• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tampa Bay meet the other TB, Tom Brady. Brady to sign with the Bucs tomorrow.

hmmm... Okung tweeted Brady was headed to LAC. It also made a ton of sense given the new stadium, selling of psls, his movie company and the market etc. but I guess Cowturd has a better source.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
That 5 year $100M deal Amari signed is really just a two year deal as Dallas can get out pretty easily.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
hmmm... Okung tweeted Brady was headed to LAC. It also made a ton of sense given the new stadium, selling of psls, his movie company and the market etc. but I guess Cowturd has a better source.

He later said it was only his opinion, and that he loves Tyrod as well and the Chargers can win with him too.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Can any of you guys or girls fill me in on what went down in New England to sour the Relationship with Brady for him to say he is not coming back. Is it just money? I thought they had the cap room. Did something go down with Belichick?

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Can any of you guys or girls fill me in on what went down in New England to sour the Relationship with Brady for him to say he is not coming back. Is it just money? I thought they had the cap room. Did something go down with Belichick?
No they have roughly 10m. So far they've signed Thuney, Slater and the McCourtys. Only 1 top 70 pick and a couple of 3rds.
No reason to come back, if he doesn't want to face the same situation as last year.

JO_75

Hall of Famer

Does it matter lol, it's the end of the Patriots dynasty for however long. Apparently Brady was concerned with the lack of weapons for him to play with in New England, after last season I don't blame him. Pats tried to trade for Hopkins and Diggs in order to lure Brady back but once those failed, Brady was going elsewhere. He goes to Tampa who has a load of weapons for him to throw to. Brady to Mike Evans, Brady to OJ Howard, Brady to Godwin, a major upgrade over what he had last year. If Tampa works on that defense and offensive line, they are going to be a contender next year.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Dolphins tank, then go out and spend a bunch of money. Dolphins sign former Eagles RB Jordan Howard worth $10M on a two year deal.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
simmering egos finally came to a boil. BB didn't want TB to feel indispensable and TB was hurt by that sentiment is my guess. He wanted to treat TB like any other player and TB probably and rightfully believed he deserved more and especially last year with no weapons to throw to, he may have had arguments with BB and pissed him off. So they decided it was time to move on their separate ways. So TB is no longer a Patriot. All conjecture of course.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
simmering egos finally came to a boil. BB didn't want TB to feel indispensable and TB was hurt by that sentiment is my guess. He wanted to treat TB like any other player and TB probably and rightfully believed he deserved more and especially last year with no weapons to throw to, he may have had arguments with BB and pissed him off. So they decided it was time to move on their separate ways. So TB is no longer a Patriot. All conjecture of course.

tbh it just sounds like brady wanted the opportunity to bug out of there if they couldnt get the pieces around him - he's been stuck with lacklustre surrounding talent for 2-3 years now and so last year wanted the freedom to be able to hit free agency - pats didnt have the ability to add pieces so brady gets the opportunity to pick a spot he likes - tampa bay might have the best WR duo in football and an ok OL with some parts on defence and a coaching environment that's almost the polar opposite of BB in bruce arians which is probably nicer when you're a 40+ yr old qb looking for 1 or 2 final rides

idk that it was acrimonious at all - TB wants to keep playing but doesnt want to be part of a rebuild - pats want TB but dont want to pay top dollar for a QB clearly on the decline the last 2 years (albeit not falling off a cliff) and certainly not the future of their franchise