• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The answer would be the same. No, however If I'm the Dolphins the answer would be yes.

The one caveat for the Dolphins is the answer would only be yes if Clowney agrees to a contract prior to the trade.

Which the problem with that is the Tag Deadline was back in July and now he has to play on the Franchise Tag and essentially becomes a one year rental.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Which the problem with that is the Tag Deadline was back in July and now he has to play on the Franchise Tag and essentially becomes a one year rental.
oops, completely forgot about that. That changes my opinion on the trade, especially considering the Dolphins couldn't count on him staying in Miami after the season.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
oops, completely forgot about that. That changes my opinion on the trade, especially considering the Dolphins couldn't count on him staying in Miami after the season.

Would be so much better if NFL extended the Tag Deadline to the Monday before Preseason Week 1 begins or prior to Week 4 of the Preseason. That way teams who want to acquire him can still negotiate a long term deal without it being a one year rental.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Didn't work on Madden:

EDUKoQWX4AAy5dB.jpeg