting scouting get you overhyped on players. Jefferson doesn't have half of Adams' strength, athleticism, hands and body control. Adams is shadowed week in week out by guys like Humphrey, Slay, Peterson and so on. Do you really believe you could have Jefferson line up on the outside one on one with those guys and expect even hale of what Adams is producing?
Jesus Christ dude it’s an off cuff remark that I just throw out there when I see a similarity between players, and definitely is never meant to be taken as an exact comparison of players from top to bottom. why are you so uptight about it?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ruggs or reagor would fit our team nicely however we already got a player in them with hollywood? I think we run the ball too much for us to have 2 small guys on the field trying to block. We may fuck around and go after higgins or justin jefferson..i hope we get something good during free agency

there's always a place for guys with that kind of speed - reagor doesnt play small either and ruggs isnt that short

what's interesting about them is that they have both been clocked this season as having at some point in college games run faster than anyone in the entire NFL last season

i really like justin jefferson and higgins would be cool too - would be happy with any of those 4 guys

if KC have shown anything it's that you can never have too much speed on your team - if we brought in a reagor or ruggs or aiyuk or hamler it puts safeties in a bind because they have to account for hollywood but on the other side you'd have a wr that even without route running could just run by whichever corner's there on a snap by snap basis

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Raegor and Hollywood would force the defense to play deep and make running the ball often that much easier.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Raegor and Hollywood would force the defense to play deep and make running the ball often that much easier.

it definitely would pull both safeties out of the box - or if it doesnt then 1 of them (or both) is singled against a corner and most of the time that's going to be a recipe for disaster - there arent many teams around the league who have the corners that we do in Baltimore to be able to match up man-to-man on a regular basis with no help over the top

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
there's always a place for guys with that kind of speed - reagor doesnt play small either and ruggs isnt that short

what's interesting about them is that they have both been clocked this season as having at some point in college games run faster than anyone in the entire NFL last season

i really like justin jefferson and higgins would be cool too - would be happy with any of those 4 guys

if KC have shown anything it's that you can never have too much speed on your team - if we brought in a reagor or ruggs or aiyuk or hamler it puts safeties in a bind because they have to account for hollywood but on the other side you'd have a wr that even without route running could just run by whichever corner's there on a snap by snap basis
Oh yea i agree but i shouldve been more clear. I was referring to them blocking cbs and safties. They arent good blockers and for us to be a running a team, having hollywood and ruggs/reagor on the field in those two wr sets could possibly hurt us?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Oh yea i agree but i shouldve been more clear. I was referring to them blocking cbs and safties. They arent good blockers and for us to be a running a team, having hollywood and ruggs/reagor on the field in those two wr sets could possibly hurt us?

I love reagor. Probably my fav wr coming out but i was referring to their blocking ability.

i see them both block on tape - reagor's not going to be boykin-like or mims-like blockers but a willingness is enough on the perimeter if they're going to be game-changers in the passing game especially because their speed likely means that they're going to see some off-coverage or defenders are going to be so scared of getting beaten off the line that they wont be peaking in the backfield to check for run

but henry ruggs will absolutely go after defenders as a blocker and is pretty good at it

we also arent necessarily going to be running with those 2 on the field - WRs rarely play close to 100% of the snaps on offence

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Its really no different than somebody wearing a cross and not understanding the cross.
I don't think the first association that comes to mind with David's star is a religion and he clearly finds a word play funny but it's hardly stuff you want to put out in public.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The whole thing did look foolish but I'm still drafting him. I don't feel he meant any disrespect at all.

im not saying it takes him off the board or anything - or even remotely has any impact on his draft grade - i just saw it and couldnt get over how stupid it was not just to have done that but to then say it out loud... its just dumb and naive

he's still the number 1 receiver in the draft - albeit i think ruggs might be a better fit for the ravens at the top of the board... not sure which one yet is WR1 for me as a ravens fan

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

It’s never a bad thing to have more than 1 speedster at WR. What if Hollywood miss time due to injury.. then we’ll be grateful that a ruggs or Reagor can step in