• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

JO_75

Hall of Famer
But why would he go to New Orleans tho? Is it just BECAUSE of Payton?
Tampa would be a completely different team right now if Brees had retired. Brady almost signed with the Saints in 2020 but since Brees came back, Brady signed with Tampa. So Payton essentially gets what he wanted in 2020 but 3 years later.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
they're tanking for a better pick to make sure they get in on this year's QB class
they're also making sure he doesnt get injured and lock in some extra guaranteed money for next season so he's easier to get rid of if they want to
That last part is exactly it, if he were to get injured then his money is guaranteed for 2023 and 2024. As for the tanking, I could see them doing that next season and do what the Dolphins did. Unless the Bears get the 1st pick, then Raiders could trade with them and get Bryce Young.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That last part is exactly it, if he were to get injured then his money is guaranteed for 2023 and 2024. As for the tanking, I could see them doing that next season and do what the Dolphins did. Unless the Bears get the 1st pick, then Raiders could trade with them and get Bryce Young.

this is more than a 1 QB draft - you get anywhere around the top 5 and you've got a chance of making a move if you really like a guy

JO_75

Hall of Famer
this is more than a 1 QB draft - you get anywhere around the top 5 and you've got a chance of making a move if you really like a guy
Well if they really like Bryce Young, but depending on how the final draft order lands they could try jumping ahead of a team to take Stroud or another QB. Can't imagine what Davante Adams is feeling right now, dude said he wanted to play with Derek Carr so the Raiders paid him a ton of money, now he won't have Carr who was the only reason he wanted to be traded to the Raiders. I get eventually he would have went from Rodgers to Jordan Love if he stayed in Green Bay but still.

McDaniels is going to find his new Tebow isn't he? He did this in Denver too, shipped out Cutler then Brandon Marshall. He's about to trade Carr & Adams in the offseason for.... Anthony Richardson who is also a Florida Gator like Tebow and some receiver in the draft who will beat the Steelers in OT in the playoffs once again lol.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Well if they really like Bryce Young, but depending on how the final draft order lands they could try jumping ahead of a team to take Stroud or another QB. Can't imagine what Davante Adams is feeling right now, dude said he wanted to play with Derek Carr so the Raiders paid him a ton of money, now he won't have Carr who was the only reason he wanted to be traded to the Raiders. I get eventually he would have went from Rodgers to Jordan Love if he stayed in Green Bay but still.

McDaniels is going to find his new Tebow isn't he? He did this in Denver too, shipped out Cutler then Brandon Marshall. He's about to trade Carr & Adams in the offseason for.... Anthony Richardson who is also a Florida Gator like Tebow and some receiver in the draft who will beat the Steelers in OT in the playoffs once again lol.
he couldn't have stayed in Green Bay after Rodgers got his contract. They didn't have the cap space.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

I can see it now and I'm looking forward to it.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Or Joe Flacco gets Mike McDaniels fired by winning....

Joe Gibbs lost his first 5 games back in 1981. Would have been absolute stupidity if the owner of the skins, Jack Kent Cooke, had fired Gibbs back then.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Or Joe Flacco gets Mike McDaniels fired by winning....

Flacco has a history of destroying the Dolphins. Would be nostalgic to see him do it once more and cause them to self destruct.
This Jets/Dolphins game is a win-win for me.

-Jets win and I get to laugh at the Dolphins for doing exactly what we did last season. Difference is that our team was decimated to our 3rd stringers and practice squad players.
-Jets lose and Flacco knocks the Steelers out of the playoffs and gets revenge for the Christmas game in 2016.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Hmm, I wonder who the Jets will look at first: Jimmy G or Carr.

Looks like the link didn't show. No matter. The Jets have an offseason wishlist of QBs. Lamar, Jimmy G, and Carr. But it seems that another AFC team is looking at Jimmy G.......................................

..............and................Brady?