• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Mike daniels was released by the Packers. Wouldn't be shocked if we worked him out.

Also, I haven't understood this Niners hype since last year. What about that bum ass team makes people think they can compete for the division, let alone a bowl?
Truth be told? The only "hype" I've seen about the Niners is around the lines of "Are they going to be a competitive team? If not, will there be any changes in SF?"

I still question their defense and if Jimmy G is the long-term answer.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Steelers give a one year extension to Head Coach Mike Tomlin through the 2021 season. His contract was due to end after the 2020 season.

LMAO, good job Pittsburgh.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Talented though. I don't blame him for wanting to get his bread, but I don't like the potential distractions this could cause.

Last year I think his talk hurt the team but this just seemed like a bit of fun.

Talking trash to 80% of the QBs in the NFL? Dumb. A little spectacle when you arrive to camp? Seems fine. Reminds me a little bit of Suggs to be honest.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Last year I think his talk hurt the team but this just seemed like a bit of fun.

Talking trash to 80% of the QBs in the NFL? Dumb. A little spectacle when you arrive to camp? Seems fine. Reminds me a little bit of Suggs to be honest.
Well speaking of spectacles when someone arrives to training camp, let's introduce the King of Spectatles himself: Mr. Antonio "I don't have an ego" Brown!

https://twitter.com/Raiders/status/1154803807026475008

that eagles dream team is one of the biggest examples of failure through the use of free agency and the it's called the dream team for a reason. of course they didn't fit in the Eagles system. Especially Nnamdi Asomugha

Totally agree with your last paragraph
I was thinking of the Eagles too, but had forgotten who the "big name" was in that FA offseason ... Nnamdi ... oh how there were Ravens fans clamoring for that guy. After FA, you never really heard his name again.

Talented though. I don't blame him for wanting to get his bread, but I don't like the potential distractions this could cause.
Nah - I think the Brinks truck was a pretty clever gag and I can't imagine it being a distraction. It warrants nothing more than a chuckle from the team and his team mates. I think the key point is - he's in camp and not holding out. How he got there is basically a point of trivia.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Since trading OBJ:

- Sterling Shepard fractured his thumb.
- Corey Coleman tore his ACL, done for the year.
- FA Acquisition Golden Tate suspended first 4 games for wellness violation.

Giants WR core is a legit dumpster fire.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
AJ Green went down in Bengals practice, appears to be his left ankle.
I saw that on Yahoo, said he was carted off and was very upset. Preliminary it just seems like a sprained ankle, but those can be worse than breaks sometimes.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
The Cardinals released 2016 first round pick Robert Nkemdiche a day after their coach said he was “not in shape.”

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
so many people wanted Nkemdiche in that draft.
The article shed some light on his release. Said he still on PUP list after tearing ACL in December. He was on last year of rookie contract as they did not pick up fifth year option and he was due $400,000 in a few days if he was still on the team, so not really that he was so out of shape.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I saw that on Yahoo, said he was carted off and was very upset. Preliminary it just seems like a sprained ankle, but those can be worse than breaks sometimes.

A.J. GREENWR, CINCINNATI BENGALS

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports A.J. Green will "likely" be sidelined for 6-8 weeks.
The Bengals were hopeful that Green would miss only four weeks with a low ankle sprain, but an MRI revealed torn ligaments in his left ankle. Green isn't expected to have surgery, though he is getting a second opinion to confirm. With a six to eight week timetable for his return, Green is looking doubtful for the season opener and possibly beyond. Green is still a high-end receiver when healthy, but he has missed at least six games in two of the last three seasons. He'll likely miss one to three games with this injury, so Green is no longer a third-round target in fantasy drafts. Green will be 31 years old in 2019.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Jul 28, 2019, 3:27 PM ET