• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 WR Draft Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
have you seen any of Brian Edwards or AGG from Liberty. They are currently at the Sr. Bowl

yeah edgar and i talked about him a little a couple of pages back in this thread - he's really good with the ball in his hands but he's not strong at the catch point and gets nullified by press a lot because he runs quite upright - has shown some route running skills that suggest he might develop - runs his stems really well to set-up the corner but not a great lateral mover - height/weight/speed triangle type prospect potentially (depending on how he tests)

not watched any of AGG outside of a couple of senior bowl routes

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I would be more than happy trading back a little and taking Jefferson. He is fast enough to make safeties respect him but he's also a really good route runner
Mims and Jefferson are my favorites out of all WRs I have watched so far (and we have a legit chance to draft either).

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Why have I been sleeping on Collin Johnson? He’s got mike Evans potential no exaggeration. First of all the size, he’s maybe 10lbs less than evans and by year 2-3 he’d likely be identical in size. He plays with every inch and pound at his disposal, really gets the arms out there in any direction to secure tough grabs. He physically bullies dbs and just plays like he’s more man than they are, he moves incredibly well for 6’5” 220 and really changes direction and does it with wiggle and burst. He high points extremely well, and his awareness of the boundaries is spectacular, he really knows how to snag one well over the chalk and come down in bounds.

dude needs to be talked about more in Baltimore, far better prospect than miles Boykin imo, and due to the strength in class he could probably be had a whole round later

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Just watched a little Denzel Mims. I think he has a really high ceiling and is the type of receiver we like due to his physicality.

He's got some potential IMO. He's got good size. He plays fast for his size. He plays X and seems to favor catching balls outside the numbers. He can make some acrobatic catches but also has some drops. He's not a separator in the mold of Van Jefferson for example. He's more of a high point the ball/contested catch dude who out physicals corners. Sort of a faster version of Kelvin Harmon.

Like Harmon what strikes me about him is his pass blocking. I like a big receiver who plays big, too. That is, plays with attitude. I love his mean streak when it comes to blocking. He's really physical on that front. But I tend to favor players that are more than just willing blockers but who also get off on it and play angry -- Mims is that type of dude or so he seems to me.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just watched a little Denzel Mims. I think he has a really high ceiling and is the type of receiver we like due to his physicality.

He's got some potential IMO. He's got good size. He plays fast for his size. He plays X and seems to favor catching balls outside the numbers. He can make some acrobatic catches but also has some drops. He's not a separator in the mold of Van Jefferson for example. He's more of a high point the ball/contested catch dude who out physicals corners. Sort of a faster version of Kelvin Harmon.

Like Harmon what strikes me about him is his pass blocking. I like a big receiver who plays big, too. That is, plays with attitude. I love his mean streak when it comes to blocking. He's really physical on that front. But I tend to favor players that are more than just willing blockers but who also get off on it and play angry -- Mims is that type of dude or so he seems to me.
Mims would be a nice pick for us and addition. He plays like a Raven and would fit in perfect here.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The thing that makes denzel mims so exciting is that he's showed all the different things you want to see from him either in college or in the senior bowl - like traits-wise he has everything you want and he's also shown ability to run crisp routes, to out-leverage corners, he wins in contested situations, he can out-physical and stack corners, he can beat press etc. etc. and on top of all that he's got the physical attributes you want - if he tests well he could go in the 1st round

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The thing that makes denzel mims so exciting is that he's showed all the different things you want to see from him either in college or in the senior bowl - like traits-wise he has everything you want and he's also shown ability to run crisp routes, to out-leverage corners, he wins in contested situations, he can out-physical and stack corners, he can beat press etc. etc. and on top of all that he's got the physical attributes you want - if he tests well he could go in the 1st round
and he's a big receiver that also plays big.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
So is it getting to the point that we want mims at 28? Because he’s looking good, seeing his ability to fight for and win leverage at the line has proven me wrong, I thought struggling with press and leverage would be an issue because he has a lot of upright releases off the line on film, but if he’s showing all this then it’s a non issue.

love when I have a concern about a prospect and they prove me wrong. Mims is shooting up my board

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So is it getting to the point that we want mims at 28? Because he’s looking good, seeing his ability to fight for and win leverage at the line has proven me wrong, I thought struggling with press and leverage would be an issue because he has a lot of upright releases off the line on film, but if he’s showing all this then it’s a non issue.

love when I have a concern about a prospect and they prove me wrong. Mims is shooting up my board
I certainly wouldn't complain

rossihunter2

Staff Member

im seeing all the major networks having him outside the top 100 pre senior bowl (which already kind of surprised me) but there's no way i see him outside the top 50 prospects right now

i think he's elevated himself into that tier 2 group of wrs (as i have it) after the obvious top 3 and i expect at least 1 and maybe up to 3 of those tier 2 guys to also get picked in the first round

my guess is that when we get to pick 28 there'll be a guy still on the board i rate higher than mims but im not sure id be mad if we picked him there when its all said and done

but at the moment my board is under construction and its positional rankings only at the moment while im still in the initial stages

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

I was pretty sure before Senior Bowl we'd have to trade up from 28 to get him. Unfortunately, I have no doubt now he'd be just a pipe dream.
Hope we at least get a shot at Marlon Davidson.