• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is why the Eagles did not trade Nick Foles. Eagles will start Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles against the Atlanta Falcons on Thursday Night. Carson Wentz is still not medically cleared for contact according to Ian Rapport. The Eagles will also be without Alshon Jeffery as he recovers from a torn rotator cuff.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...falcons-as-carson-wentz-continues-to-recover/
Theyre gonna lose. I just dont see that offense doing much without wentz.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
i dont put a huge amount of stock in the preseason but the eagles have looked legitimately terrible...
they're really struggling from significant absences

I wonder if they will go through what the Colts went through last year. All the hope Luck was ready to play but he never did. Foles isn't going to sneak up on everyone, plenty of film to prepare for him. Could see tbe NFC East become wide open if Wentz doesn't play at all this season.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I wonder if they will go through what the Colts went through last year. All the hope Luck was ready to play but he never did. Foles isn't going to sneak up on everyone, plenty of film to prepare for him. Could see tbe NFC East become wide open if Wentz doesn't play at all this season.

It’s a bit of a different situation - luck couldn’t even throw a football this time last year whereas Carson wentz is practicing but has not been cleared for contact

I expect when he does get back that it’ll take a while for him to get back to last years form...

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think the Giants are the top team as long as Eli doesnt shit the bed every week. They have the best roster it seems. Cowboys seem mediocre to me

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
It’s a bit of a different situation - luck couldn’t even throw a football this time last year whereas Carson wentz is practicing but has not been cleared for contact

I expect when he does get back that it’ll take a while for him to get back to last years form...
With regards to Wentz I have to agree. But the Eagles as a whole are still way too talented to finish as anything but a playoff team at this point. That defense is among the deepest in the game, and the moment the rest of that offense around Foles gets healthy, that becomes one of the better units in the game too.. They'd have to go through significant decimations injury wise. Giants look solid, but don't have nearly the depth the Eagles do on the defensive side of the ball. Alex Smith.. LOL. No Andy Reid to back you out now. And Jerry has decided to go total moron and has deprived Dak of any weapons not named Zeke. Eagles are still the best team in that division as a whole.

This eagles team has dynasty potential. It's a scary proposition. If Wentz was healthy from day one, it wouldn't be completely unreasonable to pick them as a repeat candiadate. I think they don't repeat due to Wentz coming back later rather than sooner. But next year.... They'll probably be a popular pick again.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think the Giants are the top team as long as Eli doesnt shit the bed every week. They have the best roster it seems. Cowboys seem mediocre to me

The problem the giants have is that the qb class for next year looks pretty abysmal which means that if Eli is as bad as he looked the last 2 years then they literally have 2 years to wait to get a decent prospect if they go via the draft

JO_75

Hall of Famer
ME'Veon Bell is still sitting at home, not signed his Tag tender and his status for Sunday is unknown.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
ME'Veon Bell is still sitting at home, not signed his Tag tender and his status for Sunday is unknown.

I dont know the deadline for him to come in and get payed this week but I would not be surprised if he decided to do that and then not be ready by Sunday and as such only have to play 15 games instead of 16

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Jets have named rookie QB Sam Darnold the starter in week one for Monday Night Football against the Lions.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
He also has visits with the Giants and Bills if he doesn't sign with the Jets.
I understand the interest in Perriman. The Ravens do not have a history of developing young receivers so I would assume there are a few teams thinking a number one draft pick, who was on the Ravens may be worth a look for a fresh start.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I understand the interest in Perriman. The Ravens do not have a history of developing young receivers so I would assume there are a few teams thinking a number one draft pick, who was on the Ravens may be worth a look for a fresh start.

Especially considering that he looked good in the preseason. I said in the preseason thread that I expect him to have a pretty nice year this year for some NFL team.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

Based on what? Every issue he had in previous years, he seemed to have demonstrably gotten over this preseason. His was actually running real routes, he was catching using his hands and so he just looked better than everyone else he was on the field with.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Based on what? Every issue he had in previous years, he seemed to have demonstrably gotten over this preseason. His was actually running real routes, he was catching using his hands and so he just looked better than everyone else he was on the field with.
Against a vanilla offense he caught 11 balls mostly against players who didn’t make a roster. Let’s see him beat press coverage and fight for the ball in a real game. Not saying he can’t do it, just don’t see him being very successful.