• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
A.J. GREENWR, CINCINNATI BENGALS

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports A.J. Green will "likely" be sidelined for 6-8 weeks.
The Bengals were hopeful that Green would miss only four weeks with a low ankle sprain, but an MRI revealed torn ligaments in his left ankle. Green isn't expected to have surgery, though he is getting a second opinion to confirm. With a six to eight week timetable for his return, Green is looking doubtful for the season opener and possibly beyond. Green is still a high-end receiver when healthy, but he has missed at least six games in two of the last three seasons. He'll likely miss one to three games with this injury, so Green is no longer a third-round target in fantasy drafts. Green will be 31 years old in 2019.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Jul 28, 2019, 3:27 PM ET
Wow torn ligaments, that is going to sideline him for a while.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Baker Mayfield is an impressive young quarterback, but damn his trash talking is already getting on my nerves, and it appears to be wearing on some of his teammates. Apparently some of the veterans on his team already had to pull him aside and set him straight after he stuck his nose into teammate Duke Johnson’s business.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
It may be a new season but a Louisiana Court is still clinging to the end of the NFC Championship game as it has ordered the testimony of Roger Goodell in Rams-Saints lawsuit.

According to the Associated Press, Judge Nicole Sheppard has ruled that Commissioner Roger Goodell and three game officials can be questioned under oath in the lawsuit filed regarding the blown pass interference call in the Rams-Saints NFC Championship game. The depositions will occur, barring a successful appeal, in September.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...mony-of-roger-goodell-in-rams-saints-lawsuit/

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Since trading OBJ:

- Sterling Shepard fractured his thumb.
- Corey Coleman tore his ACL, done for the year.
- FA Acquisition Golden Tate suspended first 4 games for wellness violation.

Giants WR core is a legit dumpster fire.

For real though... Talk about some crappy luck. Tate has a good chance with the appeal though, and Shep should be back for the start of the season. Coleman was making huge strides before the injury, and was expected by coaches to have a big role this year. Hopefully he can pick up next year where he left off.

OBJ has made me be a fan of getting rid of him with his behavior this off-season though. I love him as a player, but holy shit that guy is proving himself to be a cancer... This coming from the guy who was practically ready to disown the Giants after that trade. Gettleman may have been right all along in rebuilding the locker room.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
For real though... Talk about some crappy luck. Tate has a good chance with the appeal though, and Shep should be back for the start of the season. Coleman was making huge strides before the injury, and was expected by coaches to have a big role this year. Hopefully he can pick up next year where he left off.

OBJ has made me be a fan of getting rid of him with his behavior this off-season though. I love him as a player, but holy shit that guy is proving himself to be a cancer... This coming from the guy who was practically ready to disown the Giants after that trade. Gettleman may have been right all along in rebuilding the locker room.

Yeah at this point, I'm wondering which one of these two players will derail the Browns hype train first, Baker or OBJ.

That's a Snyder run organization for you. I mean who needs a solid Left Tackle to protect Case Keenum or Dwayne Haskins this season, they will be fine.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Saints make WR Michael Thomas the highest paid WR with a 5 year $100M contract with $61M Guaranteed.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Long time Panthers Center Ryan Kalil is ending his brief retirement to sign with the New York Jets. Jets now have a stable Veteran Center in the middle of their line.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I honestly don't blame the Cowboys FO for NOT paying Zeke his money. Doesn't have two years left in his contract? Plus, he has had his offseason issues in the past.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I honestly don't blame the Cowboys FO for NOT paying Zeke his money. Doesn't have two years left in his contract? Plus, he has had his offseason issues in the past.

While true, the Cowboys offense lives and dies by the Run and Zeke. By not paying him, they are kissing their offense good bye because Dak isn't the QB Jerry thinks he is.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
While true, the Cowboys offense lives and dies by the Run and Zeke. By not paying him, they are kissing their offense good bye because Dak isn't the QB Jerry thinks he is.
Are you saying that a solid QB (I think he's solid) isn't AS effective without a good running game. COLOR ME SHOCKED! SHOCKED I TELL YOU! In all seriousness, I think their FO won't be the first one to blink. Now NEXT season will be a different story.