• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
U missed the best part in the subtweets.
Weddle: I don't need to cover him. Isnt on a team
AB84: U need some attention lil man glad I put that stuff arm in your neck in pittsburgh u deserved it Lil Weedle
Weddle: Hahahahhaahaha. AB. When are u gonna learn that it isnt about you. Never was and never will be. Got a game to get ready for. Good luck my guy!
Edit: Ab84:
Screenshot_20190926_233121_com.twitter.android.png

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
U missed the best part in the subtweets.
Weddle: I don't need to cover him. Isnt on a team
AB84: U need some attention lil man glad I put that stuff arm in your neck in pittsburgh u deserved it Lil Weedle
Weddle: Hahahahhaahaha. AB. When are u gonna learn that it isnt about you. Never was and never will be. Got a game to get ready for. Good luck my guy!
Edit: Ab84: View attachment 1732
Didn't see that you had posted this too. Props to Weddle.

Reactions: cdp

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

• JALEN RAMSEYDB, JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

Speaking on his podcast, Jalen Ramsey said his trade request still stands.
    Ramsey, who hasn't been practicing for a variety of reasons this week, including a back issue, said he's unsure if he's played his final game for the Jaguars. Ramsey has avoided going scorched earth, but it is painfully obvious he desperately wants out. The Jags, for their part, are understandably refusing to sell low. They're trying to smoke out better offers. Ramsey should be elsewhere before the deadline, but it could take a few weeks.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    Sep 26, 2019, 8:14 PM ET

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
JAY AJAYIRB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

Ian Rapoport reports that former Dolphins and Eagles RB Jay Ajayi (knee) is fully recovered from ACL surgery.
Specifically, Rapoport stated, "Ajayi has informed all 32 teams that he is ready for game action and fully recovered from ACL surgery, source said. His market could heat up quickly." His limitations as a receiver make it unlikely Ajayi walks into a three-down role, but his early-down ability could perhaps be helpful in the right situation.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter.
Sep 27, 2019, 3:44 PM ET

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Report: Jay Gruden could be the first coach fired this season depending on Sunday's gsme against the Giants. New report also says coaching staff and front office were split on drafting Haskins. Front office wanted him, coaching staff did not.

So typical day by an organization run by Dan Snyder.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Report: Jay Gruden could be the first coach fired this season depending on Sunday's gsme against the Giants. New report also says coaching staff and front office were split on drafting Haskins. Front office wanted him, coaching staff did not.

Well a lot of teams that were drafting in front of the Skins took a pass on drafting Haskins. I was convinced they was gonna have to move up and get him. Could be a good reason. Also Haskins not starting yet...………...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

this really isn't new information, but agree this is typical out of the Potomac Drainage Basin.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

Seriously who gives a smelly fart what happens to Jay Gruden or any Gruden for that matter?

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

• JALEN RAMSEYDB, JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

Speaking on his podcast, Jalen Ramsey said his trade request still stands.
    Ramsey, who hasn't been practicing for a variety of reasons this week, including a back issue, said he's unsure if he's played his final game for the Jaguars. Ramsey has avoided going scorched earth, but it is painfully obvious he desperately wants out. The Jags, for their part, are understandably refusing to sell low. They're trying to smoke out better offers. Ramsey should be elsewhere before the deadline, but it could take a few weeks.

Sep 26, 2019, 8:14 PM ET
A few weeks? No problem. We'll wait.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ramsey was originally a Safety in college right?

I have dreams of a hybrid Safety next to Thomas moving around the field as he pleases......

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ramsey was originally a Safety in college right?

I have dreams of a hybrid Safety next to Thomas moving around the field as he pleases......
Could've drafted Derwin James instead of Hurst...(I know the trades were necessary to accumulate our other selections)

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
It appears that Brown is going to go after the Patriots and Raiders for money....

What a sad way to go out. All he had to do was lay low and any team would have called him in a heart beat. Brown is 2-3 years away from being either in the top 10 or just outside of it in receiving yards and touchdowns.

What a shame, that guy is really going through something and I hate seeing talent not be on the field

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
It appears that Brown is going to go after the Patriots and Raiders for money....

What a sad way to go out. All he had to do was lay low and any team would have called him in a heart beat. Brown is 2-3 years away from being either in the top 10 or just outside of it in receiving yards and touchdowns.

What a shame, that guy is really going through something and I hate seeing talent not be on the field
He very well could be the best receiver, he is in his prime, and no team will touch him. What a waste!

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
finally

VONTAZE BURFICT
LB, OAKLAND RAIDERS

NFL suspended Raiders LB Vontaze Burfict for the remainder of the 2019 season for repeated violations of the league's unnecessary roughness rules.
Burfict's suspension will cover the remainder of Oakland's 2019 slate including the postseason, should the Raiders advance that far. His ban stems from an illegal hit on Jack Doyle in Sunday's win over Indianapolis. "Following each of your previous rule violations, you were warned by me and each of the jointly-appointed appeal officers that future violations would result in escalated accountability measures," NFL VP of Football Operations Jon Runyan explained in his letter to Burfict. "However, you have continued to flagrantly abuse rules designated to protect yourself and your opponents from unnecessary risk." Burfict's vicious hit on Doyle was just the latest in a career marred by countless cheap shots on defenseless opponents. The linebacker's agent, Lamont Smith, confirms he'll appeal the NFL's ruling, though Burfict's litany of past transgressions obviously won't help his cause.

Sep 30, 2019, 11:49 AM ET

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
JALEN RAMSEY
DB, JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

*** of CBS Sports reports the Jaguars turned down an offer of two first-round picks for Jalen Ramsey.
That would be a massive haul, even for a player of Ramsey's elite caliber, though apparently it still wasn't enough to move the needle for the Jags, who have so far been reluctant to trade their star corner. La Canfora notes the offer came from a contending team, meaning the picks would likely be late first-rounders. It's hard to imagine the Jaguars getting a better offer for Ramsey, who has stood firm in his desire to be traded. It doesn't look like the Ramsey saga in Jacksonville will be ending anytime soon.

SOURCE: CBS Sports
Sep 30, 2019, 8:19 AM ET

Obviously fake, considering the source. I now fully expect Ramsey trade out of JAX this week