• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
In Tampa lol. I guess that explains why they signed several receivers for Cam, I'm guessing BB knew this was coming.
Well I mean Edelman hasn't been a reliable player in several years, and he's certainly not an "alpha" receiver anymore.

They brought in several receivers because they easily had the weakest receiving (and TE) core in the entire NFL, and it wasn't close.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
More legal trouble... this time Aaron Donald.

That must have been terrifying! I literally would just fall over and play dead like an opossum.

https://www.wtae.com/article/aaron-donald-nfl-alleged-assault-pittsburgh-nightclub/36121081

"Pittsburgh police said in a blotter post on Wednesday that they were called to UPMC Mercy Hospital on Sunday around 1 p.m. for a man who wanted to report an assault.

Police said officers spoke with a male victim with facial injuries and an injury to one arm who said it happened in a bar somewhere on the South Side.

Pittsburgh Police do not name alleged victims of crime or the accused unless there are charges that have been filed.

Police said the victim told officers he did not know the exact location or time of day it occurred. He told police he accidentally bumped into another male at the bar who confronted him verbally. He says that male and another ended up punching and kicking him. The complainant admits to throwing a bottle of alcohol, but didn’t know if he had hit anyone."

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yep, Warriors would be my third option. I just wonder how long it will take them to come up with a new name, I know they are going to be the Football team through 2021 so perhaps 2022.
years ago before they were forced to stop being the skins I thought Warriors would be a good replacement name if they ever decided to change the name. When they were forced to change the name I thought getting away from anything Native American would be a good thing.

As a former fan of the Washington Redskins for over 30 years, and season ticket holder for 11 of those yrs, I still refer to them as the skins and was sorry to see that name go. I also know a few native americans that I met at tailgates in the past that consider them their favorite team and didn't consider the name offensive.

I'm surprised Redtails wasn't on the list as it was one of the top choices a year ago. That and Redwolves were both very popular. I like Aviators also for some reason, but feel Redtails and Redwolves work best because of the 'R' and they could continue to use the Hail to the song and update it a little and many of my skins fans would still be able to HTTR.

BTW, I didn't stop rooting for them because of their record. It had everything to do with the owner.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
https://www.wtae.com/article/aaron-donald-nfl-alleged-assault-pittsburgh-nightclub/36121081

"Pittsburgh police said in a blotter post on Wednesday that they were called to UPMC Mercy Hospital on Sunday around 1 p.m. for a man who wanted to report an assault.

Police said officers spoke with a male victim with facial injuries and an injury to one arm who said it happened in a bar somewhere on the South Side.

Pittsburgh Police do not name alleged victims of crime or the accused unless there are charges that have been filed.

Police said the victim told officers he did not know the exact location or time of day it occurred. He told police he accidentally bumped into another male at the bar who confronted him verbally. He says that male and another ended up punching and kicking him. The complainant admits to throwing a bottle of alcohol, but didn’t know if he had hit anyone."
Case closed on this one.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
years ago before they were forced to stop being the skins I thought Warriors would be a good replacement name if they ever decided to change the name. When they were forced to change the name I thought getting away from anything Native American would be a good thing.

As a former fan of the Washington Redskins for over 30 years, and season ticket holder for 11 of those yrs, I still refer to them as the skins and was sorry to see that name go. I also know a few native americans that I met at tailgates in the past that consider them their favorite team and didn't consider the name offensive.

I'm surprised Redtails wasn't on the list as it was one of the top choices a year ago. That and Redwolves were both very popular. I like Aviators also for some reason, but feel Redtails and Redwolves work best because of the 'R' and they could continue to use the Hail to the song and update it a little and many of my skins fans would still be able to HTTR.

BTW, I didn't stop rooting for them because of their record. It had everything to do with the owner.
My money is on them never coming up with a nickname. Frankly, nicknames don't really serve much of a purpose. Its a very "American" thing.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor

What about the Washington Snyders?
Any updates on Malik Hooker?
Idk how healthy he is. But he was one of my favorites in the 2017 draft.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

That list that McAfee shared wasn't the full list. Here it is and yes, it includes the Redtails.

https://www.audacy.com/1053thefan/sports/washington-football-team-wants-your-feedback-on-these-names

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really like the Redwolves.

I kinda like the team. Funny at first, but I’ve gotten used to it and enjoy not having some lame nickname or mascot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
That list that McAfee shared wasn't the full list. Here it is and yes, it includes the Redtails.

https://www.audacy.com/1053thefan/sports/washington-football-team-wants-your-feedback-on-these-names

I think red tails is a bad idea. I’m afraid it will only divide people further as some see it as forced political correctness and Ultimately tarnishing what those guys did in WW2.

I really think just keeping it as Washington football team works best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
My money is on them never coming up with a nickname. Frankly, nicknames don't really serve much of a purpose. Its a very "American" thing.
I'm going to have to completely disagree with you on this. First they absolutely will end up with a nickname and nicknames may not mean anything to you, but I'd guarantee skins fans or atleast 99.999999% of the team would like to refer to them as something other than Football Team.

If you were that skins fan and I know you aren't, you would be that .0000001% that wouldn't care.

Last I checked the NFL is played in the U.S, so if it's an American Thing to do to name the team, than it would be pretty normal as 31 other franchises have names and all of them are in the U.S.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
What about the Washington Snyders?

this one makes sense, but I believe the remaining fans would start rooting for new teams if this were to happen.
Idk how healthy he is. But he was one of my favorites in the 2017 draft.

He had an achilles injury and I'm not sure if he's ready, but agree if he is healthy and we can get him for a good price we should sign him.