• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rossihunter2

Staff Member

We can always find money for defense. :huh:

i mean i'd be fine with it - not many players of that calibre available - i get that it's defence and not WR - but which WR are you giving that money???

just continues to show that they clearly did not like any of the top free agent WRs, which is why they've clearly been in on almost all the top WR prospects in the draft and also in the trade market

UPennChem

Hall of Famer

Yeah FOH to all the people who keep saying there isn't money for this and that. Dude would've been a greater than 11M cap hit the next 3 years. What a joke.

DHop plus cutting Duv is almost identical in cap hit to DHop THIS YEAR. Knowing we were gonna have the extension going forward as well

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
What a joke lol. Where’s this money when it comes to getting WRs?

To be fair , there isn’t a stud WR available in this free agency and it seems we’re really working the Hopkins trade. And last year I think we all agreed the WR market was super inflated and no body was worth the dollars they got.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
To be fair , there isn’t a stud WR available in this free agency and it seems we’re really working the Hopkins trade. And last year I think we all agreed the WR market was super inflated and no body was worth the dollars they got.
Meyers was worth the contact he got. No one else was worth big time money. That being said we've been "in" on the trade market. Which is a good thing. But I think it's hilarious that the contrarians of the board constantly say there isn't money for this or that every day of the week when it's categorically false. There is as much money as we want for anything we want to do always.

It's all about how the GM sees the board with respect to building the team. And I'll tell you right now, he'd be willing to give out 3 years > 11M cap hit to a very aging Darius Slay.

I'm gonna hold my tongue until after the draft, but my prediction is that my dislike for him will continue to grow.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah FOH to all the people who keep saying there isn't money for this and that. Dude would've been a greater than 11M cap hit the next 3 years. What a joke.

DHop plus cutting Duv is almost identical in cap hit to DHop THIS YEAR. Knowing we were gonna have the extension going forward as well

and who says we're out on DHop?

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Meyers was worth the contact he got. No one else was worth big time money. That being said we've been "in" on the trade market. Which is a good thing. But I think it's hilarious that the contrarians of the board constantly say there isn't money for this or that every day of the week when it's categorically false. There is as much money as we want for anything we want to do always.

It's all about how the GM sees the board with respect to building the team. And I'll tell you right now, he'd be willing to give out 3 years > 11M cap hit to a very aging Darius Slay.

I'm gonna hold my tongue until after the draft, but my prediction is that my dislike for him will continue to grow.
Slay in fa and a wr in 1st rnd wouldve really been big for us

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Yea he definitely seems to love him some defense.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I don't disagree at all. I'd have been happy that we at least plugged one of our 2 major holes. These posts are more about the fact that people keep saying we can't give money to a WR. Clearly we can. We're just choosing not too. Yet at least. Still holding out hope for Sutton or DHop or Jeudy

Sandtown

Pro Bowler

Honestly we really don't know if his cap hit would have been 11 million. It may have been lower than that the first year and then higher as the years went on. Meyers is cool and all but he still not at the level of Darius Slay also he wasn't a player that was cut either. Signing Slay wouldn't have affected The Ravens comp pick as well since he would have been a player that was cut/released if he had truly hit the free agent market. I don't think The Ravens would have been all in for signing Slay if he was free agent due to his contract being up like Meyers

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member

feel like with that deal that's how they saw the best chance to attack both positions and find a starter at CB whilst still using their most important capital of the offseason to help overhaul the WR room

now with slay choosing to go back to the eagles the adjustment is... what? MP after the draft maybe? or do we get Agholor and trade for a vet like DHop/Sutton/Jeudy etc. and use that 1st pick at CB/BPA

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
feel like with that deal that's how they saw the best chance to attack both positions and find a starter at CB whilst still using their most important capital of the offseason to help overhaul the WR room

now with slay choosing to go back to the eagles the adjustment is... what? MP after the draft maybe? or do we get Agholor and trade for a vet like DHop/Sutton/Jeudy etc. and use that 1st pick at CB/BPA
Imo given that the WR class is very weak and the totally nonzero possibility that the top 4 WRs may be off the board by our pick, trading for the proven WR and going CB with the first pick knowing it's such an elite class makes so much more sense to me.

Like from hedging your bets scenario, if you're gonna go BPA in the draft it's probably statistically way more likely CB will be the guy than WR. So you ought try and fill the WR need in FA

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

Aw man i forgot we got aghlor.. he from tampa so im gonna give him a shot. We need mp, we cant let marlo and his jokes fk the team up. Need atleast 1 guy with that dog in him… matter fact thats what we need to get back to.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
The possibility does exist that that Ravens were looking to get aggressive in free agency and blow cap based on the Lamar scenarios 1) he signs the tag and plays, we know we’re we stand in tag cap numbers 2)The FO has no intent on matching any possible offer sheet. Collecting their picks and moving on

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Pretty please

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I dont know why, but for some reason I feel signing Hopkins is the catalyst to Lamar coming to terms with us.
I agree..I might be more heartbroken this time if we don’t get him than the last time