• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
dude cowherd has had it in for mayfield since before the draft
and he has it more in for mayfield since mayfield called him out on his bullshit

i know a lot of people here love to hate mayfield because of the way he holds himself but beyond being cocky he's done literally nothing wrong in the league
I know he has an ongoing thing with Baker. That's widely known. But, the points he makes are still legit. Baker is now Faker to me. He's done nothing wrong? Sure he's done nothing wrong other than to be uber arrogant about everything, disrespecting the HC that put his career on the line by drafting him #1 when nobody else had him ranked that high. Most importantly performing at a sub-par level. Tell me this what the hell has he done other than to lose more games than win? He is as overrated as Lamar Jackson is underrated.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

• NFL%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png

ANTONIO BROWNWR, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

ESPN Boston reports Antonio Brown is unlikely to get any of his $9 million signing bonus from the Patriots.
    The Patriots plan to use the "representation warranty clause" to void Brown's signing bonus. Brown didn't disclose he was dealing with an off-field situation before signing with New England, which they view as a breach of contract. The NFLPA could file a grievance, but it sounds like Brown may only end up with his $1 million salary, two game checks ($125K), and a $33,333 roster bonus. Since Brown was released after June 1, any money the Patriots owe can be spread out over the next two years.

RELATED: SOURCE: ESPN Boston
    Sep 20, 2019, 7:32 PM ET

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I know he has an ongoing thing with Baker. That's widely known. But, the points he makes are still legit. Baker is now Faker to me. He's done nothing wrong? Sure he's done nothing wrong other than to be uber arrogant about everything, disrespecting the HC that put his career on the line by drafting him #1 when nobody else had him ranked that high. Most importantly performing at a sub-par level. Tell me this what the hell has he done other than to lose more games than win? He is as overrated as Lamar Jackson is underrated.

no the points cowherd makes are disingenuous, biased and completely ungrounded

baker's a cocky dude who acts emotionally - that's his character flaw - that's it - he's not a bad teammate, he's not a complacent player, he just wears his heart on his sleeve and has outward confidence and arrogance

he disrespected the HC after his HC went to a division rival - that HC who was also the source of much division within his own organisation - and let's be frank it wasnt Hue Jackson who was picking baker, it was John Dorsey - if baker was Hue's guy, he would have started him week 1 but he didnt, he stuck with Tyrod because... reasons i guess

and its a team sport - I love that Lamar's only lost 2 career games but lets be real team wins isnt a very good indicator of qb quality

and what has baker done? what a ridiculous question - he lifted a team that had just come off the back of 0-16, energised a franchise that hadnt had a quarterback since... the very early 2000s (if even then)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

baker's a cocky dude who acts emotionally - that's his character flaw - that's it - he's not a bad teammate, he's not a complacent player, he just wears his heart on his sleeve and has outward confidence and arrogance

he disrespected the HC after his HC went to a division rival - that HC who was also the source of much division within his own organisation - and let's be frank it wasnt Hue Jackson who was picking baker, it was John Dorsey - if baker was Hue's guy, he would have started him week 1 but he didnt, he stuck with Tyrod because... reasons i guess

and its a team sport - I love that Lamar's only lost 2 career games but lets be real team wins isnt a very good indicator of qb quality

and what has baker done? what a ridiculous question - he lifted a team that had just come off the back of 0-16, energised a franchise that hadnt had a quarterback since... the very early 2000s (if even then)
the Browns haven't had a QB since Bernie Kosar

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
dude cowherd has had it in for mayfield since before the draft
and he has it more in for mayfield since mayfield called him out on his bullshit

i know a lot of people here love to hate mayfield because of the way he holds himself but beyond being cocky he's done literally nothing wrong in the league

To me, Baker completely won my respect when the Kansas fans AND players were being disrespectful to him first, then he goes out and lights them up, THEN he lets them have it by disrespecting them verbally and non-verbally. I LOVED it tbh.

I only hate him now because he's a Brown. Nothing more.....nothing less.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
It was 10 hours ago, but LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PatMan‏ @PatsFanB4Fam 10h10 hours ago
Patriots Nation find a moment today to send good energy into the universe regarding Antonio Brown. WE WILL NOT LET THESE FS1 ESPN OR TWITTER NARRATIVES HALT HIS CAREER. HE WILL NOT MISS 1 GAME AND WE WILL REWRITE THE WRONG FROM 12 YEARS AGO AND GO 19-0. LETS FUCKING GO!!!!!!!!!!!

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
It was 10 hours ago, but LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PatMan‏ @PatsFanB4Fam 10h10 hours ago
Patriots Nation find a moment today to send good energy into the universe regarding Antonio Brown. WE WILL NOT LET THESE FS1 ESPN OR TWITTER NARRATIVES HALT HIS CAREER. HE WILL NOT MISS 1 GAME AND WE WILL REWRITE THE WRONG FROM 12 YEARS AGO AND GO 19-0. LETS FUCKING GO!!!!!!!!!!!
They will probably just make another deal with the devil and end up getting Ramsey. Yeah, I am a pessimistic bastard.

Tank

Hall of Famer
To me, Baker completely won my respect when the Kansas fans AND players were being disrespectful to him first, then he goes out and lights them up, THEN he lets them have it by disrespecting them verbally and non-verbally. I LOVED it tbh.

Have to disagree on this one. Mayfield’s an asshole through and through and will eventually hurt his team with his attitude. Much better to have a confident, but humble guy like Lamar where you don’t need to worry about his mouth or off field stupidity.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

With respect, I vehemently disagree because I would hate this punk regardless of where he played. I think in terms of proportionality he fails every test. He isn't good enough to be arrogant first and foremost. But, his cloak of confidence is nothing but that, covering insecurity and incompetence. He is a punk and empty vessel any way you slice it.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
With respect, I vehemently disagree because I would hate this punk regardless of where he played. I think in terms of proportionality he fails every test. He isn't good enough to be arrogant first and foremost. But, his cloak of confidence is nothing but that, covering insecurity and incompetence. He is a punk and empty vessel any way you slice it.
Plus, pigeon-toed quarterbacks aren't that good anyway.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero

·
Browns DE Myles Garrett was fined $42,112 for two roughing the passer penalties on [URL='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jets?src=hashtag_click']#Jets QB Trevor Siemian, who suffered a season-ending ankle injury on the latter. $21,056 for each infraction.[/URL]

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

·
#Vikings WR Stefon Diggs was fined $10,527 for unsportsmanlike conduct, taking off his helmet on the field.

[URL='https://twitter.com/RapSheet']Ian Rapoport
[URL='https://twitter.com/RapSheet']@RapSheet
[/URL][/URL]
Fine: #Steelers LB Bud Dupree was fined $21,056 for a hit on a quarterback, his uncalled shot to #Seahawks

QB Russell Wilson’s head. Dupree apologized after the hit.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero

·
Browns DE Myles Garrett was fined $42,112 for two roughing the passer penalties on #Jets QB Trevor Siemian, who suffered a season-ending ankle injury on the latter. $21,056 for each infraction.

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

·
#Vikings WR Stefon Diggs was fined $10,527 for unsportsmanlike conduct, taking off his helmet on the field.

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

Fine: #Steelers LB Bud Dupree was fined $21,056 for a hit on a quarterback, his uncalled shot to #Seahawks

QB Russell Wilson’s head. Dupree apologized after the hit.
GArrett is turning out to be dirty. Somebody has to replace Burfict I guess.