• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JO_75

Hall of Famer
That's a large amount of cap space randomly opened up by the Texans. From our old friend Aaron Wilson:

Texans now have $22.423 million in salary-cap space available after recently restructuring Angelo Blackson, Senio Kelemete and Zach Fulton contracts

JO_75

Hall of Famer
First ACL injury of Training Camp... in Dallas. Defensive Tackle Gerald McCoy looked to suffered a torn ACL. Per Rap Sheet:

#Cowboys DL Gerald McCoy is feared to have torn his ACL during practice today, sources tell me and @SlaterNFL. He’ll have an MRI that will tell the full story, and nothing is known until then. But that’s the initial word following the incident.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
First ACL injury of Training Camp... in Dallas. Defensive Tackle Gerald McCoy looked to suffered a torn ACL. Per Rap Sheet:

#Cowboys DL Gerald McCoy is feared to have torn his ACL during practice today, sources tell me and @SlaterNFL. He’ll have an MRI that will tell the full story, and nothing is known until then. But that’s the initial word following the incident.

As an update to this he has a ruptured right quad and is done for the season.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
After missing 2019 with a broken leg....

49ers injury news, another big hit to their WR core. Deebo Samuels suffered a Jones Fracture in his Left Foot putting his availability in doubt for the start of the season. Richie James Jr, who also is the 49ers return man suffered a broken right wrist.

Last edited:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Bengals free agent addition CB Trae Waynes will miss the first part of the 2020 season with a torn pectoral.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
my word, joe judge going full modern day dinosaur cliche with overly-physical practices, players and coaches running penalty laps, pulling names off jerseys

its like he learned nuance from the letterman/HS football coach twitter accounts

this will all end in tears unless the players buy in, in which case it will all end in a whimper in 3 years time when the players are inevitably fed up with his methods

people defend him by saying that coughlin and bellicheck were authoritarians too but bellicheck didnt do and doesnt do this sort of stuff, he's not shouty or cliched and he doesnt do penalty laps or any of this, he just doesnt take any shit from his players but he still treats them like adults

joe judge is treating his professional athletes like they are children and its a young team so maybe he'll get enough buy in but i really doubt it

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Yeah this isn't good when it comes to testing. Apparently the NFL is running into a good amount of false positives for COVID-19. This lab in Jersey needs to be looked into, if there is this amount of false positives for NFL teams, how many residents in Jersey did the testing that got sent to this lab and was told they tested positive but now looks it could have been a false positive?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah this isn't good when it comes to testing. Apparently the NFL is running into a good amount of false positives for COVID-19. This lab in Jersey needs to be looked into, if there is this amount of false positives for NFL teams, how many residents in Jersey did the testing that got sent to this lab and was told they tested positive but now looks it could have been a false positive?

tbf it seems like given it's all coming at the same time that it should probably be thought of as one contamination or false event vs being thought of as each test individually

either it's one bad batch of testing or it's a structural problem which would suggest this should have already happened which makes me think its the first

what's a positive sign is that the protocols seem to have been pretty strong to deal with this fact - browns put the protocols in place immediately, all other affected teams seem to have moved practice to try and resolve the issue before they practice and have found some negatives - the bills have players who will basically miss one practice period as long as they get a 2nd negative test tomorrow

not sure if the ravens are impacted - i know washington have already said (via sources) that they dont use that lab

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
tbf it seems like given it's all coming at the same time that it should probably be thought of as one contamination or false event vs being thought of as each test individually

either it's one bad batch of testing or it's a structural problem which would suggest this should have already happened which makes me think its the first

what's a positive sign is that the protocols seem to have been pretty strong to deal with this fact - browns put the protocols in place immediately, all other affected teams seem to have moved practice to try and resolve the issue before they practice and have found some negatives - the bills have players who will basically miss one practice period as long as they get a 2nd negative test tomorrow

not sure if the ravens are impacted - i know washington have already said (via sources) that they dont use that lab
we should put COVID news under a separate thread. I agree with you that it does seem that it is one contamination that lead to each false positive.