• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
@JO_75 is your real name Matt Bowers? :p

Selection_036.png

JO_75

Hall of Famer
@JO_75 is your real name Matt Bowers? :p

View attachment 1285

Fine you got me. I have been posing as a Ravens fan all these years. I'm super rich and can afford all these billboards to ensure justice is done and my team the Saints rightfully faces the Patriots in the Super Bowl. I knew I should have been more secretive about this so it didn't get out. Damn you Schefter! :swear::swear:

Seriously though, I guess if he owns a bunch of dealerships he can afford all these billboards. I was reading on PFT about lawyers going after the NFL invoking Rule 17 that would allow a do over of the final minutes of the game.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Report: Rex Ryan name to watch for Chiefs DC
8357.jpg

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports ex-Jets and Bills coach Rex Ryan is a "name to watch" for the Chiefs' defensive coordinator vacancy.

Schefter's report is via "sources." Ryan has a habit of openly campaigning for jobs/inserting himself into the conversation, but he can't be dismissed out of hand in Kansas City. A deeply-flawed head coach, Ryan is an undeniably strong defensive mind. He got Bill Belichick's number more than once.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Jan 22 - 2:57 PM

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
8357.jpg

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports ex-Jets and Bills coach Rex Ryan is a "name to watch" for the Chiefs' defensive coordinator vacancy.

Schefter's report is via "sources." Ryan has a habit of openly campaigning for jobs/inserting himself into the conversation, but he can't be dismissed out of hand in Kansas City. A deeply-flawed head coach, Ryan is an undeniably strong defensive mind. He got Bill Belichick's number more than once.
Please no.....

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2730/tony-romo

RECENT NEWS
CBS broadcaster Tony Romo confirmed he's received recent contract offers from NFL teams.
It's not surprising; Romo is now years removed from the back injuries that effectively ended his career and won't turn 39 until April. "There was something earlier this season and definitely two times this offseason," said Romo. "Usually, it is a coach that reaches out." Romo did indicate he's happy in broadcasting, where he's fast emerged as the top color analyst in the game. Jan 21 - 6:21 PM
Source: The Athletic

rossihunter2

Staff Member
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2730/tony-romo

RECENT NEWS
CBS broadcaster Tony Romo confirmed he's received recent contract offers from NFL teams.
It's not surprising; Romo is now years removed from the back injuries that effectively ended his career and won't turn 39 until April. "There was something earlier this season and definitely two times this offseason," said Romo. "Usually, it is a coach that reaches out." Romo did indicate he's happy in broadcasting, where he's fast emerged as the top color analyst in the game. Jan 21 - 6:21 PM
Source: The Athletic

you've got to think those offers came from teams with qb injuries: washington, san francisco, miami

JO_75

Hall of Famer
8357.jpg

Ryan said too that he was going to get an interview for the Dolphins Head Coaching Job but never did. We know Rex wasn't a good Head Coach but he's a great defensive mind. He'd be a good DC for them but knowing Rex's ego, he would only use the Chiefs to try to land another Head Coaching job.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Larry Fitzgerald - WR - Cardinals
1661.jpg

Cardinals re-signed WR Larry Fitzgerald to a one-year contract.

Fitzgerald was considering retirement but will be back for a 16th season to play his first under new coach Kliff Kingsbury. Fitzgerald will be 36 by Week 1 but showed he still has it this past season, even if his numbers were depressed in one of the league's worst offenses. Things should be much different in the desert this year, with a focus on offense and scoring points under Kingsbury.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Report: Spagnuolo favorite for Chiefs' DC job
10323.jpg

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports ex-Giants DC Steve Spagnuolo "has emerged as the favorite" for the Chiefs' defensive coordinator vacancy.

Spagnuolo spent this past season out of the league. Both he and coach Andy Reid worked together in Philadelphia when Reid was the head coach and Spags was an assistant under longtime DC Jim Johnson. Spagnuolo has coordinated some stellar defenses in the past with the Giants, but also ran one of the worst defenses in history with the Saints in 2012 after failing miserably as the Rams head coach from 2009-2011. Spagnuolo would be an interesting hire for the Chiefs.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Jaguars are in talks to extend DE Calais Campbell this offseason.

The extension is more of a restructure. Campbell is due $14.5 million in the third season of a four-year deal signed in 2017. The move would create cap space for Jacksonville to make a run at a quarterback.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Saints CB P.J. Williams gets DUI on Wednesday
10449.jpg

Saints CB P.J. Williams was arrested for DUI on Wednesday in New Orleans.

The impending free agent was booked for drunk driving and careless driving around 1:10 in the morning overnight and bonded out a little more than three hours later. Williams was the Saints' nickel back this season, covering the slot for the team. This is Williams' second known drunk driving offense after getting one in 2015 in Tallahassee as a prospect out of Florida State.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor