• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

General Draft Thoughts

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
EDC: You're gonna be a Raven.
Lamb: Really?
EDC: Yes, really. Remember these two words: Fifth. Rounder.
*Lamb watches EDC walks back into the darkness*
I literally had a dream the other day that we drafted Lamb in the 5th.

My dream started out watching the draft. Something had gone wrong with the video, and it was basically like watching a draft in MLB the Show, where the draft pick names are just put up on a board. Our first pick was a WR, and I think his name started with a T.

For our 2nd pick, we got the center Ruiz. I remember being shocked that he was available. The one reaction I do remember was @Sami84 flipping out when we passed on him in the 1st, and then passing out when we got him in the 2nd, lol.

Our 3rd pick was another WR. I don't remember what his name was, but @rossihunter2 loved the pick.

4th round we took a cornerback.

Then I missed the 5th round as it was happening live, so I was checking back to see who we picked. I saw that it was another wideout, and it was Lamb. I was so shocked I woke up.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
There are a lot of stupid GMs - unfortunately O'Brien doesn't have a 1st this year. Clelin Ferrell 4th overall, Derwin James 17th overall or Terrell Edmunds 28th overall there are always a couple of surprises.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I literally had a dream the other day that we drafted Lamb in the 5th.

My dream started out watching the draft. Something had gone wrong with the video, and it was basically like watching a draft in MLB the Show, where the draft pick names are just put up on a board. Our first pick was a WR, and I think his name started with a T.

For our 2nd pick, we got the center Ruiz. I remember being shocked that he was available. The one reaction I do remember was @Sami84 flipping out when we passed on him in the 1st, and then passing out when we got him in the 2nd, lol.

Our 3rd pick was another WR. I don't remember what his name was, but @rossihunter2 loved the pick.

4th round we took a cornerback.

Then I missed the 5th round as it was happening live, so I was checking back to see who we picked. I saw that it was another wideout, and it was Lamb. I was so shocked I woke up.
That'd be EDC's greatest heist. I'd have to listen to Thief's Theme by Nas once a day for the rest of the month if that were to happen.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
My thoughts are that Ceedee Lamb is on the board at the absolute latest at 13.

13 is worth 1150 points
28 660
55 350
60 300
Then I forget the pick numbers but they're worth 132, 82, 43, 39, and 22.2.

So if we trade firsts, and give up our first second and our first third, that would be a tiny value edge to the for us by 8 points. 8 points is basically a quarter of what a 7th rounder is worth so I don't see that as being a huge deal. Now I can't see why even in that deal the 9ers would want to move back 15 places. I guess the point of this exercise which doesn't have to be for Lamb shows that if we really like someo in the early teens we actually can get them.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
My thoughts are that Ceedee Lamb is on the board at the absolute latest at 13.

13 is worth 1150 points
28 660
55 350
60 300
Then I forget the pick numbers but they're worth 132, 82, 43, 39, and 22.2.

So if we trade firsts, and give up our first second and our first third, that would slight value edge to the 49ers. Now I can't see why even in that deal the 9ers would want to move back 15 places. I guess the point of this exercise which doesn't have to be for Lamb shows that if we really like someo in the early teens we actually can get them.
I’d give our first, a second and third, and next years first to move up for lamb or jeudy.

I’m really high on both and even higher on the prospect of adding an elite wr.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I’d give our first, a second and third, and next years first to move up for lamb or jeudy.

So I'm also extremely high on both of them and would be willing to trade up as well. I don't think it would require the extra first rounder though. Maybe something like the second 3rd. But here's the interesting thing about San Fran. Yes they have 2 firsts, but they have 0 second or 3rd round picks. And then like 1 4th, 1 5th, and 2 7ths I think don't quote me. They actually may be interested in moving back knowing they'll still have 2 firsts and now the ability to pick in the second and third.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I know it's giving up a lot but if you could say the sentence in the 2020 nfl draft the Ravens can ensure Ceedee Lamb in the first and still be able to have one pick in the second, third, fourth, fifth, and 7th, that would literally be incredible. One thing we often don't consider is we didn't lose very many people and we're a team with a lot of depth already plus getting people back from injury. I think we'd have a hard time actually keeping every pick on our roster if we selected with them all.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

All of that for them.. thats alot. None of the are julio jones or aj green type so i wouldnt wanna do it. Id give that up for simmons though