• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I don't know where to put this but this world champion in dedication needs to be mentioned:

Nick Underhill‏Verified account @nick_underhill
Someone asked me how many 20-yard out routes Brees has thrown throughout his career. I didn’t know the answer. I watched all of his throws since 2006 to figure out how many times he’s targeted every route. https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/sports/saints/article_7d0ccf3e-aa4c-11e8-afb1-1b6d8d23cbe8.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share … via @theadvocateno

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Gary Klein‏Verified account @LATimesklein
Rams tried to trade for Khalil Mack before Raiders dealt him to Bears.

More here: http://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/la-sp-rams-report-20180905-story.html

Raiders thought Rams pick would be too low in 2019, thus did not accept their offer. Damn, imagine Mack added to that front.....

The rams are weak at 2 spots on their defence: ILB and EDGE - Mack would have literally eliminated an entire weakness of their defence instantly

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I don't know where to put this but this world champion in dedication needs to be mentioned:

Nick Underhill‏Verified account @nick_underhill
Someone asked me how many 20-yard out routes Brees has thrown throughout his career. I didn’t know the answer. I watched all of his throws since 2006 to figure out how many times he’s targeted every route. https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/sports/saints/article_7d0ccf3e-aa4c-11e8-afb1-1b6d8d23cbe8.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share … via @theadvocateno
sounds like someone has too much time on his hands

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Lions Vets are already upset with new Head Coach Matt Patricia. The two complaints by players were the "number of rules put in place" and "how hard he worked them in Camp".

Hahahahaha millionaire athletes complaining about being worked too hard lol.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Gruden: Easier said than done to spark Amari
10310.jpg

Speaking Tuesday, Raiders coach Jon Gruden said it was going to be "easier said than done" to spark Amari Cooper going forward.

Cooper had a dreadful Week 1, catching 1-of-3 targets for nine yards while adding a nine-yard rush. Gruden actually did his best to get Cooper going against the Rams, featuring him out of the slot 45.2 percent of the time. That's compared to 21.8 percent a season ago. Derek Carr's struggles aren't helping. Busting Cooper's deepening slump is going to be extra difficult against the Broncos' stout secondary in Week 2.
=======================================

There is an easy fix for that, Gruden - trade him to us for RGIII

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Gruden: Easier said than done to spark Amari
10310.jpg

Speaking Tuesday, Raiders coach Jon Gruden said it was going to be "easier said than done" to spark Amari Cooper going forward.

Cooper had a dreadful Week 1, catching 1-of-3 targets for nine yards while adding a nine-yard rush. Gruden actually did his best to get Cooper going against the Rams, featuring him out of the slot 45.2 percent of the time. That's compared to 21.8 percent a season ago. Derek Carr's struggles aren't helping. Busting Cooper's deepening slump is going to be extra difficult against the Broncos' stout secondary in Week 2.
=======================================

There is an easy fix for that, Gruden - trade him to us for RGIII
Now that’s a fair trade.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Remember when people thought Carr was good hahaha 1 (overrated) decent season doesn’t make a good QB
I'm guilty of this, but apparently if you hit him good once, he really ain't the same QB. Hmm. Keep this in mind when we play OAK later on the season.