• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

Tank

Hall of Famer
Of course Bill and Co. orchestrated the whole AB thing, but of course just like all of their other unethical dealings it will blow over and be forgotten. Just have to root for their failure. scumbags

rossihunter2

Staff Member
TYREEK HILL
WR, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

Profootballtalk reports Tyreek Hill is undergoing tests on his collarbone.
You can't "sprain" a collarbone, so if there's an injury, it will be a fracture. That would mean Hill would miss roughly 6-8 weeks and be a candidate for injured reserve/designated to return. We should get official word by Sunday evening.

SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
Sep 8, 2019, 4:17 PM ET

it sounds like its the collar bone/sternum dislocation life-threatening thing that danny amendola had a few years back

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Last edited:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
really sorry to hear this. I was a big fan of Lindstrom.

We should put you in charge of the breaking news section on this board, you seem to be the quickest to post most of the time.

That's because I'm always looking for stuff for my podcast. So I'm always ready for whenever things happen and I can talk about it. If I didn't have to work 40 hours a week, it be easier.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Wow

DERRIUS GUICE
RB, WASHINGTON REDSKINS

Derrius Guice (knee) underwent an MRI Monday and is likely to miss time.

The injury is to his right knee, not the one he tore during last year's preseason. The knee trouble could explain Guice's lack of production in his NFL debut Sunday at Philadelphia (10 carries for 18 yards). With Guice facing another extended absence, the Redskins will likely turn to Adrian Peterson—who was a healthy scratch for the first time in his career Sunday—as their lead back with Chris Thompson occupying his usual role on passing downs. It's another tough blow for Guice, who has seen just 23 regular-season snaps since arriving as a second-round pick in 2018.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Sep 9, 2019, 12:42 PM ET

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
KAARE VEDVIKK, NEW YORK JETS

... of CBS Sports reports the Jets will work out kickers on Tuesday.
Kaare Vedvik cost the Jets by missing a 45-yard field goal and an extra-point in Sunday's loss to Buffalo. It's unclear who New York plans on bringing in, though Younghoe Koo and Cody Parkey, who both worked out for the Jets this summer, would seem to be logical candidates. Vedvik was claimed off waivers from Minnesota a week ago after failing to crack the Vikings' Week 1 roster. His stay in East Rutherford figures to be a short one.

SOURCE: Jason La Canfora on Twitter
Sep 9, 2019, 11:51 AM ET

Last edited by a moderator:

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
TEVIN COLEMAN
RB, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Tevin Coleman is expected to "miss time" after suffering a sprained ankle in Sunday's Week 1 win over the Buccaneers.
Monday's MRI should determine the nature of his sprain, though even if it's of the lesser variety (that would be a "low-ankle" sprain), it's still likely Coleman will be out for an extended period. With Jerick McKinnon (knee) on injured reserve, Matt Breida should function as the lead back with Raheem Mostert and Jeff Wilson (who will likely be promoted from the Niners' practice squad) both serving as backfield depth.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Sep 9, 2019, 11:47 AM ET

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
KAARE VEDVIKK, NEW YORK JETS

... of CBS Sports reports the Jets will work out kickers on Tuesday.
Kaare Vedvik cost the Jets by missing a 45-yard field goal and an extra-point in Sunday's loss to Buffalo. It's unclear who New York plans on bringing in, though Younghoe Koo and Cody Parkey, who both worked out for the Jets this summer, would seem to be logical candidates. Vedvik was claimed off waivers from Minnesota a week ago after failing to crack the Vikings' Week 1 roster. His stay in East Rutherford figures to be a short one.

SOURCE: Jason La Canfora on Twitter
Sep 9, 2019, 11:51 AM ET
@Dom McRaven

Last edited by a moderator:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
A Giants fan was arrested for threatning to shoot up people at Gillette Stadium over the Pats signing AB. He even wore his Giants jersey to court. Below is what he posted to Facebook:

“I’m going to pull a white boys school shooting at Foxboro you might as well hand them the ring right now I’m if I ever get my hands on a gun which I don’t have one yet but I’m looking I will go shoot up random people at Foxboro.”

https://dailysnark.com/giants-fan-a...7YNEpDcO9RL4FYL2WlnkWg77g_fSUNNKo1VaUwfVj0QMM