• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
49ers fans about to take that stadium over.
every game the Skins stadium has been taken over. Being taken over by a CA based team will be a total slap in the face and it will happen.

I'm looking forward to wearing my Purple and Black their next season. Probably get them pretty cheap also.

Last edited:

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
every game the Skins stadium has been taken over. Being taken over by a CA based team will be a total slap in the face and it will happen.
Looking at the rest of the home schedule, I think the Jets will be the only team that won't take that stadium over. Lions fans kinda travel well. LOTS of Eagles fans like always. And there is always a very good contingent of NY Giant blue too.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Looking at the rest of the home schedule, I think the Jets will be the only team that won't take that stadium over. Lions fans kinda travel well. LOTS of Eagles fans like always. And there is always a very good contingent of NY Giant blue too.
Bears were all over the stadium as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Jets fans also were the majority. Can't wait to find out.

I'm looking forward to wearing my Purple and Black their next season. Probably get them pretty cheap also.

I'm in for that game depending on when it is. Bonus points for anyone who wears a Ravens RG3 jersey to that one.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
That 3rd round comp pick back on track:

• C.J. MOSLEYLB, NEW YORK JETS

C.J. Mosley (groin) told reporters Thursday he plans to return for Monday night's Week 7 game against New England.
    It will be his first game action since Week 1 when he returned an interception for a touchdown in a loss to Buffalo. An All-Pro selection in four of his first five seasons, Mosley should be an immediate difference-maker for the Jets, who haven't exactly been a defensive juggernaut this year.

SOURCE: Eric Allen on Twitter
    Oct 17, 2019, 2:26 PM ET

Reactions: cdp

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
KENYAN DRAKERB, MIAMI DOLPHINS

The Miami Herald reports Kenyan Drake is "available for a draft pick."
Per reporter Barry Jackson, extension talks "went nowhere." It's not exactly a surprise Drake would have zero interest in re-upping in Miami. He is a strong bet to be dealt before the Oct. 29 trade deadline, though he is unlikely to fetch more than a day-three pick. Perhaps the Dolphins could snag a fourth-rounder.

SOURCE: Barry Jackson on Twitter
Oct 17, 2019, 2:22 PM ET

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
That 3rd round comp pick back on track:

• C.J. MOSLEYLB, NEW YORK JETS

C.J. Mosley (groin) told reporters Thursday he plans to return for Monday night's Week 7 game against New England.
    It will be his first game action since Week 1 when he returned an interception for a touchdown in a loss to Buffalo. An All-Pro selection in four of his first five seasons, Mosley should be an immediate difference-maker for the Jets, who haven't exactly been a defensive juggernaut this year.

SOURCE: Eric Allen on Twitter
    Oct 17, 2019, 2:26 PM ET
I thought we were getting a 3rd for ZDS and Mosley's was eliminated because of Earl. Not sure what is going on now

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I thought we were getting a 3rd for ZDS and Mosley's was eliminated because of Earl. Not sure what is going on now

it cancels out the higher one so when CJ dropped down to a 4 we cancelled out ZDS - if they are both 3s it doesnt matter which one we get because they are right next to each other on the scale

now that CJ is back up to a 3 it will cancel out the higher one which is probably CJ again (by .5m/yr

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
it cancels out the higher one so when CJ dropped down to a 4 we cancelled out ZDS - if they are both 3s it doesnt matter which one we get because they are right next to each other on the scale

now that CJ is back up to a 3 it will cancel out the higher one which is probably CJ again (by .5m/yr
the Trent Brown possible suspension due to Domestic Violence may put his 3rd round comp pick in jeopardy for the Pats.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Patrick Mahomes
recurring ankle injury is reportedly a bigger deal than previously thought

per CBS

The star Chiefs quarterback has aggravated a Week 1 ailment several times in recent weeks

Man - there was a time when the Redskins was the toughest ticket in the NFL.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Patrick Mahomes
recurring ankle injury is reportedly a bigger deal than previously thought

per CBS

The star Chiefs quarterback has aggravated a Week 1 ailment several times in recent weeks

Then he injures it on a QB sneak and had to leave the game. Reports say best case scenario is he misses three weeks if there is no damage, and worst case is well worst case, done for the year.

https://nfltraderumors.co/chiefs-qb-patrick-mahomes-out-with-knee-injury/

Chiefs Remaining Schedule:
Week 8: vs Packers
Week 9: vs Vikings
Week 10: @ Titans
Week 11: @ Chargers (MNF)
Week 12: BYE
Week 13: vs Raiders
Week 14: @ Patriots
Week 15: vs Broncos
Week 16: @ Bears
Week 17: vs Chargers

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

• PATRICK MAHOMESQB, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Patrick Mahomes' dislocated right kneecap will cost him a minimum of three weeks.
    On Friday Mahomes will undergo one of the most-anticipated MRIs in recent memory, which should determine the full extent of his knee injury. As dispiriting as his injury appeared in real time, there is "real optimism" Mahomes can return once the three weeks are up, though he'd likely be doing so at much less than 100 percent. In the absence of a trade or free-agent signing, it appears Matt Moore will carry the torch for Mahomes, who had already been playing through a high-ankle sprain before Thursday's setback. For what it's worth, sports injury expert David Chao believes the reigning MVP will eventually require offseason surgery.

RELATED: SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    Oct 18, 2019, 8:07 AM ET

Last edited:

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I turned the game on to see Flacco and he gave me everything that I expected.

Tight spiral throws in tight windows that make you wow that arm, and no pocket awareness that leads to sack fumbles.

Also a little throw your receiver into a DEATH lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

PATRICK PETERSONDB, ARIZONA CARDINALS

Appearing Friday morning on KMVP 98.7, Cardinals GM Steve Keim said Patrick Peterson won't be dealt at the upcoming trade deadline.
Peterson, who is set to return from a six-game PED suspension this week, has been the subject of recent trade rumblings, though Keim insists the long-tenured cornerback won't be going anywhere at or before the October 29 deadline. "We are not trading Patrick Peterson," Keim said, putting it bluntly. "Why trade a player in his prime at one of the hardest positions to find for a maybe or a couple maybes? Love what Pat brings to the locker room, love what he brings to the field." Peterson would undoubtedly attract widespread if the Cards made him available, though trading a franchise icon isn't something you do on a whim. Arizona's bleeding secondary could sure use some stability and Peterson is certainly capable of providing that.