• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Bills

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Surely that makes you feel better - with neither unit operating properly we still managed to win against one of the best 3 teams in the NFC (if not the best) - and in the tricky conditions if Lamar doesn’t have that miracle turnover then the game probably isn’t close because we were driving with a lead

You are right though that it's pretty damn great to be a Ravens fan when they can play a mediocre game against the best team in the NFC and still win.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If we beat the Bills, then it seems we could win out to finish the regular season.
I may be in the minority but I’m really worried about Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Pitt has the defense to beat us, I think even moreso than SF, were able to take SFs strength and basically eliminate it by just making bosa and Buckner and Ford the reads and then leave them unblocked and nullified, we can’t do that to a devin bush and minkah Fitzpatrick, those guys can make the open field pursuits to ruin our gameplan.

And then Cleveland with Chubb and hunt, our edge is still shaky as hell, and if they dial up the power sweep with Chubb I have no doubts he can find the crease and give us hell all day, and then Jarvis Landry always has our number seems no matter who we line up to cover him

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I may be in the minority but I’m really worried about Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Pitt has the defense to beat us, I think even moreso than SF, were able to take SFs strength and basically eliminate it by just making bosa and Buckner and Ford the reads and then leave them unblocked and nullified, we can’t do that to a devin bush and minkah Fitzpatrick, those guys can make the open field pursuits to ruin our gameplan.

And then Cleveland with Chubb and hunt, our edge is still shaky as hell, and if they dial up the power sweep with Chubb I have no doubts he can find the crease and give us hell all day, and then Jarvis Landry always has our number seems no matter who we line up to cover him
I'm with you regarding being worried about both Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Somehow Cleveland seems to match up well against us.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Unfortunately I haven't had much time to listen to podcasts or watch Edgars videos, but does anybody know if we're still having trouble defending no-huddle offenses? The Bills improved their offense over the last couple of games because they went no-huddle and were in 11 personnel over 80%. Nonetheless I expect us to match-up well because 11 personnel means we don't have to use our base package as much as we had to last week.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Unfortunately I haven't had much time to listen to podcasts or watch Edgars videos, but does anybody know if we're still having trouble defending no-huddle offenses? The Bills improved their offense over the last couple of games because they went no-huddle and were in 11 personnel over 80%. Nonetheless I expect us to match-up well because 11 personnel means we don't have to use our base package as much as we had to last week.
and atleast it's not 10 personnel like AZ uses.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
With respect to grinding out tough wins against good teams, I feel good. However, I just feel like we played a pretty bad game on defense and a mediocre game with inopportune turnovers on offense. I was in no way expecting a blowout, but I did expect to say following the game, I think we're the better team. Idk I could be overreacting bit I'm not sure if say that. I definitely have a bad feeling about playing them again if it comes to that.

If we play them again then there's two likely factors that should come into play and benefit us:

1) Should we meet again in Miami for the SB, the weather won't come into play this time. I've seen some media analysts saying that the weather this past Sunday helped us out more than the Niners, but I disagree; with the way that Lamar cuts, he's much more dangerous when he doesn't have to worry about his footing. Also, it's much harder to take deep shots in the bad weather which basically took away Hollywood's best asset. Our offense should be even more dangerous when we don't have to worry about the rain.

2) I'm optimistic that we'll be able to correct our edge run defense by the time we meet again. Had Mostert not been gashing us all game then I think we would have gotten after Jimmy and forced him into some mistakes.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Forecast for sunday now looks pretty alright - 7 degrees celsius is cold but not freezing cold, wind is less than it was potentially going to be (albeit still potential for the occasional gust of around 20mph) and chance of rain or snow is down to around 6%
Sounds good, no need to reef the main, just hold tiller tight.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If we play them again then there's two likely factors that should come into play and benefit us:

1) Should we meet again in Miami for the SB, the weather won't come into play this time. I've seen some media analysts saying that the weather this past Sunday helped us out more than the Niners, but I disagree; with the way that Lamar cuts, he's much more dangerous when he doesn't have to worry about his footing. Also, it's much harder to take deep shots in the bad weather which basically took away Hollywood's best asset. Our offense should be even more dangerous when we don't have to worry about the rain.

2) I'm optimistic that we'll be able to correct our edge run defense by the time we meet again. Had Mostert not been gashing us all game then I think we would have gotten after Jimmy and forced him into some mistakes.
“The rain favors the offense and specifically the run game”

.....mostert goes off for 140+ yards

“The rain helped Lamar”

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

“The rain helped Lamar”
no question the rain affected us more than the Niners. Just look at LJ's typically qb rating vs. Jimmy G's typical QB rating. The drop off was more significant for LJ. I've heard many media members who think we were affected more than the Niners and not the other way around.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

“The rain helped Lamar”
Lol, yep.

Mostert's 5th season

1st - 0y
2nd - 0y
3rd - 30y

In last 2 seasons he got to play more but cracked 80y in 3 games an 70+ in 1.