• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 WR Draft Thread

Ruggs is the fastest player Ive ever seen

The fastest speed in the NFL in the last 3 years is 22.3mph. Ruggs ran 24.3mph in his 81yd TD

Reactions: cdp

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ruggs is the fastest player Ive ever seen

The fastest speed in the NFL in the last 3 years is 22.3mph. Ruggs ran 24.3mph in his 81yd TD
That's why I think Ruggs might be drafted ahead of Lamb or others Wrs. All teams see the success the Chiefs are having with their uber-speedy WRs and also want their "Tyreek Hill" (minus character and legal issues)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
he registered in the 4.2s the last time he was measured and that was without doing 40 yd training etc. - dude is going to break the 40 record - like id be more surprised if he didnt break the record than if he went sub-4.2
I don't know, Darrell Green, Willie Gault and Prime were pretty darn fast in their day...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i mean john ross set the combine record at 4.22 and i cant see ruggs being slower than ross
Honestly I can’t see Hollywood being slower than Ross, I wish we could’ve seen healthy Hollywood’s 40, I genuinely had never seen a player pull away from defenders the way he did, I remember the play against Baylor where he caught the ball smack in the middle of the field at around the 20, facing a cover 2, 2 safeties closing in on him and I swear he split them so badly he must have gotten to the endzone from the 20 in .5 seconds, nearly any other player and they wouldn’t have had a chance, I believe tyreek hill or desean Jackson would’ve been stopped or at least contacted on the play

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Honestly I can’t see Hollywood being slower than Ross, I wish we could’ve seen healthy Hollywood’s 40, I genuinely had never seen a player pull away from defenders the way he did, I remember the play against Baylor where he caught the ball smack in the middle of the field at around the 20, facing a cover 2, 2 safeties closing in on him and I swear he split them so badly he must have gotten to the endzone from the 20 in .5 seconds, nearly any other player and they wouldn’t have had a chance, I believe tyreek hill or desean Jackson would’ve been stopped or at least contacted on the play

just watching the speed on his college tape has me so pumped for when he's healthy - he did so well this year but he clearly has at least 1 extra gear to go to

but i think ruggs is even faster

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wonder if we could get Ruggs. That would be something special to have that much speed on offense. I also don’t want another John Ross or Perriman though. Those light and speedy WR always worry me. Ruggs could do huge things here though. Probably immediate impact as RS

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
Another speedy receiver that will be a good option is Jalen Reagor from TCU. He should post
a 40 time in the 4.3s. He is an excellent returner which is something the Ravens could use.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
i honestly think he's going in the top 15 and will be well out of range
It could very well happen since he has that type of speed. We all saw what happened with Ross & Heyward-Bey. I think Ruggs is a better prospect than both too

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It could very well happen since he has that type of speed. We all saw what happened with Ross & Heyward-Bey. I think Ruggs is a better prospect than both too

yeah i just look at ross being a top 10 pick and also the 3rd wr selected and this wr class is a million times better than that class and if ross was a top 10 pick then how could Ruggs not be (but allowing for some variance) at least a top 15 but in reality he's a better prospect than ross by an astronomic amount

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’ve been saying for months that I could see ruggs going top 5 and WR1 in this draft and I stand by it.

I think after the combine ruggs will be sitting so high in stock that we wonder how he wasn’t our WR1 the whole time

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I’ve been saying for months that I could see ruggs going top 5 and WR1 in this draft and I stand by it.

I think after the combine ruggs will be sitting so high in stock that we wonder how he wasn’t our WR1 the whole time
There is about zero chance Jeudy isn't the first receiver taken.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor

I don’t know about that. I could see top 10 but I think top 5 is a stretch.
There is about zero chance Jeudy isn't the first receiver taken.
Right, and if he’s not then we should immediately start trying to trade up for him.