• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The Athletic's Connor Hughes reports the Redskins are "pretty set" on a second-round pick in exchange for LT Trent Williams.
A Jets reporter, Hughes believes this has Gang Green out of the running for Washington's longtime left tackle. Williams is also believed to be seeking a $20-million-per-year extension. A second-round pick is a perfectly reasonable demand, but Washington was much more likely to get that last year. Instead, they were pigheaded and forced Williams to sit out.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
ESPN's Adam Schefter confirms free agent Tom Brady is expected to sign with the Buccaneers.
"There's no signing date or announcement officially set up, but Brady is expected to be a Buccaneer," Schefter reported. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport piggybacked with a report that Brady is expected to fetch "roughly" $30 million per season. It's possible there is a mystery team or two, but with the Patriots out of the running and Brady believed to have ruled out the Chargers, the Bucs are the only game in town for the NFL icon. It should become official some time within the next 24 hours, and likely as early as Tuesday evening.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
ESPN's Adam Schefter confirms free agent Tom Brady is expected to sign with the Buccaneers.
"There's no signing date or announcement officially set up, but Brady is expected to be a Buccaneer," Schefter reported. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport piggybacked with a report that Brady is expected to fetch "roughly" $30 million per season. It's possible there is a mystery team or two, but with the Patriots out of the running and Brady believed to have ruled out the Chargers, the Bucs are the only game in town for the NFL icon. It should become official some time within the next 24 hours, and likely as early as Tuesday evening.
Living in FL, I got a number of friends who are Bucs fans. I'm happy for all of them. Lord knows they need SOMETHING good for a change.

Nurps

MVP
Living in FL, I got a number of friends who are Bucs fans. I'm happy for all of them. Lord knows they need SOMETHING good for a change.

hard same. It’s gonna be amusing because most of my buddies here in Tampa are Brady haters. That’s gonna change real quick.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Bucs season tickets going fast now that they have Brady. I pulled up the website for giggles, 2292 people are in front of me now.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
tbh it just sounds like brady wanted the opportunity to bug out of there if they couldnt get the pieces around him - he's been stuck with lacklustre surrounding talent for 2-3 years now and so last year wanted the freedom to be able to hit free agency - pats didnt have the ability to add pieces so brady gets the opportunity to pick a spot he likes - tampa bay might have the best WR duo in football and an ok OL with some parts on defence and a coaching environment that's almost the polar opposite of BB in bruce arians which is probably nicer when you're a 40+ yr old qb looking for 1 or 2 final rides

idk that it was acrimonious at all - TB wants to keep playing but doesnt want to be part of a rebuild - pats want TB but dont want to pay top dollar for a QB clearly on the decline the last 2 years (albeit not falling off a cliff) and certainly not the future of their franchise
So you needed two full paragraphs to shred my thoughtful discourse? If I were you I would have done it in a sentence such as - 'You my friend are full of hypothetical dong'

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
hard same. It’s gonna be amusing because most of my buddies here in Tampa are Brady haters. That’s gonna change real quick.
A couple of my friends already changed up their energy lol. A third (who I routinely text about basically anything NFL stuff) likes the Pats because his dad's a Pats fan so he's ecstatic that his boy is now the franchise QB of his Bucs.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Poor Patriots, they tried their best to keep Tom but after failing to acquire Diggs or Hopkins, they have now settled for former Cardinals WR Damiere Byrd.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Poor Patriots, they tried their best to keep Tom but after failing to acquire Diggs or Hopkins, they have now settled for former Cardinals WR Damiere Byrd.
giphy.gif

JO_75

Hall of Famer
One year ago, Broncos traded a 4th Round pick for Joe Flacco. Now the Broncos are expected to trade or release Joe by the end of the week.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Cowboys signed DT Gerald McCoy, formerly of the Panthers, to a three-year contract.
McCoy's counting stats lacked in his lone season with the Panthers but the 32-year-old interior beast still popped on tape to the naked eye. He's a necessary (and, frankly, surprising) addition for the Cowboys following the losses of Robert Quinn and Maliek Collins in free agency. Dallas DC Mike Nolan will undoubtedly ask McCoy to move across their trenches as he's more than capable of playing in any 5-, 3- or 1-technique on the line of scrimmage. He'll look to keep his current streak of five sacks in each of the last eight seasons going with his third squad in as many years.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Cowboys signed DT Gerald McCoy, formerly of the Panthers, to a three-year contract.
McCoy's counting stats lacked in his lone season with the Panthers but the 32-year-old interior beast still popped on tape to the naked eye. He's a necessary (and, frankly, surprising) addition for the Cowboys following the losses of Robert Quinn and Maliek Collins in free agency. Dallas DC Mike Nolan will undoubtedly ask McCoy to move across their trenches as he's more than capable of playing in any 5-, 3- or 1-technique on the line of scrimmage. He'll look to keep his current streak of five sacks in each of the last eight seasons going with his third squad in as many years.
Ever since that ugly man spurned the pretty Raven at the altar to choose a toothless panther I dislike him. But curiosity has me wonder if the Ravens even bothered to reach out to him. I doubt it because we are all prideful bastards.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Ever since that ugly man spurned the pretty Raven at the altar to choose a toothless panther I dislike him. But curiosity has me wonder if the Ravens even bothered to reach out to him. I doubt it because we are all prideful bastards.
doubtful after signing both Campbell and Brockers.