• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Such a shame that he’s retiring early, similar to megatron I guess. I don’t blame him though, he’s had too many injuries.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Browns are filling out their coaching staff. They have hired former Cardinals HC Steve Wilks as their Defensive Coordinator and former Bucs OC Todd Monken as their Offensive Coordinator. Browns also have hired Packers longtime OL Coach James Campen.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
The Browns are filling out their coaching staff. They have hired former Cardinals HC Steve Wilks as their Defensive Coordinator and former Bucs OC Todd Monken as their Offensive Coordinator. Browns also have hired Packers longtime OL Coach James Campen.
I am surprised with how strong they finished, that they made so many changes

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Ooof.....and I believe they're over the cap too.

NFL Update‏ @MySportsUpdate 1h1 hour ago
#Eagles free agents this offseason:
- Possibly Nick Foles
- Brandon Graham
- Golden Tate
- Darren Sproles
- Jay Ajayi
- Ronald Darby
- Jordan Hicks
- Jordan Matthews
- Chris Long
- Haloti Ngata
- Mike Wallace
- Chris Maragos
- Nate Sudfeld [RFA]
Ugh, looks like that SB window is not closing but getting slammed shut.
Still, good young QB is pretty nice commodity to have.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Ooof.....and I believe they're over the cap too.

NFL Update‏ @MySportsUpdate 1h1 hour ago
#Eagles free agents this offseason:
- Possibly Nick Foles
- Brandon Graham
- Golden Tate
- Darren Sproles
- Jay Ajayi
- Ronald Darby
- Jordan Hicks
- Jordan Matthews
- Chris Long
- Haloti Ngata
- Mike Wallace
- Chris Maragos
- Nate Sudfeld [RFA]
I didn’t realize that, it makes that pass that went through Jeffery’s hands and intercepted that much more depressing for those Eagles fans. They really needed to extend that Foles magic a little longer because they may be in for a little playoff drought starting next season.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So Kubiak didn't take OC role because he wouldn't have had control of the O line play.

Yep, so I do wonder where he will end up now. Maybe still Jacksonville. The Steelers have now lost their RB Coach James Saxson, LB Coach Joey Porter and now Munchak who was their OL Coach.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Yep, so I do wonder where he will end up now. Maybe still Jacksonville. The Steelers have now lost their RB Coach James Saxson, LB Coach Joey Porter and now Munchak who was their OL Coach.
He ends up here:

Vikings hire Gary Kubiak as offensive advisor
8347.jpg

Vikings hired Gary Kubiak as an offensive advisor.

Gary's son Klint will take over as quarterbacks coach with Kevin Stefanski promoted from interim offensive coordinator to full-time OC. An in-season power struggle is not difficult to envision should the Vikings start slow on Stefanski's watch surrounded by Kubiaks, but it's obviously a risk coach Mike Zimmer is willing to take. Kubiak is a longtime confidante of Mike Shanahan, who drafted Vikings QB Kirk Cousins in Washington.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
He ends up here:

8347.jpg

Gary's son Klint will take over as quarterbacks coach with Kevin Stefanski promoted from interim offensive coordinator to full-time OC. An in-season power struggle is not difficult to envision should the Vikings start slow on Stefanski's watch surrounded by Kubiaks, but it's obviously a risk coach Mike Zimmer is willing to take. Kubiak is a longtime confidante of Mike Shanahan, who drafted Vikings QB Kirk Cousins in Washington.

That's a good hire for Minnesota. They also are keeping the OC that made their offense a lot better at the end of the year. Vikings just need to work on the offensive line and they can get back to the playoffs next year.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
What a huge get for the Arizona Cardinals. Cardinals sign former Steelers RB Coach James Saxon to be their RB coach.

Now get a better offensive line and David Johnson may have a great year.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
He ends up here:

8347.jpg

Probably a good hire for he Vikings.