• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

• PATRICK MAHOMESQB, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Patrick Mahomes' dislocated right kneecap will cost him a minimum of three weeks.
    On Friday Mahomes will undergo one of the most-anticipated MRIs in recent memory, which should determine the full extent of his knee injury. As dispiriting as his injury appeared in real time, there is "real optimism" Mahomes can return once the three weeks are up, though he'd likely be doing so at much less than 100 percent. In the absence of a trade or free-agent signing, it appears Matt Moore will carry the torch for Mahomes, who had already been playing through a high-ankle sprain before Thursday's setback. For what it's worth, sports injury expert David Chao believes the reigning MVP will eventually require offseason surgery.

RELATED:SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    Oct 18, 2019, 8:07 AM ET
This just sucks. They need to be exceedingly cautious about when to bring Mahomes back. This is the kind of injury that has the potential to recur. I really hope that he can safely return and isn't affected long-term. The league can't afford to lose such electric players as him.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor

PATRICK PETERSONDB, ARIZONA CARDINALS

Appearing Friday morning on KMVP 98.7, Cardinals GM Steve Keim said Patrick Peterson won't be dealt at the upcoming trade deadline.
Peterson, who is set to return from a six-game PED suspension this week, has been the subject of recent trade rumblings, though Keim insists the long-tenured cornerback won't be going anywhere at or before the October 29 deadline. "We are not trading Patrick Peterson," Keim said, putting it bluntly. "Why trade a player in his prime at one of the hardest positions to find for a maybe or a couple maybes? Love what Pat brings to the locker room, love what he brings to the field." Peterson would undoubtedly attract widespread if the Cards made him available, though trading a franchise icon isn't something you do on a whim. Arizona's bleeding secondary could sure use some stability and Peterson is certainly capable of providing that.

He has been trying to get out of there for a while now. I feel bad for him.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

If he ends up with the Patriots I will be totally pissed. I'd prefer the Packers if it wasn't us.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Mahomes MRI revealed dislocated kneecap but no significant additional damage

https://clutchpoints.com/chiefs-new...kneecap-but-no-significant-additional-damage/

Ian Rapoport

✔@RapSheet

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1185238329723367425

The MRI has confirmed the #Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes suffered a dislocated kneecap, but not significant additional damage, sources tell me and @JamesPalmerTV. He’ll seek additional opinions to be sure. The plan is for him to return this season after a brief absence.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
upload_2019-10-19_12-33-53.png

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Titans just released Urban. That sucks because we will lose one of our comp picks and we had 3rd and a 4th round comp.

This is from overthecap back in May.
Baltimore: Brent Urban was a late signing by Tennessee that reopened a 4th round comp pick to the Ravens for John Brown. But Urban gets cut, Baltimore may have to respond with cutting Bethel in order to preserve that 4th rounder.

I don't see us cutting Bethel, especially since Brynden Trawick is on IR.

Last edited:

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Titans just released Urban. That sucks because we will lose one of our comp picks and we had 3rd and a 4th round comp.

Baltimore: Brent Urban was a late signing by Tennessee that reopened a 4th round comp pick to the Ravens for John Brown. But Urban gets cut, Baltimore may have to respond with cutting Bethel in order to preserve that 4th rounder.

Dammit!!!!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

JEFFERY SIMMONSDL, TENNESSEE TITANS

Titans activated DT Jeffery Simmons (knee) from the reserve/NFI list.
Simmons was expected to miss his entire rookie year after a pre-Combine ACL surgery. He returned to practice this week and showed well enough to be activated off NFI. It's an impressive recovery from Simmons, but the Titans will likely ease him in with low snap counts. A projected top-15 pick before his injury, Simmons has the talent to make an impact down the stretch.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

we've got until week 10 to cut bethel to recoup that pick

im really surprised that urban was superfluous to the titans - i know they're getting the rookie back early but really surprised that urban hasnt been making an impact given how important he was to our defence last year

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
we've got until week 10 to cut bethel to recoup that pick

im really surprised that urban was superfluous to the titans - i know they're getting the rookie back early but really surprised that urban hasnt been making an impact given how important he was to our defence last year
yeah, I believe he only had 62 snaps and that surprises me. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him resigned once he clears waivers.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

JOSH GORDONWR, NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

ESPN's Mike Reiss reports Josh Gordon isn't expected to play in Week 7 against the Jets.
Gordon didn't practice after getting knocked out of Week 6. He's not dealing with a major knee injury, but he's going to miss at least one game. Julian Edelman and Phillip Dorsett will see increased targets in Gordon's absence. The Patriots are also expected to be without their top two tight ends this week.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The Crew doing the Louisville Clemson game did a straw poll on who was the best Louisville player of all time and Lamar Jackson won.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
According to someone with these three little initials ... , Jerry Jones is interested in Lincoln Riley as the successor to Garrett.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
https://twitter.com/BrianCoz/status/1185657194697646082

so 2 independent doctors have not cleared KO for practice/play but the jets have fined him for missing practice for a documented injury...

got to think the NFLPA is going to have a field day with this... and what free agents would want to sign with a team that fines them for missing practice when in excruciating pain that might require surgery

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
https://twitter.com/BrianCoz/status/1185657194697646082

so 2 independent doctors have not cleared KO for practice/play but the jets have fined him for missing practice for a documented injury...

got to think the NFLPA is going to have a field day with this... and what free agents would want to sign with a team that fines them for missing practice when in excruciating pain that might require surgery
Yeah, I was wondering about that, too on one page back :p