• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
it has nothing to do with VA

D.C. Council Chairman Phil Mendelson says he’s ready to support Mayor Muriel Bowser’s request that Congress sell or transfer the RFK Stadium campus to the city, but only on the condition that no future football stadium be built there.

Bowser has said she wants the large plot of land under city control so it can be used for housing, parks and recreation, and possibly a new stadium for the Washington Commanders. D.C. Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton has said she will introduce legislation to transfer the land, but only if Bowser and Mendelson both support it.
Yea that’s what I was reading but Joe 75 was saying even VA doesn’t want them in Ihis post

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
well I don't know if that's true, but I hope it is
Is really interesting because the argument was always stadiums bring in business , create jobs, etc etc …. Seems now there’s plenty of studies that prove otherwise. Not sure why anyone would meet an owner half way on some of these expensive stadiums

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Is really interesting because the argument was always stadiums bring in business , create jobs, etc etc …. Seems now there’s plenty of studies that prove otherwise. Not sure why anyone would meet an owner half way on some of these expensive stadiums
Somewhat unrelated, but there's been articles about key state senators largely committing to voting against a stadium built in VA for the Commanders...

As it were, the topic of stadium deals for pro football franchises, I think, is somewhat regional, and largely depends on where you're building. For example, there's a reason why the Giants/Jets stadium isn't built in downtown NYC, or why they'll likely never build a new Commanders stadium in downtown DC. Obviously cities have land issues with building a complex of size, but most major cities already have tourism that generates significant enough revenue that they don't need pro football franchises to drum up demand.

That being said, most of the cities these stadiums are built in very much DO need that economic stability. Anybody want to go to bat that St Louis or Oakland look like booming, smart economies at the moment, since they refused to participate in subsidizing stadiums for those teams? Not too many people I know out there saying "yeah, I can't wait for my vacation or tourism trip to Oakland this year".

There are smaller cities or areas where pro football franchises represent a large portion of the economy, and therefore subsidizing makes all the sense in the world. Other areas don't need it.

Its geographical.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Baker is a Carolina Panther...

I hope Baker leads the Panthers to a better record than whatever record Watson leads the Browns to whenever he plays. Baker is in a good place in Carolina, I will happily root for him when watching Panthers games... except ours.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Ah yes... Baker was too immmature and childish and his behavior divided the locker room... and Deshaun is a saint? They trying to save face by trying to say Baker was the problem to deflect from idk, all the character issues their new QB has? Now I really hope Baker goes off in week one and the Panthers win in a blowout.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Ah yes... Baker was too immmature and childish and his behavior divided the locker room... and Deshaun is a saint? They trying to save face by trying to say Baker was the problem to deflect from idk, all the character issues their new QB has? Now I really hope Baker goes off in week one and the Panthers win in a blowout.

I wish that clown franchise nothing but the worst. Fuck them and their fans

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

Zach Wilson will either have a MVP type of season (like 38 TDs to 5 INTs) or he'll regress from last year. There is no between now.

JO_75

Hall of Famer

Zach Wilson will either have a MVP type of season (like 38 TDs to 5 INTs) or he'll regress from last year. There is no between now.

Speaking as someone who is in their early 30's, there is nothing wrong with hooking up with an older woman. So for Zach to do so at his age.... respect but that goes out the window week 1.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

I mean the easy argument for them is... has Watson shown childish or immature behavior while with Houston? Or really given anybody any reason to question his ability as a QB?
I think fans overall do a pretty terrible job of blending these two concepts. There's a pretty long, lengthy, history of precedent of players being great teammates, players, even coaches, etc. who were total douche bags off the field. Our own franchise has a history of that for certain.

They want somebody who's mature and not childish IN THE LOCKER ROOM. Is there concern about that with Watson? The concern with Watson is he needs constant rub and tugs. But on gameday, he's been nothing but "elite" quite frankly.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Homie hopper is just mad she lost out on her free meal ticket. I have so much respect for Zach now

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Speaking as someone who is in their early 30's, there is nothing wrong with hooking up with an older woman. So for Zach to do so at his age.... respect but that goes out the window week 1.
yes, but he's got a gf and the real question is if the moms best friend is married. The other thing is it's your moms best friend....what were you thinking?????