• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Wellllll then......... @Ice Bowl

This is @Ice Bowl nervously wondering if Rodgers will be traded or retired the entire offseason.

giphy.gif

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I really like this trend of donating to player's favorite charities. Lions fans last donated $13 to Deshaun Watson's charity after the firing of Matt Patricia. They chose $13 because Matt Patricia's win record total was 13 wins.

Today, they are thanking Matthew Stafford by donating to Stafford's favorite charity, Acoustic Neuroma Association with $9, 9 of course being Stafford's jersey number.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.detroitnews.com/amp/6701127002

JO_75

Hall of Famer

ummmm where's the coverage of this... nfl.com and all the major outlets haven't even mentioned it - not even courtesy write-up and this supposedly happened over 24 hours ago

like wtf...

how is this not everywhere - how have the seahawks not even made a statement yet???

WTF......

How there is no media coverage? This is right up the media's alley in what they like to report, unbelievable. Guess Protesters will riot outside Seahawks' Headquarters now then the media will cover it.

Anyhow.... I'm all for a guaranteed life sentence for this POS.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
WTF......

How there is no media coverage? This is right up the media's alley in what they like to report, unbelievable. Guess Protesters will riot outside Seahawks' Headquarters now then the media will cover it.

i just dont understand why the seahawks havent said anything - it would be super easy for them to say something as simple as "we're aware of the situation regarding [insert player name] who is scheduled to be a free agent... we have made the decision we will not be re-signing him - we as an organisation take domestic violence incredibly seriously and needless to say, [insert player name]'s actions do not fit with our organisation's values - we wish and pray [insert victim's name] makes a full recovery and will support her"

tbh they dont even need to be that emphatic - just the fact they havent said anything as simple as 'we're aware of the situation and monitoring' - like i get the fact that he's a free agent - but he's technically a seahawk until the new league year

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

ummmm where's the coverage of this... nfl.com and all the major outlets haven't even mentioned it - not even courtesy write-up and this supposedly happened over 24 hours ago

like wtf...

how is this not everywhere - how have the seahawks not even made a statement yet???

WTF......

It takes an incredible kind of lowlife piece of shit to tell your girlfriend to bow to you, beat the shit out of her when she doesn't comply, and THEN say "I'm surprised you're still alive." Wheeler needs to be blackballed from the rest of the league.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
while he was eating dinner - dude thought she was dead and just sat down to eat a meal

It reminds me of the wrestler Chris Benoit. He killed his wife, then a full day later killed his son. On top of that, he was supposed to be at a WWE PPV where he contemplated still showing up to the PPV as if nothing happened.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
49ers seem to be the leading team in the Stafford sweepstakes. The only problem is they are trying to do the deal without giving up their first round pick in this year's draft.

JO_75

Hall of Famer

i guess he didnt like the hire then lol

Culley still accepted the job knowing it's a rebuild and Watson wanted out.

Anyway, what's crazier is the number of quarterbacks that could be on the move and how many more QB needy teams there are now.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Culley still accepted the job knowing it's a rebuild and Watson wanted out.

Anyway, what's crazier is the number of quarterbacks that could be on the move and how many more QB needy teams there are now.

the old gen of QBs are all aging out at the same time - there's a ton of quality young new guys but we'll see if there's enough of them to replace the outgoing guys

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
the old gen of QBs are all aging out at the same time - there's a ton of quality young new guys but we'll see if there's enough of them to replace the outgoing guys
Agree. But today's NFL is basically a faster version of college football. This should make it easier to find young guys.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Agree. But today's NFL is basically a faster version of college football. This should make it easier to find young guys.

i mean it's still dependent on the talent coming out but the last few years have added some talent to the league - 2017 and 2018 classes were pretty important in helping to revitalise a stagnating group of QBs

brees has retired
rivers has retired
big ben hasn't yet but is on his way out
brady's never gonna stop but maybe he will lol...

other than big ben the AFC has no incumbent old franchise QB
other than brady and Rodgers the NFC has on incumbent older franchise QBs left

so as long as there arent a ton of busts coming out the level of QB play is going to start improving again as the influx of talent becomes larger than the volume of outgoing franchise guys