• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The part where Jimmy says "he's prepared to do his part to make sure it doesn't come to that" is a huge statement to make and why I believe he is willing to give a hometown discount. Now how much of a discount, we may find out in the offseason, but I do think he will be a Raven the next couple seasons.

i think he'll wait until free agency to see if another team gives him astronomically more but if no deal blows him away he'll take less to stay is my guess

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I think Jimmy sees what is happening here, knows the system and most importantly when we had a chance to try to play hardball, didn't. He got all his money, no hassle. I think that's another part that is key in all this. Through all the injuries and what not, the team seems to have stood behind him the whole time and that can go a long way.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i think he'll wait until free agency to see if another team gives him astronomically more but if no deal blows him away he'll take less to stay is my guess
I agree, unless he feels comfortable what the Ravens offer, prior to free agency.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Chris Jones, no questions asked. We have needed an D-Lineman like him for years and if there was a way to get him I'd be pumped.
no question he would be my top choice and I wanted the Ravens to draft him. hell I was the one who totally backed Simmons in the 2019 draft.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah I’ll believe it when I see it. Anquan boldin and Derrick mason were both gonna retire if they didn’t return to Baltimore, Gary kubiak was building something special here, Terrell Suggs would only report from waivers if we claimed him.

I will never again believe a player when they say this.
You're an inherent sceptic and pessimist @JoeyFlex5! We need dudes like you to even shit out! laugh out loud!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The teams put us through some trauma. I get it. This kind of success for us is new. Winning is one thing, but winning like this is new territory.
I get what you’re saying but I’m also this person in real life lol. I’m called super negative by a lot of people but I always thought I was more of a skeptic realist?

We are lacking a big bodied WR and a playmaker on defense, not to mention fixing our Oline, we need some pass rush help as well.

Hopefully we can do it all this off season.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
We are lacking a big bodied WR and a playmaker on defense, not to mention fixing our Oline, we need some pass rush help as well.

Hopefully we can do it all this off season.
Needs as I see them:
WR: need another guy with sure hands, big radius, and fast enough.
Edge: need complete edge defender with explosive pass rush skill set
IOL; need a G for LG or RG
RB: could upgrade at RB to further complement Lamar
ILB: coverage LB who can stop the run and TE
S: someone who can contain and stop the run but also cover deep and force interceptions
CB: depth guy(s) to fill in at slot CB and boundary
IDL: run stuffer who can rush passer

Every position essentially; that’s why I believe you to for the guy who is the best talent. If we can get a guy like Etienne I’d do it too. I say continue to pressure the league and make them adapt to what we want to do and complement the team around us.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Needs as I see them:
WR: need another guy with sure hands, big radius, and fast enough.
Edge: need complete edge defender with explosive pass rush skill set
IOL; need a G for LG or RG
RB: could upgrade at RB to further complement Lamar
ILB: coverage LB who can stop the run and TE
S: someone who can contain and stop the run but also cover deep and force interceptions
CB: depth guy(s) to fill in at slot CB and boundary
IDL: run stuffer who can rush passer

Every position essentially; that’s why I believe you to for the guy who is the best talent. If we can get a guy like Etienne I’d do it too. I say continue to pressure the league and make them adapt to what we want to do and complement the team around us.
Lol I just wanna point out that like every description was of a top 10 draft pick type. Completely well rounded with no weaknesses and explosive playmaker all in one for every position lol

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Id like us to look at the possibility of a FA signing of Shaq Barrett and a possible franchise tag applied to Judon (believe about 15.4 million). I had it in my mind that Barrett was a fit here during the off season and we could have signed a young player for a song but I still like the fit whether we franchise Matt or not.

Lol I just wanna point out that like every description was of a top 10 draft pick type. Completely well rounded with no weaknesses and explosive playmaker all in one for every position lol
Well, I hope this was the list of all the possible options we could go with and that it would be nice to fill 1 or 2 of these (certainly not all of them). Also, it wasn't stated that it had to be draft. Maybe one of these in 1st round and 1 in FA.

And you never know ... I think to fill some of these needs are players that can be developed to become what is described after the 1st round, but you just can't count on it and it won't be for a year or 2 down the road .... they certainly won't be "instant coffee".

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Id like us to look at the possibility of a FA signing of Shaq Barrett and a possible franchise tag applied to Judon (believe about 15.4 million). I had it in my mind that Barrett was a fit here during the off season and we could have signed a young player for a song but I still like the fit whether we franchise Matt or not.
I see very little chance Barrett hits FA. He was one of the few bright spots on a largely terrible defense, and that team has $90M in cap space to spend.

Reactions: cdp

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Clowney just said he wants to play for a contender and doesn't want to go to a sorry team for money. He wants to win

Bring him here, he's what we need.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...eon-clowney-eyeing-super-bowl-contender-in-fa
Maybe. I like the idea of paying either him/Barrett/?, signing McPhee to an inexpensive one year deal and franchising Judon and drafting a next year replacement for Judon.
This would give us
big FA signing (Barrett/Clowney or someone of that ilk ),
Ferguson
Judon
McPhee
higher round edge prospect