• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Gregg Williams was like....

eod6mdyx4aeys14-copy.jpg
So I liked what Rex Ryan said on Get Up. He was like not only was it a bad play call, but it was also poorly executed.

They showed a slow mo of the post snap activity, and like there's one linebacker (or I guess its a Safety, but I don't really know) who basically doesn't even rush. He just stands there, like 5 yards off the ball, and looks like either he doesn't know what to do or thinks he should be spying the QB (which is Derek Carr, so yeah, he ain't running). Because he doesn't rush, and most of the rush, inexpicably, is coming from the outside, Carr has the ability to actually step up in the pocket, which should pretty much never happen when you're rushing 7 or 8. Then the linebacker like finally collapses down when he sees Carr stepping up, a good 2-3 seconds too late, and then he does some flailing little jump thing to make it seem like he's going to knock down Carr's pass.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Holy... who wrote this contract? That is a terrible contract, the Eagles theoretically can not get rid of Wentz if they wanted to without damaging their cap.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Get a load of this guy....

The comments some of these Steelers players have made about this while in a middle of a pandemic is nothing but selfish millionaires who are so out of touch with the rest of the world. They definitely need some karma to come their way.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
this kind of stuff from a senior figure like that does not bode well for Doug Pederson’s future
It surely doesn't. It's astonishing to see how quickly these birds have fallen off since their ultimate victory in 2017. I mentioned this in previous pages but I have no idea what's causing Wentz to regress season after season. To me, it's gotta be the combination of the loss of Frank Reich (Eagles fans bring that up), injuries to Wentz, lack of personnel (partly also due to injuries), etc.

Really intriguing for a team that we only have to worry about once every four years, ain't it?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It surely doesn't. It's astonishing to see how quickly these birds have fallen off since their ultimate victory in 2017. I mentioned this in previous pages but I have no idea what's causing Wentz to regress season after season. To me, it's gotta be the combination of the loss of Frank Reich (Eagles fans bring that up), injuries to Wentz, lack of personnel (partly also due to injuries), etc.

Really intriguing for a team that we only have to worry about once every four years, ain't it?

i dont know that he ever looked that great tbh - he had 1 season where he looked awesome but given the fact that nick foles then went and looked even more awesome on his way to superbowl MVP you have to wonder if the surrounding talent was just insanely crazy

what gets proven over and over is that OL can make or break your QB play - yes you want a great QB but the 2nd most important thing for any offence has to be the OL

Reich's important but definitely not that important

redrum52

Hall of Famer
So I liked what Rex Ryan said on Get Up. He was like not only was it a bad play call, but it was also poorly executed.

They showed a slow mo of the post snap activity, and like there's one linebacker (or I guess its a Safety, but I don't really know) who basically doesn't even rush. He just stands there, like 5 yards off the ball, and looks like either he doesn't know what to do or thinks he should be spying the QB (which is Derek Carr, so yeah, he ain't running). Because he doesn't rush, and most of the rush, inexpicably, is coming from the outside, Carr has the ability to actually step up in the pocket, which should pretty much never happen when you're rushing 7 or 8. Then the linebacker like finally collapses down when he sees Carr stepping up, a good 2-3 seconds too late, and then he does some flailing little jump thing to make it seem like he's going to knock down Carr's pass.

HORRIBLE execution.

There is a video showing that Williams actually does send pressure a lot more than you would think in hail mary situations.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Goodbye Qualcomm Stadium.... the former home of the Chargers is being torn down brick by brick. This will be done by 2021.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
this kind of stuff from a senior figure like that does not bode well for Doug Pederson’s future

Looks like based on the final games of 2020 games, the Eagles could pursue a new HC in 2021.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...der-pursuing-a-new-coach-for-2021-per-report/