• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Another HUGE MEGA CONTRACT for a defensive player. Joey Bosa is tied to the Chargers for the next 6 years.

I tell you after seeing this and Miles Garrett getting that ridiculous contract this is all on the owners. We're jumping that pay up by 20-25% for passrushers and then jeezus pete the Mahomes contract. Talk about payraises ferchrissakes.

Damn that is a huge blow to that defense. Trade Jamal Adams, then your highly paid LB opts out. Jets will have to use one of their first round picks on a LB for sure next year.

Wonder if there will be a starting QB who opts out?

Stafford just got placed on Covid IR list

JO_75

Hall of Famer
From Giants Beat Writer Pat Leonard:

BREAKING NEWS: #Giants corner DeAndre Baker has been charged with four counts of robbery with a firearm, per Broward State Attorney Mike Satz. If convicted, the punishment for robbery with a firearm is a mandatory minimum of 10 years and up to life in state prison.

ALSO: Broward prosecutors have declined to Seahawks corner Quinton Dunbar, 28, due to "insufficient
evidence."

In other Giants news.... Special Teams Captain and Long Snapper Zak DeOssie has announced his retirement.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Mega deal alert..... per Rap Sheet:

The #49ers & star TE George Kittle are in agreement on a 5-year, $75M extension, sources tell me & @MikeSilver, one that gives him more than half of it in guarantees. Language is being worked on, but numbers are there. One of their top players, this was a big-time priority

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Mega deal alert..... per Rap Sheet:

The #49ers & star TE George Kittle are in agreement on a 5-year, $75M extension, sources tell me & @MikeSilver, one that gives him more than half of it in guarantees. Language is being worked on, but numbers are there. One of their top players, this was a big-time priority
Kelce got his extension as well...

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Well @JAAM , Everson Griffen won't go from a purple team to the purple team. Instead......

What makes it even worse is he went to the Cowboys. We still have some more #SIIE’s brother. Let’s not fret

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Kelce got his extension as well...

That was fast. I was wondering if Kelce would ask for a new contract next year based off Kittle's deal. But seriously, at one point the Chiefs had only $177 in available cap space in March.

Now they got deals done with Mahomes, Chris Jones & now Kelce? Where they getting this extra money from?