• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
And all of this is without a great pass-rush (still solid tho). Gosh, how much I want to see us having an insane pass-rush to compliment this secondary. The energy during home games would go through the fucking roof.

Think of all the chances that Peters and Thomas will be able to take next year if we can improve the pass-rush. AND we'll be getting Tavon back...Man, our defense could be even better next year which is SCARY to think about.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Think of all the chances that Peters and Thomas will be able to take next year if we can improve the pass-rush. AND we'll be getting Tavon back...Man, our defense could be even better next year which is SCARY to think about.
Precisely. Wink has never really had a great pass-rush to work with in his two year tenure so far. If he knows he can get pressure with 4, it's curtains. The question is tho: did TJ play his last snap with us given the emergence of Clark?

rossihunter2

Staff Member

getting to put humphrey back on the outside (although he's a nice addition to run support when lined up in the slot) but tavon young is a really good blitzer off the slot and also a bit of a poacher with the ball in the air and it would move humphrey back outside where he gets to use his strength of using the boundary as a 12th defender - that and the fact that tavon's never played slot with earl thomas behind him

we're going to need to find at least 1 more corner from somewhere be that jimmy, brandon carr, a free agent or a draft pick... we're going to need a MLB and find some pass rush be that interior or outside (or preferably both) - throw in another WR and IOL somehow and you're looking at a team that's somehow stronger than it is this year - there's not too many older players on this team either

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
With the Potomac Drainage Basin hiring Ron Rivera and Jack Del Rio becoming the new defensive coordinator they are switching to a 4-3 defense. The last time the Redskins were a 4-3 defense was back when Jim Zorn was head coach.

Anyway, I absolutely see them taking Chase Young in the draft, which gives them Young, Allen, Payne, Sweat, Ioannidis along the line. That's a lot of talent if Sweat actually pans out. My reason for this post is that I feel Ryan Kerrigan is going to be a cap casualty this offseason. Not because they need to cut him, because as of today they have 46m in cap space. I believe they will cut him because they can save 11.5m in cap space with no dead cap. I also believe he would be a good underrated signing with a short contract.

Thoughts?

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
With the Potomac Drainage Basin hiring Ron Rivera and Jack Del Rio becoming the new defensive coordinator they are switching to a 4-3 defense. The last time the Redskins were a 4-3 defense was back when Jim Zorn was head coach.

Anyway, I absolutely see them taking Chase Young in the draft, which gives them Young, Allen, Payne, Sweat, Ioannidis along the line. That's a lot of talent if Sweat actually pans out. My reason for this post is that I feel Ryan Kerrigan is going to be a cap casualty this offseason. Not because they need to cut him, because as of today they have 46m in cap space. I believe they will cut him because they can save 11.5m in cap space with no dead cap. I also believe he would be a good underrated signing with a short contract.

Thoughts?

It all depends on whether we resign Judon or not. I'm super positive we gonna draft some edge help.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Thoughts?
I think Kerrigan would do very well here. He’s a perfect fit and I’d bet the farm that year 1 he would have a big year, maybe he’d decline after that and end up average, but he strikes me as a Daryl smith type of veteran signing for us.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
This one is pretty telling

Yeah I’ll believe it when I see it. Anquan boldin and Derrick mason were both gonna retire if they didn’t return to Baltimore, Gary kubiak was building something special here, Terrell Suggs would only report from waivers if we claimed him.

I will never again believe a player when they say this.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah I’ll believe it when I see it. Anquan boldin and Derrick mason were both gonna retire if they didn’t return to Baltimore, Gary kubiak was building something special here, Terrell Suggs would only report from waivers if we claimed him.

I will never again believe a player when they say this.

rarely do players ever say what jimmy said though ill see if i can find the bit from the Zrebiec article and quote it here:

Jimmy Smith shifts in his chair and then pauses. He’s been around the NFL long enough to understand that what he’s about to say is probably not the wisest thing from a business perspective. There’s no need to potentially hurt your contract leverage when you’re a little more than two months away from free agency.

But the 31-year-old cornerback tends to say what’s on his mind and potentially not being on the Ravens next year is something he’s thought plenty about. He has no problem acknowledging that he’s prepared to do his part to make sure it doesn’t come to that.

“I’ve made a lot of money. I’m not going to go broke. You want to get all the money you can playing this game. I probably shouldn’t say this, but I like to be honest. You want to feel comfortable where you’re at,” Smith said in a recent interview with The Athletic. “Obviously, if somebody offers me a great contract, you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do. But for me, it’s all about being comfortable. I’m home here, so to continue to play; I’d want to do it here. No doubt.”

Reactions: cdp

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The part where Jimmy says "he's prepared to do his part to make sure it doesn't come to that" is a huge statement to make and why I believe he is willing to give a hometown discount. Now how much of a discount, we may find out in the offseason, but I do think he will be a Raven the next couple seasons.

Reactions: cdp