• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

General Draft Thoughts

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think he meant by the ridiculous set up of having the draftees going on a boat to get to the stage.
I wonder how many draftees will acutally attend the draft - I know a lot of ppl who are afraid of water and boats haha...

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I wonder how many draftees will acutally attend the draft - I know a lot of ppl who are afraid of water and boats haha...
Not only that, but also to account for boat malfunctions, etc. I'd be beyond pissed if something were to happen to the boat and I'm in the water with my nice suit on and whatnot.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Not only that, but also to account for boat malfunctions, etc. I'd be beyond pissed if something were to happen to the boat and I'm in the water with my nice suit on and whatnot.

i mean how likely is it that a) there's only 1 boat and b) the boats malfunction at all

however its hard to stop boats from getting wet after repeated trips just from general splash etc. but looking at the boats they are using there's literally no way anyone falls in or anything

that being said im pretty sure that there's non-water access to the stage otherwise goodell will have to be on the platform all night consistently and it would make day 2 when you have loads of guest presenters basically untenable

my only real question is what are the odds a prospect jumps into the water on purpose off the platform?

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
i mean how likely is it that a) there's only 1 boat and b) the boats malfunction at all

however its hard to stop boats from getting wet after repeated trips just from general splash etc. but looking at the boats they are using there's literally no way anyone falls in or anything

that being said im pretty sure that there's non-water access to the stage otherwise goodell will have to be on the platform all night consistently and it would make day 2 when you have loads of guest presenters basically untenable

my only real question is what are the odds a prospect jumps into the water on purpose off the platform?
In today's age of social media and clout chasing, you KNOW one will be bold enough to do so.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

I wonder if a prospect comes with a bathing suit on instead of a suit.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i feel so seen and validated right now:

I like player comps, but only my own lol. I tend to give a lot of player comps and I usually follow all these guidelines too. And my player comps are never meant to be taken literally, just a very baseline “kinda reminds me of _____” deal.

one thing I’m not a fan of though... comping prospects to former ravens players. The amount of “this guy will be our next boldin!” Shit I had to hear from 2013 onwards was maddening, literally any prospect who had ever caught a contested catch was boldin.

literally the only prospect I was ever able to compare to boldin was Javon wims because yes he made contested catches, but also had an identical build and he did so based purely on physicality, boxing out, and positioning, and I never once felt he would be anything close to boldin, he just looked similar. If tee Higgins was in the 2014 draft class he would’ve been every ravens fans “NeXt BoLdiN”

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
F6FC8106-93FE-48D9-8E42-5DC666CE6288.png

this would be a fun draft. Hurt like hell to take pass up on Damien Lewis right after biadasz but I couldn’t go this deep without taking a wr.

also wish I would’ve taken mims in 2 instead of greenard.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
View attachment 2185
this would be a fun draft. Hurt like hell to take pass up on Damien Lewis right after biadasz but I couldn’t go this deep without taking a wr.

that's an absolutely outrageous draft class - ive got day 2 grades on every player in that draft except for quartney davis who is my top day 3 receiver

EDGE 5
EDGE 3
RB 3
C 3
WR 17
WR 18

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
View attachment 2185

Here’s how you fix the EDGE position real quick. Definitely hurts not to get one of the bonafide star WRs, but with Biadasz in the 4th and Cam Akers in the 3rd, the offense gets better too. I just don’t see how Epenesa drops all the way to us. Think that ultimately, best wide receiver possible at the first pick followed by Greenard in the second, Cam Akers in the third, and Biadasz in the 4th seals a fantastic draft. Bonus points for trading down before picking the receiver

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Here’s how you fix the EDGE position real quick. Definitely hurts not to get one of the bonafide star WRs, but with Biadasz in the 4th and Cam Akers in the 3rd, the offense gets better too. I just don’t see how Epenesa drops all the way to us. Think that ultimately, best wide receiver possible at the first pick followed by Greenard in the second, Cam Akers in the third, and Biadasz in the 4th seals a fantastic draft. Bonus points for trading down before picking the receiver

im not epenesa's biggest fan but if we got both him and greenard i'd be ecstatic

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
im not epenesa's biggest fan but if we got both him and greenard i'd be ecstatic
Especially considering that currently we have 0 EDGEs under contract who have shown any real ability to rush the passer in the NFL. By far our weakest position and got completely exposed by the Titans in the playoffs. I’m done losing in the trenches come playoff time, let’s infuse the front 7 with some talent.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
last year draft had guys like brown, samuel who we all knew would be able to ball if we drafted them... so far, i wouldnt put my money on any of these guys that we have potential to grab with 28th ovr.

Edit: i love reagor though