• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Lions beating the Packers put the Seahawks into the playoffs. As a thank you to the Lions, Seahawk fans are donating $12 to the Detroit Lions Foundation. I love that fan bases donating to other team's or player's foundation has become a thing.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
"I'm going to make that dude's life hell in practice every day," Wilson said, via SNY."
Stupid Zach Wilson is an overconfident, cocky son of a bi**h and the Jets should cut him and hope he goes to the CFL. I think that atitude of his, his ego is something you NEVER want in a QB. Fu** him

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
"I'm going to make that dude's life hell in practice every day," Wilson said, via SNY."
Stupid Zach Wilson is an overconfident, cocky son of a bi**h and the Jets should cut him and hope he goes to the CFL. I think that atitude of his, his ego is something you NEVER want in a QB. Fu** him
I watched the video. At first thought, I agreed with you. However, I actually don't have an issue with this. The veteran QB should have to at least compete for the starting role. It shouldn't be handed to them.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
I watched the video. At first thought, I agreed with you. However, I actually don't have an issue with this. The veteran QB should have to at least compete for the starting role. It shouldn't be handed to them.
Yeah. I agree with that. They can compete with Flacco and WHite, but if Wilson promises to make their lives miserable...

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Every Tom, Dick, and Harry that has anything to do with coaching in the NFL is interviewing for the HC job in Carolina, except Greg Roman, of course. If that doesn't smack Harbs across the face about his OC, nothing else will and we may as well get rid of the dude himself if he decides to keep Roman.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Their newest obsession is getting Lamar. Over my dead fucking body does my son leave the Ravens!
There's a reason I excluded his name from the conversation. Not a chance in hell that happens. A lot of non-Raven fans seem convinced that this is his last season not realizing we can tag him.......or.......give him the extension and put an end to this noise.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
There's a reason I excluded his name from the conversation. Not a chance in hell that happens. A lot of non-Raven fans seem convinced that this is his last season not realizing we can tag him.......or.......give him the extension and put an end to this noise.

It comes from an assumption that there must be some bad blood stopping the contract from happening

By all accounts there doesn’t seem to be

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
It comes from an assumption that there must be some bad blood stopping the contract from happening

By all accounts there doesn’t seem to be
Exactly. And EDC is on record that the top priority was to resume negotiations. I just don't see anything stopping that.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'll give 2 2nd rounders
maybe two 3rds that are conditional and could turn into a 2nd.

Derek Carr signed a three year, $120.5 million extension with the Raiders. $65.2 million is guaranteed of which $24.9 million is guaranteed at signing. If Carr is on the roster on the 3rd day of the waiver period in 2023, his 2023 base salary and $7.5 million of his 2024 base salary will be guaranteed. The extension created $500,000 in cap space for the Raiders in 2022.

Full contract details below