• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
NFL Update

@MySportsUpdate
· 3h
#Seahawks

NFL_Clubs_2019_2020_Emojis_SeattleSeahawks.png
have released #Jets 2019 third-round DE/LB Jachai Polite from their practice squad, per @FieldYates.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Steelers have traded another 2020 Draft Pick.... this time to Seattle. Seahawks have traded TE Nick Vannett to the Steelers in exchange for a 2020 5th Round Pick.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Any update on Jalen Ramsey? If we've offered as reported a 1st, 2nd and Hurst for him, I don't think the Jags are getting a better offer than that. Unless of course they say it is 2 firsts or nothing at all. I hope he goes from calling in sick to a hunger strike!

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Any update on Jalen Ramsey? If we've offered as reported a 1st, 2nd and Hurst for him, I don't think the Jags are getting a better offer than that. Unless of course they say it is 2 firsts or nothing at all. I hope he goes from calling in sick to a hunger strike!

I haven't heard nothing, the big question now is if he shows up to practice tomorrow or not. At this point, it seems as if Joe is going to have deal with Ramsey in the Jaguars secondary. To be quite fair, seeing Gardner Minshew may have just changed Ramsey's mind.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I haven't heard nothing, the big question now is if he shows up to practice tomorrow or not. At this point, it seems as if Joe is going to have deal with Ramsey in the Jaguars secondary. To be quite fair, seeing Gardner Minshew may have just changed Ramsey's mind.
That doesn't jive with calling in sick for Monday's practice (unless of course he really is). Rumors are that he may not practice the entire week. But, who the heck really knows? I am just hoping the Jags get the message and decide he's not going to remain a Jag, cut their losses and trade him to the Ravens because I doubt they've received a better offer + the 2 GMs are rumored to be tight.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
The latest is that JAX are not planning to trade him any longer. That's why he got a flu.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
JALEN RAMSEY
DB, JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports Jalen Ramsey (illness) will report tomorrow.
The timing of Ramsey's illness with his trade demands is comical, but it looks like he'll play against the Broncos this weekend, assuming he's not being traded later in the week. ESPN's Adam Schefter reported the Jaguars are "not interested" in trading their star corner after teams haven't been willing to ship multiple first-round selections for Ramsey's services.

SOURCE: Josina Anderson on Twitter
Sep 24, 2019, 8:57 PM ET

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
JALEN RAMSEY
DB, JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports Jalen Ramsey (illness) will report tomorrow.
The timing of Ramsey's illness with his trade demands is comical, but it looks like he'll play against the Broncos this weekend, assuming he's not being traded later in the week. ESPN's Adam Schefter reported the Jaguars are "not interested" in trading their star corner after teams haven't been willing to ship multiple first-round selections for Ramsey's services.

SOURCE: Josina Anderson on Twitter
Sep 24, 2019, 8:57 PM ET

LET'S GO ERIC

JO_75

Hall of Famer
One holdout is over as Rap Sheet reports that Chargers RB Melvin Gordon will report to the team tomorrow. He will not play this week but he will join his teammates for the game against the Dolphins.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Sources: The holdout is ending. #Chargers RB Melvin Gordon is, in fact, reporting to the team tomorrow. He won’t play this week, but he is planning to be back in the fold with his teammates.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

• ZA'DARIUS SMITHLB, GREEN BAY PACKERS

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Za'Darius Smith (knee) is expected to suit up for Thursday night's game against the Eagles.
    Smith is off to a strong start for the Pack's resurgent defense, notching three sacks in three games. He had 8.5 a season ago. Inactives will be released in four hours.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    Sep 26, 2019, 3:04 PM ET

rossihunter2

Staff Member

• ZA'DARIUS SMITHLB, GREEN BAY PACKERS

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Za'Darius Smith (knee) is expected to suit up for Thursday night's game against the Eagles.
    Smith is off to a strong start for the Pack's resurgent defense, notching three sacks in three games. He had 8.5 a season ago. Inactives will be released in four hours.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    Sep 26, 2019, 3:04 PM ET

ZDS has been like a man possessed in the first 3 games - flat-out dominant - its a big win for him to be on the field tonight - he's already a leader in that locker room too