• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 WR Draft Thread

Honestly really don’t like shenault at all - don’t see what the hype’s about - he’s not helped by the qb play but I don’t see much separation or tools that would allow him to separate well in the nfl - I’m seeing some draftniks with 1st round grades and I’ve got a 3rd round grade on him

I think he's a better Juju, but then again he also has an extensive medical history. I just think Jeudy and Lamb go first and we dont really have a shot at them, maybe Gabriel Davis but I don't know if his production translates.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I think he's a better Juju, but then again he also has an extensive medical history. I just think Jeudy and Lamb go first and we dont really have a shot at them, maybe Gabriel Davis but I don't know if his production translates.
There are receivers after lamb and jeudy that aren’t shenault ya know...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Whats the opinion here on Shenault Jr? not the best route runner but he can work the middle and dominate the catch point, obviously has the juice to go vertical as well but i think he could be a good complement to what Hollywood offers.
Not a fan. Average speed, not very quick, not a good route runner at all, doesn’t separate, makes the occasional tough catch but he’s no Denzel mims there. He is a YAC weapon and nothing more, he runs well with the ball in his hands, getting it to him will not be easy in the nfl.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

there's lots of receivers that i would rate a lot higher than shenault and below lamb and jeudy

at the moment i've got:

Jeudy
Lamb
Ruggs III
Higgins
Hamler
Mims
Jefferson
Tyler Johnson
Aiyuk
Reagor
Gabriel Davis
Donovan Peoples-Jones

all ahead of Shenault Jr

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Gabriel Davis reminds me a little bit of DK Metcalf. He’s not a route runner, but he can break on slants and he REALLY gets a head of steam quickly off of that break and is hard to tackle.

Gabriel Davis reminds me a little bit of DK Metcalf. He’s not a route runner, but he can break on slants and he REALLY gets a head of steam quickly off of that break and is hard to tackle.

Slower than DK (what big WR isnt) and with better hands, he reminds me of Josh Gordon in college. I think hes going to fly up draft boards

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Slower than DK (what big WR isnt) and with better hands, he reminds me of Josh Gordon in college. I think hes going to fly up draft boards
Yeah he’s not identical, but skill set is comparable, they look very similar on slants and back shoulder throws, he has that big man identity where he knows that he’s a bully and plays like it 100%, barrels downhill full speed and dares someone to tackle him, Michael Gallup is another who played like that

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Where would you rate Boykin, Wesley and even Modster if they were coming out this year?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Where would you rate Boykin, Wesley and even Modster if they were coming out this year?
I rated both Boykin and Wesley 5th rounders last year, didn’t rate modster at all.

and I think those guys would be rated as 6th round flyers for me in this year draft

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really like Higgins for us. He just has such an elite catch radius, would really help Lamar improve on throwing outside the numbers. Would be a great compliment to Hollywood and Andrews.

My only gripe with him is I feel he drops too many passes. Anyone know what his drop rate was in college?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I rated both Boykin and Wesley 5th rounders last year, didn’t rate modster at all.

and I think those guys would be rated as 6th round flyers for me in this year draft
I had Boykin as a 4th rounder and think with the depth of the WR class this year he very well could drop a round...maybe more.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i was a lot higher on wesley than the entire NFL last year lol so i'd probably have him in the same place i did last year which was around the 6th round but i was a big fan of his - was one of my pound the table on day 3 guys (in that thread - i had 4 different eventual ravens in it... hollywood, jaylon ferguson, justice hill and antoine wesley) - boykin i completely missed on last year - with the benefit of hindsight probably give him a high day 3 grade if he was coming out this year - 4th round - maybe late 3rd where we took him last year - im looking at the receivers this year and while its a deep class i dont think boykin would be out of place if he went in the late 3rd, or somewhere in the 4th this year

i dont think i was even aware that modster existed last year

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
i was a lot higher on wesley than the entire NFL last year lol so i'd probably have him in the same place i did last year which was around the 6th round but i was a big fan of his - was one of my pound the table on day 3 guys (in that thread - i had 4 different eventual ravens in it... hollywood, jaylon ferguson, justice hill and antoine wesley) - boykin i completely missed on last year - with the benefit of hindsight probably give him a high day 3 grade if he was coming out this year - 4th round - maybe late 3rd where we took him last year - im looking at the receivers this year and while its a deep class i dont think boykin would be out of place if he went in the late 3rd, or somewhere in the 4th this year

i dont think i was even aware that modster existed last year
I do wonder how Wesley will do this year. I think he and Scott will be competing for one spot on the team. I honestly would rather we replace Snead as well. He just didn’t look good this year despite his run blocking.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I do wonder how Wesley will do this year. I think he and Scott will be competing for one spot on the team. I honestly would rather we replace Snead as well. He just didn’t look good this year despite his run blocking.

if wesley can become more physical with some offseason work and maybe earn himself a spot on special teams then that'd be really good i think

he's someone im glad we re-signed so that he's back in the building this offseason - had some really really great things on his tape that made me excited about his potential

i have never liked scott as a prospect and he basically has spent 2 years now red-shirting

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
if wesley can become more physical with some offseason work and maybe earn himself a spot on special teams then that'd be really good i think

he's someone im glad we re-signed so that he's back in the building this offseason - had some really really great things on his tape that made me excited about his potential

i have never liked scott as a prospect and he basically has spent 2 years now red-shirting
Agreed on all points. I don’t think Scott sticks around. I’m thinking Wesley focuses on ST so he can make the team and get involved as a WR from there. His best chance is to replace Moore.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor

I haven't watched a lot of tape but Im pretty underwhelmed with the positions I have watched. ( ILB and Edge) And honestly, I haven't yet watched any receivers that make me believe this class is that much better than last year. (I'll assume that it is because thats what Im reading and because I haven't watched much).

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I haven't watched a lot of tape but Im pretty underwhelmed with the positions I have watched. ( ILB and Edge) And honestly, I haven't yet watched any receivers that make me believe this class is that much better than last year. (I'll assume that it is because thats what Im reading and because I haven't watched much).
Have you watched Yetur Gross-Matos? I really like what I’ve seen of him. I also like Weaver’s upside and explosiveness but I do worry about him at the next level.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Have you watched Yetur Gross-Matos? I really like what I’ve seen of him. I also like Weaver’s upside and explosiveness but I do worry about him at the next level.
I haven't watched Gross - matos, ...ill get on it. I did watch Weaver in a particular game a month or so ago and was really impressed (don't remember which) and then watched another a few days ago and couldn't believe it was the same guy. He just seemed lumbering and not to show up. Have to get more looks I'm sure.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Not liking this ILB and edge class either so we agree there, however this wr class is absolutely insane so I’m not sure what you’re missing lol. My current standings are
Jerry jeudy
Henry ruggs
Ceedee lamb
KJ Hamler
Justin Jefferson
Tee Higgins
Denzel mims
Gabriel davis
Brandon Aiyuk