• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Antonio Brown is threatening to retire if the Raiders and NFL don't let him wear a specific helmet.

Wow....
I mean he said this: "I don’t even need the game... Obviously I want the game but I don’t need the game.... "I'm perfectly fine with walking away fully healthy or whatever.”
I'm not sure about the last part but...

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I mean he said this: "I don’t even need the game... Obviously I want the game but I don’t need the game.... "I'm perfectly fine with walking away fully healthy or whatever.”
I'm not sure about the last part but...

Must have cold feet about his new team.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
The Steelers report this morning that their wide receivers coach Darryl Drake suddenly passed away. He was 62 years old. May he rest in peace.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Antonio Brown is threatening to retire if the Raiders and NFL don't let him wear a specific helmet.

Wow....

Seems like AB is back tracking on retiring and is now saying that if he gets hurt wearing the new helmet he is going to threaten the NFL with liability. What a complete moron. Just retire so nobody has to deal with this anymore.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
New Update on AB: A arbitrator told AB that he can not wear the old helmet and has to use wear the new helmet.

Adam Schefter
·
‪An arbitrator ruled against Raiders’ WR Antonio Brown’s grievance to wear his old helmet, per source.‬

‪Now Brown must decide if he’s willing to play football with a new helmet he desperately does not want to wear.‬

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Jane Slater @SlaterNFL

I can confirm reports that QB Dak Prescott has, in fact, turned down 30M a year offer and is instead seeking 40M a year per source informed. #Cowboys

giphy.gif

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Andrew Luck may miss week 1 with a ankle injury. Jeez... so much potential when healthy but he and Wentz are full of what ifs and what if they stayed healthy.

Zak Keefer
@zkeefer

Colts aren't ready to determine whether Andrew Luck will or won't be ready for a Week 1 start; plan right now is to calm the ankle pain down.

Andrew Luck may miss week 1 with a ankle injury. Jeez... so much potential when healthy but he and Wentz are full of what ifs and what if they stayed healthy.

Zak Keefer
@zkeefer

Colts aren't ready to determine whether Andrew Luck will or won't be ready for a Week 1 start; plan right now is to calm the ankle pain down.
Luck really is a likable person, it is a shame injuries keep sidelining him. I'd feel even worse about it if he played for a different team.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Eagles are now down to one QB, rookie Clayton Thorson after an injury to Nate Sudfield against the Jaguars.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter ·
17m

After losing QB Nate Sudfeld to a broken bone above his left wrist, Eagles lost his his backup Cody Kessler to a potential concussion. Now left with Clayton Thorson playing QB vs Jaguars, with backup QB questions for this summer.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Buccaneers have given GM Jason Licht a 5 year extension through 2023, which is when Bruce Arians' contract ends so they are officially linked together. This apparently was done back in January but the Bucs waited until after their preseason win over Miami to announce it.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/buccaneers-sign-gm-jason-licht-to-five-year-extension-per-report/

Stupid Decisions and Bad Teams go together like Peanut Butter & Jelly. The Bucs are 27-53 with only 1 winning season since Licht took over as GM back in 2014. Which year was his winning season? His first year with the team, 2014.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
The Buccaneers have given GM Jason Licht a 5 year extension through 2023, which is when Bruce Arians' contract ends so they are officially linked together. This apparently was done back in January but the Bucs waited until after their preseason win over Miami to announce it.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/buccaneers-sign-gm-jason-licht-to-five-year-extension-per-report/

Stupid Decisions and Bad Teams go together like Peanut Butter & Jelly. The Bucs are 27-53 with only 1 winning season since Licht took over as GM back in 2014. Which year was his winning season? His first year with the team, 2014.
Their only winning season was in 2016. I remember 2014 quite well since we stomped their asses out in the first half. Plus, it was the season before Jameis was drafted.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Adam Schefter

‪Jay Gruden today on how soon Colt McCoy might return from a broken leg that ended his 2018 season: “Oh man, it might not be the end of camp, it might be two or three weeks into the season. We don't know yet.”‬

‪Case Keenum is now tracking to be Washington’s opening-day starting QB‬ vs the Philadelphia Eagles.

Maybe Washington wants to try the Arizona way? Draft Haskins this year, and then draft Tua with the first overall pick in 2020?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The AB situation has now escalated where AB has now left Raiders Camp (AGAIN) after not practicing because he can't wear a helmet. AB in fact took a helmet he wanted use to a lab and the helmet failed. GM Mike Mayock has said the team has exhausted all options and just wants to know if he is "All In" or "All Out".

I'm starting to wonder if HBO has something to do with this and realized they needed to spice up the show and created fake drama just so people watch Hard Knocks.

Edit: You can tell by the tone of Mayock's voice when asked about it that's he frustrated with this whole situation. Also very telling the Raiders own Twitter posted this video.

https://twitter.com/Raiders/status/1163208899014455296

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player-news/headlines/9180031

Last edited:

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
The AB situation has now escalated where AB has now left Raiders Camp (AGAIN) after not practicing because he can't wear a helmet. AB in fact took a helmet he wanted use to a lab and the helmet failed. GM Mike Mayock has said the team has exhausted all options and just wants to know if he is "All In" or "All Out".

Edit: You can tell by the tone of Mayock's voice when asked about it that's he frustrated with this whole situation. Also very telling the Raiders own Twitter posted this video.

https://twitter.com/Raiders/status/1163208899014455296

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player-news/headlines/9180031
This guy is such a clown, but it's beyond apparent that he enjoys the drama. Just can't get enough of it.